Sign in to follow this  
Zedman240®

Digital LED Voltmeter for 12V Cheap!

If you have a 240Z with just an ammeter, a display of volts would be nice to tell you how good the alternator is. You know how healthy it is by the volts. Anything under 13.8 or so and you should start having a good look at it. Also, anything above 15 volts should get you panicking! I remember a while back wanting to fit a digital voltmeter into the zed and after some searching, cheapest one I came across was from Jaycar at about $65 (in kit form). On one of my searches through epray, did a search for "LED Voltmeter" and I found some nice blue coloured LED 2 wire voltmeters for only $15. After another search, found some LCD ones for about $10 from Honkers. I bought one, installed it and took a pic at night of mine, it didn't turn out the best but it gives you a good idea. It really needs a small jiffy box and a front tinted lens to look real nice. Or even install it in a gauge and mount it. Anyway, just in case anyone was thinking of where to get one...

post-801-144023561206_thumb.jpg

At this time tried a search for that same one as I have...none listed. Sellers name is "i889900". I'll keep an eye out and as soon as I see them again, I'll post it up here...If you do a search for "LCD Voltmeter" some nice LCD ones come up. I will buy some of those when I have some funds in my Paypal account. Usually I make donations to the forum when my Paypal account has anything in it.

Do you have a pic without the light on, or a day time shot to see where its mounted and what it looks like?

cheers

If the red is not available, you can replace the LED display to a red one sourced locally. Just a matter of de-soldering the blue display and soldering on the red one.

Ahhh glad you told me Dimitri as they only have blue. (He got back to me)

So it doesn't have a blue panel then? Just lit up by the light?

If so I might have to order one and give you a yell when it comes in. I am still waiting for my push button start. Should be a couple of days now.

Cheers

These things are the same as normal LED's but grouped together in a housing. You can get red, green, amber (with some difficulty) and blue. I may have a green display, as they used to use them in old PC cases to display the cpu speed in the 90's.

If you have a 240Z with just an ammeter, a display of volts would be nice to tell you how good the alternator is. You know how healthy it is by the volts. Anything under 13.8 or so and you should start having a good look at it. Also, anything above 15 volts should get you panicking! I remember a while back wanting to fit a digital voltmeter into the zed and after some searching, cheapest one I came across was from Jaycar at about $65 (in kit form). On one of my searches through epray, did a search for "LED Voltmeter" and I found some nice blue coloured led light 2 wire voltmeters for only $15. After another search, found some LCD ones for about $10 from Honkers. I bought one, installed it and took a pic at night of mine, it didn't turn out the best but it gives you a good idea. It really needs a small jiffy box and a front tinted lens to look real nice. Or even install it in a gauge and mount it. Anyway, just in case anyone was thinking of where to get one...

hello friend I know thread is old but I am looking to get old good condition digital voltmeter.. Can you tell the right source to get the voltmeter?Waiting for reply thanks in advance:)