• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:14 PM

If you have a 240Z with just an ammeter, a display of volts would be nice to tell you how good the alternator is. You know how healthy it is by the volts. Anything under 13.8 or so and you should start having a good look at it. Also, anything above 15 volts should get you panicking! I remember a while back wanting to fit a digital voltmeter into the zed and after some searching, cheapest one I came across was from Jaycar at about $65 (in kit form). On one of my searches through epray, did a search for "LED Voltmeter" and I found some nice blue coloured LED 2 wire voltmeters for only $15. After another search, found some LCD ones for about $10 from Honkers. I bought one, installed it and took a pic at night of mine, it didn't turn out the best but it gives you a good idea. It really needs a small jiffy box and a front tinted lens to look real nice. Or even install it in a gauge and mount it. Anyway, just in case anyone was thinking of where to get one...

Attached Thumbnails

• 14087_692ad01ef51aa86ab7875272cb5840a3e422d69b.jpg

#2 Scoota G

Scoota G

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Tagline:Mark

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

Do you have a link for that Big D?

#3 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:22 PM

At this time tried a search for that same one as I have...none listed. Sellers name is "i889900". I'll keep an eye out and as soon as I see them again, I'll post it up here...If you do a search for "LCD Voltmeter" some nice LCD ones come up. I will buy some of those when I have some funds in my Paypal account. Usually I make donations to the forum when my Paypal account has anything in it.

#4 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:05 AM

Nice keep us posted Dimitri.

#5 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:55 AM

Do you have a pic without the light on, or a day time shot to see where its mounted and what it looks like?
cheers

#6 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:56 PM

Found it re-advertised..heres the linky..
http://cgi.ebay.com....e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Let me know if it doesn't work!

#7 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:37 AM

I have asked if they have one with a Red Led display. If so I will get one.

#8 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

If the red is not available, you can replace the LED display to a red one sourced locally. Just a matter of de-soldering the blue display and soldering on the red one.

#9 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

Ahhh glad you told me Dimitri as they only have blue. (He got back to me)
So it doesn't have a blue panel then? Just lit up by the light?
If so I might have to order one and give you a yell when it comes in. I am still waiting for my push button start. Should be a couple of days now.
Cheers

#10 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

These things are the same as normal LED's but grouped together in a housing. You can get red, green, amber (with some difficulty) and blue. I may have a green display, as they used to use them in old PC cases to display the cpu speed in the 90's.

#11 JeffreyHicks

JeffreyHicks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

If you have a 240Z with just an ammeter, a display of volts would be nice to tell you how good the alternator is. You know how healthy it is by the volts. Anything under 13.8 or so and you should start having a good look at it. Also, anything above 15 volts should get you panicking! I remember a while back wanting to fit a digital voltmeter into the zed and after some searching, cheapest one I came across was from Jaycar at about $65 (in kit form). On one of my searches through epray, did a search for "LED Voltmeter" and I found some nice blue coloured led light 2 wire voltmeters for only $15. After another search, found some LCD ones for about $10 from Honkers. I bought one, installed it and took a pic at night of mine, it didn't turn out the best but it gives you a good idea. It really needs a small jiffy box and a front tinted lens to look real nice. Or even install it in a gauge and mount it. Anyway, just in case anyone was thinking of where to get one...

hello friend I know thread is old but I am looking to get old good condition digital voltmeter.. Can you tell the right source to get the voltmeter?Waiting for reply thanks in advance:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users