Anyone have any old Tamiya RC cars?

• Moderators

As above, if anyone has any old (pref mid 80's cars - Wild One / Monster Beetle in particular) Tamiya or Kyosho radio control cars they want to sell, please let me know. Doesn't matter what state it's in unless its a pile of molten plastic, I will be interested. Thanks..

What about the infamous Super Hornet?

Getting all nostalgic are we Dimitri ;D For me its bmx bikes from the 80's and skateboards at the moment but I do remember owning a tamiya hornet and a bigwig back in the day.

i got my tamya hornet back in 1982 so they arnt that modern

• Moderators

Mick, the Hornet was the original in 82 but the Super Hornet came out in the late eighties? I remember it had orange wheels and decals and some other mods. I'm particularly after a Hotshot/Supershot and or Wild One and a few others. Had one when I was in my teens and would love to have them again..for the memories! hahaha

Mick, the Hornet was the original in 82 but the Super Hornet came out in the late eighties? I remember it had orange wheels and decals and some other mods. I'm particularly after a Hotshot/Supershot and or Wild One and a few others. Had one when I was in my teens and would love to have them again..for the memories! hahaha

ahhhh ok I didnt know that

At the same time i had a methanol powered 240z rc car This was before i knew what a 240z was

Man, that brings back memories. 

I still have the Wild One, Hornet, Frog, Monster Beetle, Hot Shot, a monster truck and another buggy that I've forgotten the names of, and Tamiya's first ever petrol engine RC - which name also escapes me.  They gave me hours of entertainment, with my friends and I making tracks on every available land in our area.  We're also lucky I lived near a beach with lots of sand dunes suitable for jumps.  Lots of travelling on weekends too to RC Race Competitions. Those were the days. :D

Though not sure where they are exactly now.  Most likely all stored somewhere at my parents garage complete with their original box and radios.

Good to see I'm not the only one after childhood toys that used to own.

Though those higher end Tamiya rc I wasn't lucky enough to have them.

I em chasing turbo hopper and super turbo hopper 86 to 88 models

also collecting late 70s and 80s Lego and trying to find few other stuff like portable video games and dukes of hazzard slot cars

if I see any of those tamiya I let you know.

• Moderators

Hey RBZ, if you are after 80's Technic Lego, I found a great source. Has complete sets with box's most of the time. Thanks for keeping an eye out....

Hi Dimitri,

I have an old but complete Lancia Rally, if you are interested........mid eighties?

Always interested! If you can email me a pic, that would be great! Email is dvass (at) bigpond dot net dot au

Thanks all for the responses! Keep em comiong..

• Moderators

Just any model from that era; if I can find a Bruiser (4x4 with metal chassis and 3 speed) I'd be happy! I'm not really fussed though.. I'll consider anything but not too modern. I'll see what pops up. Frog, Hornet, Bgiwig, Blackfoot, Fast attack Vehicle etc..

My first ever Tamiya RC was the Hornet.  It was tough as nails but it's solid rear axel was prone to bottoming out or hitting things when doing jumps etc.  I had to at least replace mine twice.  Then I upgraded to the Frog, with its more advanced fully independend suspension.    ;D

Though the Hornet still has a special place in my all time favourite RCs.

Damn you all! All this nostalgia made me buy this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220582293996&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com.au%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D220582293996%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I still have an original Frog in the shed somewhere as well. It's Fully Sik with 540 black motor and roller bearings  ;D Hectic uleh. Had a couple of Jet Hoppers but then saved up for the Frog.

Hehe Sydney mike stay away from evil bay it will quickly make u broke

zedman240 yeah good source is it good price? Lol I got quite a few sources but price is also very high.

I got quite few early technic sets and looking out for other sets or parts to complete some of my collection.

Though since the house building my nostalgia and cars are on backburner

though in short time I managed to recollect all my childhood sets plus quite a few extra. Expecialy the more exy ones that parents couldn't afford.

Gone so bad that a got the whole 1978-1990 classic space collection.

Still in hunt for the hoppers

good luck with the hunt