#41 Helene

Helene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

hey guys, Josefs sister here.
Its been a while, but i just wanted to thank the guys who drove down and were part of the convoy. And thanks to the ppl who sent their thoughts and wishes. its amazing to see how loved josef is. to me he is just an annoying little brother lol. and he's still annoying me!! Geh.

Anyways, Mum is wanting to finish fixing Josefs car, and i figured the best place to ask would be here seeing as "we know nothing about cars so theres no point in explaining it to you" as Josef often said. Ofcause I wont know if you dont tell me silly :P

So anyways, if anyone knows anything about what he had planned for the car, or even help on how to actually go about it cause i really dont know much about cars that would be great.

Thanks
x

#42 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Tagline:Past member

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:59 PM

Helene,
      No worries. We had certainly discussed lending a hand to work on the car. If you haven't got an end goal in mind can I ask if Josef had any pics of other zeds around his room? They would give a good clue regarding his tastes and intentions. The other option is for us to trace back through his postings on this forum to see what he had planned. Once we know the end goal we can get a plan together.

#43 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

OK here is what I found:
His posts regarding the exterior pointed towards metalic green (emerald) with ZG flares

His posts regarding the interior were talking about a dash reskin, a center console replacement and race style seats.

Mechanically he was happy with the SUs, was considering a later model gearbox (to improve the synchros) and he wanted power steering and better brakes.

Now obviously some of this stuff costs more money than others so it would be good to know if we have any sort of budget?

Sushi, Any chance we can find / produce a pic of a 2+2 in Emerald green with ZG flares?

#44 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

Even better, I have the pics he asked me to photoshop to see what green would look like. The gearbox thing might also be from when he drove my yellow car. It was just after i put the s14 box in and I told him it was the best thing I've done.

I think this is where he was heading with the car although the green is a bit off.
Posted Image

I think he ultimately decided on the green metallic from the 240z
Posted Image

Helene, it is obviously up to you guys how much you want to make it how he wanted it. In my opinion, and if it were me I would just aim for the style he was going for but don't worry so much about the technical improvements such as engine gearbox etc. This would be fairly straight forward, the major cost/concern would be the flared guards (the black bit around the wheels in the first picture). It isn't that hard to do, but you would have to buy a new set of wheels and tyres to fill them out properly. So depending on what you can find second hand you might be looking at $400-1500 for the wheels and a couple of hundred for the actual flares themselves.

The next thing will be the rust and painting. Even if it looks fine now, you'll probably find a lot more rust once you start sanding. If a few of us guys from the forum can do the work for you it won't be so bad but if you have to pay a shop to do it you will be looking at $$$. Also when it comes to painting the actual car, some of us from the forums could do that as well with varying results. If you want a perfect mirror finish then probably best going to an experienced spray painter (once again $$$) but I'm sure someone on the forum could get it to a good enough standard to be happy with. There would still be about $1000? maybe for a home job with paint and consumables etc. You would probably want to replace most of the main weatherstripping when painting as well to stop any leaks etc. Probably about $400 minimum up to about $800 for the main ones.

Then there is the interior. A new center console goes for about $180US the last time I checked. A professional reskin on the dash would make it look new for about $750, although I'm going to attempt a DIY job on my car for about $100 or so. It's a textured paint you spray on as opposed to recovering the dash in vinyl. The pro job is preferable but if money is an issue than a DIY job should hopefully look pretty tidy. Then the is the rest of the vinyl bits inside the car and the carpets. There is a guy here (think his name was Hayden, I should really check this) who was doing all of the interior bits for a decent price. I would have to check but maybe $800-1500 depending on what you would need.

Then for peace of mind, a rebuild of the stock engine would be nice (but maybe not necessary). Maybe about $1000 for this.

Greg, Steve and I were talking about lending a hand but we weren't sure if the car was going to be here in Brisbane with his dad or with you guys in Lismore. Obviously if it is in Lismore it could make thigns a bit more difficult for us to work on it. But anyway if you work out what you want to do just let us know and we'll see how we can help.

