Z Run in memory of Josef Hainaut "Josepf"

One of our forum members Josepf died in an ultra-light plane crash in nothern NSW yesterday. Steve and I met Josef at the Z nationals last year and since have had a few meets and party's here and there. He was a cool young guy, very friendly and always up for paying out Steve ;). He bought a 2+2 around the end of 2008 and it didn't take him long to get the car driving again. It needed a coat of paint etc but for now was just happy to be driving around in a Z.

His family has asked if we would like to do a Z run in his honour, the memorial service will be in Lismore towards the end of next week. All Z guys are welcome to come and pay their respects. I will be driving from Brisbane so we can meet people along the way.

I will update this post with the day and time etc when we know more details.

post-174-144023570282_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLY SHIT! :( This is Terrible news! :(

I had Joe on my MSN & FB, he was always friendly & asked lots of questions if he needed help. He was a nice young guy.

Someone taken too soon.

R.I.P. :(

• Administrators

It's strange because you interact with people on an online forum and sometimes all you see is names on a screen. When something like this happens it makes you realise it's much more than that and that each member of the community contributes in some way shape or form.

Unfortunately I never met Josef, but I am still very sad to hear of his passing and I fully support any drive day in his memory now and in future.

R.I.P mate, way too young. 

Hi guys, good to hear all the kind words.

No info on dates or such yet. His sister posted this on facebook on Saturday:

it will be a week or ten days, but the funeral will be on Billen Cliffs. We'll keep you all posted as far as dates and exact location.

I'll post any new info when I get it.

Hey guys, im Josefs sister, Helene. Thank you all for your words and thoughts.

Its great of you all to do a tribute drive for him, he'd love it!! We all know how much he loved that silly car lol.

We're not a hundred percent sure yet as to when the funeral will be, but it will be this weekend, sunday hopefully. It's going to be at a community down here near Lismore called Billen Cliffs. We can give you directions if needed.

We've decided to have a joint funeral with Michael who also died in the plane crash. Michael was the pilot and owned the plane. Josef and Michael have been friends for years! All i keep thinking is that they died doing something they both loved. Silly boys and their toys! lol.

Im not sure who of you is organising the drive for him, but if someone wants to contact me for anything my mobile is 0432 552 253. I know Steve, so he can call me :P Doesn't really matter who does though, but it would be good if someone could so as we can organise stuffs.

Thank you all so much, Josef sure does love his Datsun! (dont be angry if i spelt that wrong lol)

Helene x

I'm available to come on the Sunday and I'm happy to help organise it.

My number is 0416 $ 810 $ 906

I imagine Shaun will be joining me and I would encourage anyone else to come along. As soon as I find out what time the service starts I'll post it back here. It's approximately a 3 hour drive to Billen Cliffs from Brisbane according to google maps.

Hey everyone, Helene here.

Its looking to be pretty definate for sunday. Was wondering how you guys feel about accompanying the herse from Mullumbimby to Billen Cliffs. (The funeral parlor is at mullumbimby but the funeral service and burial is at Billen Cliffs. Mullumbimby is north of Lismore, so on the way from Brisbane).

Also my father would like a Z badge to put on the coffin. Does anyone have one we can buy/get? (Thanks Steve for the Datson badge too). Josef loves that car more than anything!

Again, everyone is welcome to the service on sunday regardless of how well you knew him or if you only spoke on the net.

My number is 0432 552 253 if anyone needs.

Yes I will also be there, just let us know the times and we will get it sorted out.

Greg, Steve and I live on Northside so I imagine we will meet around my house in Kedron just off Gympie Road, or at Steve's place in Clayfield. If anyone else would like to come just let us know where you would like to meet up.

Shaun