58 replies to this topic

#41 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

I do apoligise. I've spent many hours recently replying to people, removing parts to take and send photos of, only to have people offer me sweet FA for the part/s regardless. I know this is a for sale thread and you have every right to enquire but you got me at a bad time. There are some gentlemen on here that are a pleasure to do business with as they understand how much effort on the sellers behalf there is to remove the part/s, package the item/s then organise freight and they offer and pay accordingly, even organise the freight themselves. Then there's other people who can't comprehend that and want to pay $2 for an engine or front bumper and have it sent halfway across the country for $5.

I'm just going to remove the diff, axles and head off this car including intake manifold and its going to get crushed, even the F54 block.

#42 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Tagline:www.facebook.com/mankiniadventures

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

I notice there is a section that has peeled of from that sticker, must be why it started rusting. lol

#43 Spanishroll

Spanishroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

calm down guys jeez

spanish if you don't like his prices dont buy them, I don't think what he's asking is unreasonable and he is right you can probably get them cheaper locally.

i'm not sure that rb30x intended to quote you a higher price he may have simply added it up wrong. maybe if you had been more polite with your reply he would have corrected his price to $500

I'm perfectly calm - I'm just telling it as it is... I too am sick of being ripped off (not by people on this forum) but for him to come back with a sarcastic comment like 20 bucks?
I'm not buying them, hence why i said no THANKS.

I'm not trying to cause an argument and I have nothing against the guy - I merely asked how much parts were, then questioned his addition.. wouldn't you do the same?

#44 Riceburner

Riceburner

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:29 PM

I'm glad there's people like Tim who manage to find the time to do this with all his other commitments. I scored sum parts and they were even sand blasted, although packing them in a jack daniels box was just plain teasing!  :'(  Thanks mate!  :P   

Spanish, i bought a parts car 4yrs ago and i still manage to get spares off it, might be the way to go if you have the space.

#45 Spanishroll

Spanishroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

I'm glad there's people like Tim who manage to find the time to do this with all his other commitments. I scored sum parts and they were even sand blasted, although packing them in a jack daniels box was just plain teasing!  :'(  Thanks mate!  :P   

Spanish, i bought a parts car 4yrs ago and i still manage to get spares off it, might be the way to go if you have the space.

i appreciate he took the time to price them all - i just think his final price was jacked up.. but enough about that

Unfortunately I don't have to room :( otherwise i would be looking for a parts car (or two)

#46 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

please don't think those prices were real. I made them sound as rediculous as possible and the total was more than the individual prices on purpose. in all seriousness, how much would you pay for a bumper to be sent to you from townsville qld 4815. its only a couple of bolts to undo, considering i've just removed the diff, CV axles, stub axles, engine head, timing cover, auto valve body etc. The bumper sounds easy. You can see it in the pics on the first page.

#47 Spanishroll

Spanishroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

o.O

Have a front apron? Can't find one ANYWHERE

#48 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

Benzed imported some 280zx front and the guy never bought it, hit him up.

#49 Spanishroll

Spanishroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

thanks man, PM'd

#50 BenZed

BenZed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Tagline:Ken & Mary suggest carbon

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:24 AM

Thanks for the referral RB30X, unfortunately Mr. Spanishroll thinks $415 is too much money for a brand new spoiler imported from Japan. Seems like paying more than five bucks for anything is too much going by the rest of this thread

#51 Spanishroll

Spanishroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

Thanks for the referral RB30X, unfortunately Mr. Spanishroll thinks $415 is too much money for a brand new spoiler imported from Japan. Seems like paying more than five bucks for anything is too much going by the rest of this thread

look mate.. i wasn't expecting to be quoted a brand new apron..

and the fact that ur making it public to the forum rather than keeping it between PM's like I did seems u just want to get in an argument.. I haven't had any problems with people on this site up until now... sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

#52 Riceburner

Riceburner

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

You probably have already had this idea but have you tried Warren at allzparts in syd?

#53 Spanishroll

Spanishroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

You probably have already had this idea but have you tried Warren at allzparts in syd?

Yea I have, phoned and left a message and sent an email.

Cheers

#54 herrods

herrods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

Spanishroll

There are some people, and things you just gotta leave alone.

99.99999% of the time, people put up prices for goods that are fair.
especially when those people sell parts for a living, or have been selling them for a fair while through the forums.

People who put up incorrect prices usually dont know what something is worth.  I believe if you will search you will find a for sale listing of me wanting $3000 for a L28 motor and gearbox.  (ridiculous I know)

Generally, on carsales, we negotiate, if we buy more than one thing we negotiate.  go to a swap meet, we negotiate.
with a small, reasonably tight knit forum, if the price it fair, you just pay the asking price.

I can't speak for RB30x (although he is prompt on the PM reply when i ask for a part), but I know a couple of people who have bought things from Otomoto, and I personally have had some non-finanical dealings with Ben and his guys, and NEVER has the price been misrepresented, or the advice and helpfulness been less than awesome.

#55 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:07 AM

At the end of the day mate, 240 or 280, you're doing up a Zed and its not going to be cheap. Some second hand stuff can remain decent quality, some stuff gets old and that is where you buy new replacement parts. If you want a cheap car to do up you're on the wrong forum.

#56 Spanishroll

Spanishroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

I'm not saying any of it was over priced.. I didn't realise asking for a price on something and saying NO THANKYOU was such a big bloody issue.. If you sell heaps of parts you would know that some people ask for prices to find out, and aren't necessarily gonna be like YEAH SURE ILL HAVE THEM ALL THANKS YEAH SHIP THEM YESTERDAY...

#57 stevo_gj

stevo_gj

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Tagline:Steve

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:55 AM

I think we should try and get back to parting out the 280zx that rb30x has, this discussion is going nowhere.

#58 stevofoxono

stevofoxono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Tagline:My quarter life crisis car Z

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:45 PM

Mate got the top chrome bar that sits above the windscreen? Last piece i need for rwc
Cheers

#59 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:41 PM

I sure did mate, unfortunently this car has now gone to meet its maker (well not actually Nissan). Sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users