240z heater panel differences

taylor

Hi there

Does anyone know if the australian delivered 73 240z has a  different heater panel to the rest of the 240z range  like in the states ?

If so will it fit into a earlier model 240z ? 

One more question , has anyone ever used a US heater panel and selector levers  in a Australia 240 and reversed  function so that the off  is working on the left  and not the right like australian cars?  If anyone can shed some light on this for me that would be great . Thanks

• 2 months later...

Old topic but the US heater panel should be the same and if your Aussie mechanism bolts straight on the back of US panel you can buy stickers "Heater", "Vent", "Room" in reverse for Aussie panel

Anyone who wants to know where to get these stickers just post

Pete

• 3 years later...
  • Administrators

Reviving an old topic here but I've found that there is several different designs of this panel and it would be good to confirm which applies to what years for AU market cars.. The below is based on assumption so if anyone can confirm - perhaps with photos from their own vehicles it would be appreciated.

I took some reference photos from here:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/open-s30-z-discussions/34314-1970-series-i-240z-unique-parts.html

Early Grey Plastic Heater Console. - It's my understanding that this applies to cars manufactured in late 1969. I don't think any Australian delivered vehicles had this grey panel, but I've not seen enough photos of HS30-0004 to be 100% certain. Photo of the interior of HS30 0004 can be seen here:

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php?topic=13650.0

HLS3000016RadioHeater.jpg

rapis+051.jpg

early-grey-heater-panel.JPG

Note: close up photos shows AIR/TEMP/DEF - moulded into the actual unit itself.

DSCN3911.JPG

The following images are from HS30 00150 (1970 Model 240z AU Delivered) - now it's possible this was changed at some point in it's life but I would be surprised.

IMG_20131219_174128.jpg

Note: Non hooded map light bezel / panel.

IMG_20131219_174105.jpg

Here is 1 I won on Yahoo! Auctions out of a 72 HS30-H apparently...

72-heater-3.jpg

72-heater.jpg

I believe all our cars (240z's sent to Australia) received this heater panel.

DSCN3910.JPG

1973 model 240z's. The following photos are from US eBay and I actually don't think AU market cars received this heater facia panel.

73-240z-console.JPG

73-240z-console-close.JPG

These were apparently backlit (for the first time).

I do think AU market cars had a backlit center heater panel, but I don't think the design on the control section was this flat panel.

I'm happy to be corrected on any of the above....

and just to depress everyone, these are the prices listed for OEM stock of these panels.

http://shop.jdm-car-parts.com/index.php?main_page=products_all&disp_order=7&page=3

Thankfully it seems that reproduction panels now exist.

• 10 months later...