Wrecking another 280ZX

RB30X

Thanks for the referral RB30X, unfortunately Mr. Spanishroll thinks $415 is too much money for a brand new spoiler imported from Japan. Seems like paying more than five bucks for anything is too much going by the rest of this thread

look mate.. i wasn't expecting to be quoted a brand new apron..

and the fact that ur making it public to the forum rather than keeping it between PM's like I did seems u just want to get in an argument.. I haven't had any problems with people on this site up until now... sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spanishroll

There are some people, and things you just gotta leave alone.

99.99999% of the time, people put up prices for goods that are fair.

especially when those people sell parts for a living, or have been selling them for a fair while through the forums.

People who put up incorrect prices usually dont know what something is worth.  I believe if you will search you will find a for sale listing of me wanting $3000 for a L28 motor and gearbox.  (ridiculous I know)

Generally, on carsales, we negotiate, if we buy more than one thing we negotiate.  go to a swap meet, we negotiate.

with a small, reasonably tight knit forum, if the price it fair, you just pay the asking price.

I can't speak for RB30x (although he is prompt on the PM reply when i ask for a part), but I know a couple of people who have bought things from Otomoto, and I personally have had some non-finanical dealings with Ben and his guys, and NEVER has the price been misrepresented, or the advice and helpfulness been less than awesome.

At the end of the day mate, 240 or 280, you're doing up a Zed and its not going to be cheap. Some second hand stuff can remain decent quality, some stuff gets old and that is where you buy new replacement parts. If you want a cheap car to do up you're on the wrong forum.

I'm not saying any of it was over priced.. I didn't realise asking for a price on something and saying NO THANKYOU was such a big bloody issue.. If you sell heaps of parts you would know that some people ask for prices to find out, and aren't necessarily gonna be like YEAH SURE ILL HAVE THEM ALL THANKS YEAH SHIP THEM YESTERDAY...