Wrecking another 280ZX

RB30X

As title says, I've picked up another 280ZX. Auto this time so no manual boxes for sale. It came with a rebuilt motor and auto as well as the ones in the car. The colour is black and so is most of the interior I think, if not dark blue. Let me know if you want anything specific. Pics will come.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now a keen eye may notice from the pics that there is a little rust in this 280zx and therefore not a lot of body parts will be salvagable. It would have made a nice Zed in its day though. Mechanical parts as well as interior are good . There is a dizzy but I'll have to put it on my 240 engine to see if its working.

PM's replied.

I love this sticker.

Picture250636685.jpg

Picture250636686.jpg

Picture250636687.jpg

Picture250636688.jpg

Like I said, 'some' rust.

Picture250636690.jpg

Picture250636692.jpg

Picture250636689.jpg

Picture250636693.jpg

Hey how did you go with the dizzy on this one?

would love to take it off your hands

I've been trying to track down a dizzy cap mate so I can sell it 'complete' if you know what I mean.

I've got two good bonnets off my last two 280zx's I wrecked.

Yes I've got heaps of spare auto stuff.

Dimitri I've looked through my alternators and if any of them are smaller than another its only by millimters in diameter.

Trust me mate you don't want any guards off this car. The drivers fender in particular was acting like an air brake on the way home on the car trailer. I do have that plastic cowl you mention though.

All 280 Z 's must have gone to FNQ

Tell me about it. I just had a look at two selling as a pair at a wreckers yesterday. One auto, one manual, both early ones (79-80). Tipical wreckers wanting too much though. One didn't have a complaince plate, instead it had a blue engineers plate, does this mean is was imported or just lost its original plate?

19032010001.jpg

I think so.... ;)

Wait, a grand for 2 complete 280zxs? Surely the engine parts alone are worth far more than that? Then you have the diffs, wheels, interior bits. Isn't that a bargain?

I'm in QLD remember so frieght is poison.

2 x L28 (1 x F54 & 1 x N42 blocks, 2 x N42 heads) = ?

2 x efi manifold and efi gear = $200

1 x auto = ? (got two already that no one wants)

1 x manual = $200

R180 = $150

R200 = $400?

Shafts = $100

Supspension = no one wants

Dash = no one wants

Interiors aren't real good = ?

Bodies a little rusty but most panels would be salvagable = ?

Bonnets = no one wants (got two good ones a home)

Wheels = no one wants (got a stack of them at home)

Not exactly getting a lot of profit here considering the amount of labour required to get these parts out. And I would know, i wrecked two manuals this time last year in much better condition than those.

Just a reminder bump about these 280zx parts, once the driveline comes out I have no need for interior pieces so they will get crushed with the body. I also have a complete L28 engine (F54 block) that I have dismantled and can sell odd and ends, parts and pieces off. Since I've got another two L28's now I need to start moving some of this stuff on to make room. Still have full 260z suspension items, control arms, bonnet, door cards etc. Just make an offer on what ever you need.

cheers