3 replies to this topic

#1 JP240z

JP240z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:21 PM

I've noticed a switch in my console that goes to nothing at the moment, it is just below the cigarette lighter and is the furthest right switch, just wondering if this is a blank on standard cars or if there ever was something that was meant to be switched on and off.
Cheers,
JP.

#2 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:20 PM

mines a 260z so prob of no help or relavence, but it has a switch i thought did nothing but it turned out they turn on and off the driving lights, but only when high beam is on, hence y i didn't know :lol: and then there are a couple of blanking plates next to it too, i can't think of anything else that needs switching though?

#3 warrenz

warrenz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:53 PM

Mine is a 73 240 with standard interior and I have no switches on the console or dash other than the cigarette lighter.

Directly under the cigarette lighter on the dash has a blank for a switch but nothing is fitted.

On the console flap that opens to the fuse box are places for 3 switches but none are fitted on my car. The far left one is marked for the rear window demister but not sure what the right had one was for. The centre was spare.

Cheers
Warren

#4 JP240z

JP240z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:49 PM

Thanks Warren,
I was pretty sure it was meant to be a blank, but someones put a switch through to the engine bay in the last 35 years.
Cheers,
Jack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users