Sign in to follow this  
herrods

r200 3.9 lsd

But the R180's are not as strong as the R200 are they, isn't that why they came out with the R200 - cause we kept on smashin the R180's?

But the R180's are not as strong as the R200 are they, isn't that why they came out with the R200 - cause we kept on smashin the R180's?

Only if you can't drive or straight out abuse the drivetrain.  I have an R180 diff behind a stroker and it has coped with 3500rpm clutch dumps for about 10 seasons of circuit racing with no dramas.

i also know of a lot of Sports sedans in the late '80's early '90's that used r180 diffs because they were relatively light for their strength, and they were coping with some big powered rotaries and also some turboed FJ's with little drama.

I would only use an R200 diff if I was required to under class rules, eg running a 260Z in Historic group Sc.

That's really interesting. I'm putting together an L28 ITB Turbo build and looking for the strongest diff / driveline I can (within financial reason!). I'll put the R180 back in the mix. Apologies for hijacking your thread Herrods, good luck with the hunt!

Sorry Herrods, I had a hell of a time chasing up my 3.9 LSD, its not for sale. If and when the time comes, you will be the first to know.

So Dimitri, have you changed the gearing from 4.4 to 3.9?

That's what I'd like to do with mine.......... Is there a thread on how you went about it?

sorry zedman, got my usernames confused, zedhead26 said he had oe for sale as well.

so, if zedhead26 could pull it apart and perform the appriopriate measurements....

And no worries about the thread hijack, puts as much of the info in front of the next people (assuming they use the search feature :P)