67 replies to this topic

#41 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:20 PM

well this is just starting to piss me off, the prices i've been quoted today are $2200 and $2400, so mayb they get jacked up for christmas? two months ago one of the places quoted me under $1800 so they said they are going to look into whats going on, it was a verbal quote they gave me so....they also said they wouldnt be done this side of christmas most likely anyway, which is fine by me...just thats a pretty big $$$ increase over what you paid for them, the only thing i want different is black centres. at the price i've been quoted today it would b hard to decide between these or watanabes lol

are you able to give them a call or find out the name of the place you bought them from sulio? i'll be in the northern suburbs tomoz morning so would be able to drop in and put money down etc.

#42 Bruce

Bruce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:28 PM

have you tried trackside tyres?
trackside tyres
They are in Kilsyth.
A few guys in our car club (NCCA) have bought wheels there and they were quite reasonable.
cheers
Bruce

#43 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:43 PM

thanks, i'll give them a call tomorrow, hopefully it is just that these places are trying to make more money off the rims so there will be one place that will still sell them for a decent price.

#44 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:11 PM

i'm in malaysia, check ur PM's.

#45 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:50 PM

Here is a pic of a Fairlady Z (yes the S31 aka L20aE originally fitted - even has electric windows and a factory rally clock) with a set of the Performance Wheels Superlites in 16x7

Attached Thumbnails

• 809_.jpg

#46 Azon

Azon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:04 PM

No offence to anyone but these look terrible in my opinion compared to RS-8 watanabes - looks like just like a pathetic copy to me - the shape might be similar but the proportion is not correct at all :shock: each to their own I guess :D

#47 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:12 PM

blue leaf I don't think they are meant to be copies of watanabe wheels but rather the original magnisium minilites, I think they might have been English from memory. Anyhow I think they are a big improvement on alot of the dodgy after market 1970's 14" dealer optioned wheels you see on the Z's. I think this is a good wheel for those that want to stay with a period look and not blow mega dollars but of coarse each to their own!

#48 Azon

Azon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:21 PM

blue leaf I don't think they are meant to be copies of watanabe wheels but rather the original magnisium minilites, I think they might have been English from memory. Anyhow I think they are a big improvement on alot of the dodgy after market 1970's 14" dealer optioned wheels you see on the Z's. I think this is a good wheel for those that want to stay with a period look and not blow mega dollars but of coarse each to their own!

Yeah I know that they arent really a copy, I am just saying that they look like an attempt on one - although those kind of wheel look was the standard in the late 60s early 70s all over the world... but watanabe just looks sooo much better....

#49 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:13 AM

i guess it also depends which style of watanabes, as they dont look like the type-r's but kind of look like the rs-8's just without the bolts

i like them, but not as much as the ones i'm getting :D lol, hopefully have them and some pics soonish

#50 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:33 AM

just thought i should let people know you can now no longer get the really good price sulio got on his ROH rims, as the company has closed/gone bankrupt or something, due to the great prices they have...

so this leaves me trying to contact the guy, whos left a notice on the building saying for any enqires on a number, which is the number i had for him, which is turned off...the building is for lease so i have called the real estate agent, hopefully this guy owned the building, and he was doing a bit of modifications to it when i was there ordering the wheels, like putting down floor boards, which i assume u couldn't really do if u were leasing?

i called roh and have been told to call them back in a bit, but that when they couldnt get onto the guy they cancelled the order, i'm hoping they can help me out a bit possibly on another set. but basically i shouldnt have put down such a large deposit i guess, as now i need to try to chase that down :oops:

the guy a month ago told me that they would of started making them, which roh say did happen, but ? as you can imagine i am rather annoyed as i've already waited quite some time...probably should of ordered them sooner so they were ready by christmas.

thanks sulio for ur efforts of getting me the same price, hopefully it all works out lol

#51 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:11 AM

man that sux. Keep tryimg to find him in the meantime see if ROH would be decent enough to make them for you at cost price. I would also let them know in a nice way that there are many other people well aware of the current situation.

#52 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:24 AM

thanks to ROH i spoke to the guy i ordered the wheels through today. so things look like they are going ahead, just another 4 week wait :(

the guy has moved out of retail and into wholesale or something, but he can't explain why its been so hard for me to get onto him, or y ROH couldnt get onto him either...but then he ordered another set of wheels from them which is how they have his new number. ROH is going to let me know if there are any issues, and i'll be sure to stay in contact with them more this time lol

#53 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:34 PM

So where will you be picking up the wheels from? Has Dom got a new business location or you picking the wheels up directly from ROH?

#54 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:03 PM

dom is now working for another company as wholesale or something like that, but i assume he can still trade under his old company name as its still in existance, just there is no shop front. if things go bad there then i'll have to work something out with ROH who are being helpful and have got the wheels back on the production line

i called roh today to see if dom had paid them yet, as thats why they cancelled them, and he hasn't, and i told them i was happy to call him although it doesn't make as much sense as them calling them, so they said they'd chase it up, so i assume i'll hear from them if there's an issue, although since he's ordering wheels from ROH for this wholesale company (it makes no sense to me to put another shop in this stupid process of buying wheels, although he said they mainly sell tyres to car yards, which still doesn't make complete sense to me but atleast this place has a shop front in existance lol) so i guess i'll see how things go. when i talked to dom he said he was happy for me to come and get a refund from him as he could understand my annoyance etc, but i'll see how things go

#55 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:19 PM

blue leaf, dom wants to get this order finished with before taking another one. i'm now ment to get my rims on the 14th of this month, apparently they have changed the centre caps they use on them so they have to get it machined and this is taking them a long time for some reason. i dont get how they got confused and thought i'd have the rims this week...

#56 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:34 PM

Does anyone know if the 15x8 (8 spoke) will clear a brake setup like the ArizonaZcar.com setup ie 12.2" rotors and wilwood superlite calipers - total clearance required is 13.8" - anybody got any and want to take a measurement?

#57 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:41 PM

Just visited performance wheels site and on the superlite page they have a pdf that you can download - it shows that 17" are on the way also they have a new rims coming "Superlite GTR" they don't have a pic but it would be good to know what these look like maybe they are more like the RS Watanabe style? Time will tell.

#58 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:34 PM

Ok I found the answer to the superlite gtr question. see http://www.packracin...GTR_Wheels.html

So the GTR is a light version - cool I will be ordering a set once I know what size I need to clear my 12.2" rotors (310mm) and calipers.

#59 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:09 PM

off topic but what brakes are you going with? are you still peicing together the factory bits from various cars or have u decided to just get arizonaZcar brakes? if so what r u diong about a handbrake? with the exchange rate so good i'm more than tempted...

#60 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:55 AM

off topic but what brakes are you going with? are you still peicing together the factory bits from various cars or have u decided to just get arizonaZcar brakes? if so what r u diong about a handbrake? with the exchange rate so good i'm more than tempted...

Well they are like ArizonaZcar but they are from JSK see http://www.autobrake....com/datsun.htm Juan was good to deal with. This way I could get all the heavy stuff locally. So that is what I am doing on the fronts. The rears a different - I am working on a hybrid conversion using falcon and commodore parts so it will be a dics with a drum in hat hand brake - once I get it sorted I will post a pic and what I had to do in the brakes section - as I am not in a hurry I am still waiting for the rotors to be re-drilled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users