Sign in to follow this  
Veloce

PCV valve not connected - where should the hose enter the block on an L28?

The PCV valve on my 240z L28 (N42) has no hose connected to it. I read somewhere the hose should go into the block somewhere under the dizzy?

I had a look but couldn't see anywhere obvious where it should go? I also had a look at pictures of L28 blocks but i'm still unsure.

Can anyone help me out? I think this is something that really needs to be hooked up...

Cheers

Michael

The crank case vent is located on the left side of the block below #1 exhaust port, there should be a short tube fitted to this outlet .

You can see it here with the vent hose attached just to the right of the vacuum advance pot on the dizzy, the grey pipe with the braided hose attached running to the underside of the air box.

post-301-144023569326_thumb.jpg

Thanks that's what i was looking for. It turns out the hose was connected but it was just going down under the car into nothing...

So i cleaned out the PCV valve and hooked the hose back up.

Speaking of that hose, does any one know were I can get a replacement at a reasonable price.

4 engines and they are all in a bad way. :(

Vent hose still available thru Nissan Japan ............if you know the replace part number ??

Lou Mondello sourced mine thru his Nissan contacts............give him a call 9555 9591

Im re-routing mine... turbo gets in the way.

My hose is in ok nic, can send a pic if anyone wants it?

A Ford heater hose can also be used but it has no bends. I think its for an EF EL? It has a large opening at one end then thins out to a normal heater hose size.

OK

Im going to blank off the PCV valve connection to the efi intake manifold, has a wierd tapered thread.

ANyone know what it is? and what can I blank it off with?

The local bolt shops got no idea...

Find a Pirtek or Enzed shop for hose fittings. Things like that are a NPT or bizzare thread that bolt places don't really stock.