Sign in to follow this  
zedevan

Performance superlites

Just kiddin Evan, thats what these forums are for but just to touch on your comments about getting a RB or SR motor for fuel efficiency! The amount of money you'll spend on getting that motor installed and engineered would be equavalent to about 2 or 3 years of petrol I reckon, I assume you use 40 to 50 bux a week in juice. Not to mention the other modifications.

My advice, seeing your prolly finding hard to scrape up a few grand seeing your at school, keep it simple until you can afford to blow 10 to 15K on what you want to do above.

Go karts are fun hey, I used to have a kart with an aprilla motor. Man that thing used to fly, feels even faster at night if you can find a track with lights.

yeah i'm aware of the fact that the amount saved in petrol (assuming i end up spending less in petrol with the new motor etc, which may not be the case depending how i drive) isn't really a reason for a conversion hehe. however i wouldnt want a conversion that ended up costing HEAPS in petrol, like a gen 3 v8 etc. the crx was nearly costing half the price in petrol each week...

So no go on the Superlites!? Damn I was hoping to see what the 16's would look like! :wink: I'm sure we'll see another member here get them soon. :wink: :wink: I'm still trying to get my brother to buy a 240. If I succeed I'll get him to put a set on as soon as the car hits the garage.

the places ended up saying it would b more than they quoted etc, so i ended up being discouraged from that point of view, and when thinking about it i wanted them as having the flares and stuff on on p's would b a fair bit of cop attention, but then by the time i got the wheels after waiting for them to b made they would only b on the car for a couple of months and then i'd want to buy the 10" for use with flares, which wont be availible by then, and all up would cost about the same as some 3 peice roh rims and hence making it pointless!

in regards to not purchasing some roh rims now due to stud pattern, mayb i'm thinking to far ahead of myself...next year i'm hoping to do a year of IBL (work placement) so will have twice as much money and actully some free time! so am trying to work out what to do with it, besides something boring and logical like saving for a house deposit...

looks like a nice find and would be great to pick up for that price even with shipping. we should get some pics of them on the guys car!

there's no point bidding against a fellow member though! goodluck gav, i hope sprinter ppl dont find the link...but you already have a set? :P you can get a set brand new without tyres for $920 in the silver colour, its just in the other colours the price gets pushed up to $980 if this changed how high you want to bid!

Good set for Nathan!

Evan, thta was Lambs reply not Gavins, the quetsion asked was by a Gavin but who knows if it is the same Gavin as on this forum!?

yeah it's me, I'm Gav240z everywhere I go on the net.

I actually bid on them thinking they were Panasports but then realised they were 16" Superlites. They are very similar in design if not the same. I think I can see a tiny difference in the design.

I'm not sure what's better Superlites or Panasports, I know Panasports are fairly expensive in comparison so who knows.

I put in my max bid already if I get outbid so be it. I just prefer the longer spokes and would like 16" rims to accommodate Z32 calipers upfront.

If I win them I'll sell my 15's so if you want those Evan I'll sell them cheap to you. :D

yeah i was assuming gav240z was gav! and thanks for the offer gav but i'm happy to hold out for some deep dished ones, the aim is to have them for the new year, along with some bigger brakes :D my master cylinder emptied itself the other day, not good!

whats the advantage of z32 brakes over the toyota ones? and how hard are they to put on? hmmm i should search :D

I think the calipers are aluminium. prolly need to manufacture brackets and run new discs for them.

AH Gav it is you, just checked again and noticed it was Gav240z and not just gavin. You should change your name by depoll to Gav240z just to avoid confusion in future! :P $850 would be pretty good. By the sounds of it they're in new cond so it's like getting free tyres!

