woza01's rear brake kit

yellazed

Hoping someone has the backing plate kit that warren designed for the Wilwood rear brake setup to mount the Wilwood caliper and separate handbrake caliper.

Several kits were sold to members - hoping someone has one they no longer need.

Thanks,

Wal

Make that two, I will take the second one if there is another one about.  Otherwise I will get woza to send me over the plans and I will see if I get them made at a mates engineering workshop.

yellazed I will Email Woza and see if he can send me an electronic template of the design. Then I will have to see if my mate can make them.

• 1 year later...

Hey Hunter, did you ever get a response from Woza with the bracket file? If we can't get one I might cad one up soon so long as 1) Woza's not making them anymore (which seems to be the case) or 2) Woza still wants to make them and doesn't mind.

Edit: just read some of Woza's more recent posts about the handbrake not holding too well and constantly needing adjusting so might head down a different route. Will probably start a new thread soon :)

I used wozas kit which included his drawing on CAD and cable specs with layout.  I am happy to give them out providing Woz approves. They are top shelf in quality and design.  If you need i might still have his ph # still

I can tell u the arizona z car brakes are Crazy. So powerful underfoot and re assuring. I got the 4 pots all round on 12.2" discs with his coilovers and they are worth every cent. Especially with the strong $AUD.

I have a Tdi golf 09 as a daily, and those brakes feel dodgey after driving the z now.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I msg'd Woza and asked if it was alright to host the design files for the bracket for people to download but he was a little hesitant as he didn't want anything dodgy or not done properly getting back to him.

I'm looking into radial mounted wilwoods with a built in handbrake attachment, I'll start a new thread soon to get some feedback on why this is/isn't a possibility.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys...

Just found this thread (havent been on here for a while)....

Been thinkig a bit more about the Brackets etc etc....

Im now happy to email all the drawings, and an electronix DXF file (for laser cutting) to anyone that needs them for $50. This includes the Handbrake cable drawing, and the manufacturers contact details (he can make the cables without the drawing). Its a small price to pay considering the development work that went into them.

Obviously sounds like they might already be doing the rounds...nothing I can do about that I suppose, but the offer is there.

Cheers

Warren

• 5 years later...

Hi All,

I have for sale a complete set......2 Spot Calipers, 2 brackets, and handbrake cable. All yours for $150. Its used obviously, as i have redesigned the setup using Wilwoods New MC4 Caliper. I have just done a production round of those as well...no interest from this forum, but sold plenty to the USA, Canada & Germany.

I have for sale, the prototype kit ...which includes 2 MC4 calipers, Handbrake cable & 2 brackets. yours for $300. Being the prototype, there a few mods i had to do to test the system out, but they are minor and arent noticeable..happy to explain if anyone is interested. Note...you'll pay around $300 alone just for the calipers !

Cheers

Woza

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Woz, is the new kit designed to eliminate the spot caliper and replace it with the new all in one caliper?

Hey Mate...well, yes and no.....The new MC4 is not an all-in-one caliper...you still need your main caliper for braking. It is simply a much better, stronger designed Handbrake-only caliper. Essentially. Hope this helps.

Cheers

WG

• 1 month later...