Recommended garage in Ballarat?

Hey just pulled out 260z from my dad's shed that has been sitting there for nearly 10 years and thought id get it up and running, as he says I can have it if I get it working. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a place in Ballarat (in Victoria) I can take it to so they can have a look at it and repair it?

From what I know to get it ready for at least a road worthy inspection:

A replacement diff.

Replacement front left suspension.

Fix syncros in first and second gear.

Engine looks fine but ill get them to have a look over anyway.

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

Hey there,

We have a small community of enthusiasts in Ballarat. I'm sure if you ask nicely 1 of the experts will come around take a look and help you out. It might even cost you a 6pack of their favorite beer.

So is it a 260z 2 seater or 2+2?

O really that would be good. It's a 2+2.

I e-mailed the Z-shop in Melbourne about it and they said it would be around $450 for a replacement used diff. $300 for front left suspension replacement. That's without the hourly rate which doesn't sound to bad to me. However reading a post earlier people weren't to keen on sharing their opinions on the Z-shop. Any particular reason why?

Is there a cheaper way to get these parts? I know some people that could fit these parts relatively easily if I had them.

Alright thanks. How would I contact Simon? I searched members but none seem to be the one you speak of.

That would be me. I do a bit of work on various local Datsun's, mainly 1600's but since i own a 260Z I have started branching out. You can get me on 0458 one four seven five four seven if you want to chat. I can come and have a look see at what you got.

Cheers. Simon.

Sounds like the ballarat branch just got its fifth member.  You should be able to get most things you need locally here in the Rat. 

If you need parts let me know, I have a parts car with spare diff (3.5), and a semi complete 260 2+2 front end under the house for suspension parts. 

Zero, four, three, eight, three, one, six, seven, one, one.

Dale