Jeez what a gadget!

#22 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:06 PM

i keep having second thoughts now that i'm about to go buy them, i think i need to re read these threads!

Attached Thumbnails

• 595_.jpg

#23 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:04 PM

i'm going to hold out until i put the flares on, i need to decided weather to go 5 stud or stay 4 stud (will depend on if i purchase a halfcut etc, although am thinking i should just order the rims and get brakes to suit, instead of rims to suit brakes, however it would mean i could get some second hand rims off a skyline etc, but finding some in the right width and offset might still be a challenge so not sure)

so to make up for it i've painted the centres of one of my set of stock rims black, in this pic the edge still hasn't been cleaned up, and it doesn't have the centre caps which look nicer now! i made use of my left over rust paint and just brushed it on hehe

Attached Thumbnails

• 602_.jpg

#24 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:04 PM

hehe-your plans are scattered, focus dude.

#25 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:46 PM

yeah i know :s it all depends on whats happening next year and how far i'll have to drive, if i'm going to move out etc etc. idealy i'd like my zed with a newer engine thats fuel efficent on the freeway or just round about, but has power (sr?, rb?, jz? and i dont know what sort of budget i'd want to work within yet so :S) and comfy seats, and nice rims, and good stopping power, and as things pop up i keep swapping between them.

i had a good half an hour or so in my bro's go kart (100S) after work the other day around a track near whittelsea and its awesome, legal, and relatively cheap :D i didn't realise they would b SOO much better than hire karts! although i generally have the luck of having a kart that gets lapped while going down the straight the few times i go...

and i should really have an "evans crap" thread or blog or something instead of putting whatever my current thoughts are onto the end of whichever thread it currently is hehe

#26 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:56 AM

Just kiddin Evan, thats what these forums are for but just to touch on your comments about getting a RB or SR motor for fuel efficiency! The amount of money you'll spend on getting that motor installed and engineered would be equavalent to about 2 or 3 years of petrol I reckon, I assume you use 40 to 50 bux a week in juice. Not to mention the other modifications.

My advice, seeing your prolly finding hard to scrape up a few grand seeing your at school, keep it simple until you can afford to blow 10 to 15K on what you want to do above.

Go karts are fun hey, I used to have a kart with an aprilla motor. Man that thing used to fly, feels even faster at night if you can find a track with lights.

#27 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:15 AM

yeah i'm aware of the fact that the amount saved in petrol (assuming i end up spending less in petrol with the new motor etc, which may not be the case depending how i drive) isn't really a reason for a conversion hehe. however i wouldnt want a conversion that ended up costing HEAPS in petrol, like a gen 3 v8 etc. the crx was nearly costing half the price in petrol each week...

#28 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:03 PM

So no go on the Superlites!? Damn I was hoping to see what the 16's would look like! :wink: I'm sure we'll see another member here get them soon. :wink: :wink: I'm still trying to get my brother to buy a 240. If I succeed I'll get him to put a set on as soon as the car hits the garage.

#29 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:15 PM

the places ended up saying it would b more than they quoted etc, so i ended up being discouraged from that point of view, and when thinking about it i wanted them as having the flares and stuff on on p's would b a fair bit of cop attention, but then by the time i got the wheels after waiting for them to b made they would only b on the car for a couple of months and then i'd want to buy the 10" for use with flares, which wont be availible by then, and all up would cost about the same as some 3 peice roh rims and hence making it pointless!

in regards to not purchasing some roh rims now due to stud pattern, mayb i'm thinking to far ahead of myself...next year i'm hoping to do a year of IBL (work placement) so will have twice as much money and actully some free time! so am trying to work out what to do with it, besides something boring and logical like saving for a house deposit...

#30 lambs

lambs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:19 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com....1QQcmdZViewItem

#31 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:11 PM

looks like a nice find and would be great to pick up for that price even with shipping. we should get some pics of them on the guys car!

there's no point bidding against a fellow member though! goodluck gav, i hope sprinter ppl dont find the link...but you already have a set? :P you can get a set brand new without tyres for $920 in the silver colour, its just in the other colours the price gets pushed up to $980 if this changed how high you want to bid!

#32 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:17 AM

Good set for Nathan!

Evan, thta was Lambs reply not Gavins, the quetsion asked was by a Gavin but who knows if it is the same Gavin as on this forum!?

#33 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,621 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:18 AM

yeah it's me, I'm Gav240z everywhere I go on the net.

I actually bid on them thinking they were Panasports but then realised they were 16" Superlites. They are very similar in design if not the same. I think I can see a tiny difference in the design.

I'm not sure what's better Superlites or Panasports, I know Panasports are fairly expensive in comparison so who knows.

I put in my max bid already if I get outbid so be it. I just prefer the longer spokes and would like 16" rims to accommodate Z32 calipers upfront.

If I win them I'll sell my 15's so if you want those Evan I'll sell them cheap to you. :D

#34 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:26 AM

don't want those superlites anyway sulio, look at the offset, and the dish terrible

#35 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 03:55 PM

yeah i was assuming gav240z was gav! and thanks for the offer gav but i'm happy to hold out for some deep dished ones, the aim is to have them for the new year, along with some bigger brakes :D my master cylinder emptied itself the other day, not good!

whats the advantage of z32 brakes over the toyota ones? and how hard are they to put on? hmmm i should search :D

#36 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:33 PM

I think the calipers are aluminium. prolly need to manufacture brackets and run new discs for them.

AH Gav it is you, just checked again and noticed it was Gav240z and not just gavin. You should change your name by depoll to Gav240z just to avoid confusion in future! :P $850 would be pretty good. By the sounds of it they're in new cond so it's like getting free tyres!

Nathan, do you know if they come in 0 offset?

#37 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:06 PM

Evan. how did you go with the ROH wheels?

#38 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:25 PM

not very far, i was going to ask you if you could check if u can still get the price lol

the guy from my work hasn't been able to get a price yet so have basically been waiting for that and to busy with assignments to do much about it, i really want to order them soon so i have them asap and when i get off my p's

my plan is to go and put money down on them either thursday or friday as assignment is due on wednesday hehe

#39 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:13 AM

ah well the place I went to was on Mahonys road from memory in the Northern Suburbs. i think it was thomastown or epping. got the reciept somewhre. they normally take 5 weeks but with chrissy approaching that might blow out by a few more weeks so if your eager to get them it might pay to talk to the supplier re lead time soon.

#40 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:32 PM

well my assignment finished up today, so hopefully i get around to some places tomorrow, i'll let you know how i go.

i am wondering if i should wait until i know what i'm doing next year first, i'm hoping to do a year of work placement (IBL) at an industrial design consultancy or something similar...anyone know any industrial designers? lol. but i really dont want to put off buying rims any longer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users