#45 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

Found this on my facebook but this is before he decided on that green I think:

José Salazar    April 27, 2009 at 3:08pm
I was thinking of getting a picture of Revzed's car and screwing around with that. It's just a 2+2 that already has flares, would make it a little easier, right? So with that, change the rims to 17's, make the body a dark gun metal grey, the bonnet a black with a line running down the air dam, add a BRE lip, like so: http://www.viczcar.c...om&cat=0&pos=14

Scando's car is basically the colour scheme I want, but instead of the green I want a gun metal grey.

After that maybe just play with a few different body colours and rims.

José Salazar    May 19, 2009 at 1:30pm
Thanks, champ! That look great.

If it's not too much trouble, can I get you to test a few other body colours? Like british racing green, dark metallic blue, and maybe like a dark purple?

#46 Helene

Helene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

Wow thanks for all the information :D there's so much stuff lol.

Would anyone be keen to get a coffee sometime and talk about it all?

#47 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

I am keen but my next feww weekends are booked up. What side of town are you on?

#48 Helene

Helene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

question.. whats everyones real names lol.

I go between Clayfield on the northside and Fairfield on the southside.

I only have uni, so im free weekends and afternoons. :)

#49 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

The three of us that attended the service were Shaun, Steve and myself (Greg). We are all on the Northside too so I am sure we can manage to get together some time.

Shaun and I are happy to take the lead on coordinating any "makeover" we agree on. But we would also be keen to hear from others on the forum that are willing to help with facilities, skills or other contributions.

Helene,
      Do you want to nominate a coffee shop or something similar in the Clayfield or Toombul area?

I am available next Sat July 24th. Anybody else?

#50 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Tagline:75 260 2+2 RA60 Celica Hatch 74 260

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

Can Paint BUT not sanding down. Paint will cost about $800 with all the other bits. I am totally sick of rubbing down my car.

#51 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:07 PM

I'm Shaun :)

There's a party at my place the night of the 24th so I might be running around organising stuff but I can probably get away if we ddecide to meet then.

#52 stevo_gj

stevo_gj

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Tagline:Steve

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:22 PM

I'm going to  party that night but I'm also available during the day.

#53 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Tagline:75 260 2+2 RA60 Celica Hatch 74 260

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:40 PM

You young people all you want to do is party. Opps the Wife just saw this and reminded me of what we did when we were your age. Damm now I have to sit back and think what to do when our first grandchild arrives in September. Thank God for Z's they keep us young. If I can help with Josef's car in any way give me a shout.

#54 Helene

Helene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

Hey guys
There's an ok cafe on sandgate rd on the corner of oriel rd. Mids and Mains.
I'm good for the 24th too. I have an exam in the morning (who's stupid idea was it to have exams at 8:30 on a Saturday morning?!?) so ill be free after 11.

How does 1pm sound?

#55 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:46 AM

I'm good for 1pm.

Thanks Peter, I'll let you know how we go.

Cheers
Shaun

#56 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

I'm good for 1 pm also.

Sexual sushi, Do we have another image of a 2+2 in that colour with standard wheels and no flares....just in case we need to consider reducing the costs?

#57 Helene

Helene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

Sweet, well i shall see you guys on saturday then :)
If needed my mob is -removed-
Ciao

Edit: removed mobile number

#58 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

Oh was gonna send you a msg but didnt save the number haha.

I'll see ya's there at 1

#59 Helene

Helene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:02 PM

Hey guys slight problem. Mum doesnt want Paul to have the car, so im going to have to find a garage or something to store the car in. Any suggestions???

#60 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

Helene,
        That is a slight problem. However we might be able to work around that. We had spoken about the posibility of removing some of the items requiring work. We can do this portion of work while the car is still in Lismore. Once we are past that stage we would need somewhere to work on it as a whole car. Some of that work may be possible in its current location but certainly the final steps need more space. The down side of this idea would be the need for us to get down to Lismore to work on the car. Maybe we can plan around a long weekend or something. Is there somewhere we could crash?

If we can get it to those final steps before moving it I would be happy to have it in my shed to finish it....The idea being that those final steps would only take a few weeks. I can't commit to having it for a prolonged period.

The only other consideration with this approach is weather, because it would not be good to move the car at that stage unless we have clear weather with low humidity. We won't have too much control over that.

I will talk this over with the guys and see what we can come up with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users