Performance superlites

zedevan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks to ROH i spoke to the guy i ordered the wheels through today. so things look like they are going ahead, just another 4 week wait :(

the guy has moved out of retail and into wholesale or something, but he can't explain why its been so hard for me to get onto him, or y ROH couldnt get onto him either...but then he ordered another set of wheels from them which is how they have his new number. ROH is going to let me know if there are any issues, and i'll be sure to stay in contact with them more this time lol

dom is now working for another company as wholesale or something like that, but i assume he can still trade under his old company name as its still in existance, just there is no shop front. if things go bad there then i'll have to work something out with ROH who are being helpful and have got the wheels back on the production line

i called roh today to see if dom had paid them yet, as thats why they cancelled them, and he hasn't, and i told them i was happy to call him although it doesn't make as much sense as them calling them, so they said they'd chase it up, so i assume i'll hear from them if there's an issue, although since he's ordering wheels from ROH for this wholesale company (it makes no sense to me to put another shop in this stupid process of buying wheels, although he said they mainly sell tyres to car yards, which still doesn't make complete sense to me but atleast this place has a shop front in existance lol) so i guess i'll see how things go. when i talked to dom he said he was happy for me to come and get a refund from him as he could understand my annoyance etc, but i'll see how things go

• 4 weeks later...

blue leaf, dom wants to get this order finished with before taking another one. i'm now ment to get my rims on the 14th of this month, apparently they have changed the centre caps they use on them so they have to get it machined and this is taking them a long time for some reason. i dont get how they got confused and thought i'd have the rims this week...

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if the 15x8 (8 spoke) will clear a brake setup like the ArizonaZcar.com setup ie 12.2" rotors and wilwood superlite calipers - total clearance required is 13.8" - anybody got any and want to take a measurement?

Just visited performance wheels site and on the superlite page they have a pdf that you can download - it shows that 17" are on the way also they have a new rims coming "Superlite GTR" they don't have a pic but it would be good to know what these look like maybe they are more like the RS Watanabe style? Time will tell.

off topic but what brakes are you going with? are you still peicing together the factory bits from various cars or have u decided to just get arizonaZcar brakes? if so what r u diong about a handbrake? with the exchange rate so good i'm more than tempted...

off topic but what brakes are you going with? are you still peicing together the factory bits from various cars or have u decided to just get arizonaZcar brakes? if so what r u diong about a handbrake? with the exchange rate so good i'm more than tempted...

Well they are like ArizonaZcar but they are from JSK see http://www.autobrakeworks.com/datsun.htm Juan was good to deal with. This way I could get all the heavy stuff locally. So that is what I am doing on the fronts. The rears a different - I am working on a hybrid conversion using falcon and commodore parts so it will be a dics with a drum in hat hand brake - once I get it sorted I will post a pic and what I had to do in the brakes section - as I am not in a hurry I am still waiting for the rotors to be re-drilled.

And with the A$ being stornger then the NZ$ this looks like a viable option for us here as well.

Did I hear someone say group buy??  ;)

But why - These rims a make in South Australia - just the only site I could find with pics and specs of the new Performance Wheels Superlite GTR happened to be a US site - Performance Wheels have not replied to any of my email as yet - I think I will have to get on the phone next week and see if I can get more info from them directly.

• 1 year later...