Datsun 240Z finally back on the road after 18 months- DAT24O

Hey All,

I have just posted some pics of my 240Z which I have just got back on the road after 18 months of respray and other bits and pieces.  Thought you might be interested to see it. ;D

Still got new suspension and front brakes to go in this Friday, but otherwise it's mostly done (for now...).

Hope to bring it along to the next drive day (whenever that may be).

Cheers,

Andrew.

post-8-14402356341_thumb.jpg

post-8-144023563416_thumb.jpg

post-8-144023563422_thumb.jpg

post-8-144023563427_thumb.jpg

Interesting story actually... 

It was originally about 2 month project but due to a problem with the undercoat reacting with the primer that was picked up by the panel beater, Rankin's Restorations, Bayswater (at the fault of the paint company's recommendations, not the panel shop) it had to be taken back to bare metal 3 times before it was fixed.  Paul at the Rankin's is still chasing them to recoup the costs and labour, but he never asked for a cent more from me.  He had never had that problem before either. Patience pays off and I finally got time to put it back together a few weeks ago.

Cheers.

post-8-144023563432_thumb.jpg

post-8-144023563438_thumb.jpg

post-8-144023563444_thumb.jpg

post-8-144023563449_thumb.jpg

I got them through MSA in the US, they are Konig Imagine 17 x 7s (you're correct).  They are the correct offset so no spacers and yeah, they look nice too I reckon.

Thanks!

(BTW Dimitri I didn't end up using the scuttle panel I got off you, if you recall.  Hope your Zed is going well mate).

Thanks very much Dale, appreciate your comment.

To be honest I decided so long ago I can't recall.  It was an original 240Z colour, the Orange colour that can appear redder in certain light.  That is all I can tell you for now, I can't recall the colour code. :-\

The pics really don't do it justice either; it's got a real depth to it in the flesh.

I'll ask Paul Rankin at the panel shop that painted it if he knows and get back to you.

Cheers.

I actually arranged them to be shipped seafreight through the freight forwarders we use at my work and charged through work.  I can't recall the cost (it was a good 12 months ago at least)  but generally if you email MSA they can offer a quote for freight I think, otherwise query it with a few forwarders with the weight and dimensions of the items. Just keep in mind there is duty and GST to pay on top of freight too.  It's a good time to buy from the US with the exchange rate up at the moment.  I've been going nuts on US ebay recently for a few bits and pieces I needed!  :o  Convenience factor too, posted to the door! ;)