Nathan, do you know if they come in 0 offset?

not very far, i was going to ask you if you could check if u can still get the price lol

the guy from my work hasn't been able to get a price yet so have basically been waiting for that and to busy with assignments to do much about it, i really want to order them soon so i have them asap and when i get off my p's

my plan is to go and put money down on them either thursday or friday as assignment is due on wednesday hehe

ah well the place I went to was on Mahonys road from memory in the Northern Suburbs. i think it was thomastown or epping. got the reciept somewhre. they normally take 5 weeks but with chrissy approaching that might blow out by a few more weeks so if your eager to get them it might pay to talk to the supplier re lead time soon.

well my assignment finished up today, so hopefully i get around to some places tomorrow, i'll let you know how i go.

i am wondering if i should wait until i know what i'm doing next year first, i'm hoping to do a year of work placement (IBL) at an industrial design consultancy or something similar...anyone know any industrial designers? lol. but i really dont want to put off buying rims any longer!

well this is just starting to piss me off, the prices i've been quoted today are $2200 and $2400, so mayb they get jacked up for christmas? two months ago one of the places quoted me under $1800 so they said they are going to look into whats going on, it was a verbal quote they gave me so....they also said they wouldnt be done this side of christmas most likely anyway, which is fine by me...just thats a pretty big $$$ increase over what you paid for them, the only thing i want different is black centres. at the price i've been quoted today it would b hard to decide between these or watanabes lol

are you able to give them a call or find out the name of the place you bought them from sulio? i'll be in the northern suburbs tomoz morning so would be able to drop in and put money down etc.

thanks, i'll give them a call tomorrow, hopefully it is just that these places are trying to make more money off the rims so there will be one place that will still sell them for a decent price.

Here is a pic of a Fairlady Z (yes the S31 aka L20aE originally fitted - even has electric windows and a factory rally clock) with a set of the Performance Wheels Superlites in 16x7

post-104-144023474682_thumb.jpg

No offence to anyone but these look terrible in my opinion compared to RS-8 watanabes - looks like just like a pathetic copy to me - the shape might be similar but the proportion is not correct at all :shock: each to their own I guess :D

blue leaf I don't think they are meant to be copies of watanabe wheels but rather the original magnisium minilites, I think they might have been English from memory. Anyhow I think they are a big improvement on alot of the dodgy after market 1970's 14" dealer optioned wheels you see on the Z's. I think this is a good wheel for those that want to stay with a period look and not blow mega dollars but of coarse each to their own!

blue leaf I don't think they are meant to be copies of watanabe wheels but rather the original magnisium minilites' date=' I think they might have been English from memory. Anyhow I think they are a big improvement on alot of the dodgy after market 1970's 14" dealer optioned wheels you see on the Z's. I think this is a good wheel for those that want to stay with a period look and not blow mega dollars but of coarse each to their own![/quote']

Yeah I know that they arent really a copy, I am just saying that they look like an attempt on one - although those kind of wheel look was the standard in the late 60s early 70s all over the world... but watanabe just looks sooo much better....

i guess it also depends which style of watanabes, as they dont look like the type-r's but kind of look like the rs-8's just without the bolts

i like them, but not as much as the ones i'm getting :D lol, hopefully have them and some pics soonish

just thought i should let people know you can now no longer get the really good price sulio got on his ROH rims, as the company has closed/gone bankrupt or something, due to the great prices they have...

so this leaves me trying to contact the guy, whos left a notice on the building saying for any enqires on a number, which is the number i had for him, which is turned off...the building is for lease so i have called the real estate agent, hopefully this guy owned the building, and he was doing a bit of modifications to it when i was there ordering the wheels, like putting down floor boards, which i assume u couldn't really do if u were leasing?

i called roh and have been told to call them back in a bit, but that when they couldnt get onto the guy they cancelled the order, i'm hoping they can help me out a bit possibly on another set. but basically i shouldnt have put down such a large deposit i guess, as now i need to try to chase that down :oops:

the guy a month ago told me that they would of started making them, which roh say did happen, but ? as you can imagine i am rather annoyed as i've already waited quite some time...probably should of ordered them sooner so they were ready by christmas.

thanks sulio for ur efforts of getting me the same price, hopefully it all works out lol