• Tagline:Hiroshima Screama

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

Sorry, I had no problems either on my mac

#42 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,654 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:45 AM

Ok so thanks to everyone who has donated so far, it's really appreciated. I've updated you all to donating members (if you weren't already).

So yes I know, if you donate constantly, I currently have no kind of badge to put in place and I do apologise, this is something I want to resolve eventually. For now though I just want to say that I really do appreciate it.

I know our hosting plan isn't the cheapest out there, but so far it's been pretty reliable and quick. Which means less headaches.

Thanks for the on-going support everyone.

#43 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:43 AM

$19-ish  aussie dollars chipped in ...
that exchange rate really sucks  >:(

#44 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,654 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:20 PM

Wow guys, I just had a look at the donations and it seems we raised almost double.

$352 of $177 needed for this month. I guess this should cover us for next month too.

Really appreciate it and will review all the donations received and update anyone who needs to be updated to donating member status.

#45 Scoota G

Scoota G

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Tagline:Mark

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:35 PM

Ca- Ching!! I think that new widget does the trick and donating member status shows that person wants to see this site running, always. More than just a faceless internet site but real honest good folk. Top Work, i'm going to go do a donation to tip it over 200%.  ;D

#46 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

Wow guys, I just had a look at the donations and it seems we raised almost double.

$352 of $177 needed for this month. I guess this should cover us for next month too.

Really appreciate it and will review all the donations received and update anyone who needs to be updated to donating member status.

Should have done it sooner Gav!!!

#47 fufu

fufu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Tagline:NO NO NO!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

Hi Gav,

have you thought about setting up a paypal subscription service?

I've seen it on my360, myps3, mywii. Where it automatically bills members, for donations, over a duration. This option would be useful for the diehard members.

#48 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

I think the paypal subscription service cost a lot of dough. I checked it out a while ago when I started this thread but remember thinking that the cost of it is about what we need to raise for the website yearly anyways :S

#49 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,654 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:14 PM

However, if I sold , say a donk for $300,I would think $10-30  to go to the club would be ok, considering the club has the "area" for the sale to take place and its not like its coming out of my pocket but from $$$ coming in from the sale.
Keep in mind that this would be fund raising thing for the club by the club members to help run the club.

Feed back here would be good  :)

I do ask members to make a contribution toward the site if they sold an item as a result of listing it here. I have also considered creating a paid classifieds system and still might in future. Charge a flat rate of $3.00 to list parts and maybe $10 to list cars until sold etc..

On another note, since people have been contributing toward hosting and we have exceeded the target for June, I decided to extend the date to December and that way people can see how much money we need to pay for hosting until the end of the year.

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far the response has been really amazing and I really appreciate it.

#50 Z

Z

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

I personally don't agree with a surcharge on sales, at this point. We have just introduced a measure which has allowed hosting costs to potentially be covered until end of year (there may be other costs I'm not aware of). The great thing about this site is it's free and cheap (no telling I own a Datsun!), charging more could be risky?

#51 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,654 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:10 AM

I personally don't agree with a surcharge on sales, at this point. We have just introduced a measure which has allowed hosting costs to potentially be covered until end of year (there may be other costs I'm not aware of). The great thing about this site is it's free and cheap (no telling I own a Datsun!), charging more could be risky?

Thanks for the feedback, will definitely keep it in mind. There is a long way to go before I consider charging for classifieds. It's just an option at this stage, but perhaps we could have free classifieds, but charge a small fee for premium.

eg:

Free = ability to list a car for sale with say 3 images.
Premium = always at top of lists and promoted to homepage, with unlimited images.

Just some ideas.

I think it should be possible to get advertising to cover the websites costs eventually. It might mean that more advertising appears throughout the site though. So it would need to be done in a manner which doesn't impact the sites usefulness and annoy existing members. Again not something that will change for a while yet.

#52 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:49 AM

Gav, I reckon the donation system on the front page has worked fantastic. I probably rose a bit this month in part due to the Vic Club meeting we had at the Jag Club as well. A few people were keen to chip in after that. Hopefully it continues so you are not out of pocket. Cheers.

#53 FuzzyDropbear

FuzzyDropbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

Dear Credit Card, I regret to inform you that it's been too long in between donations to ausZcar, therefore you must be punished.. Some $$$ on their way to you Gav  :)

It's been 2 months since the last round of donations, time for another round? Can we kick the bar up to 75%? Time to make use of the Aussie dollar floating around 91c and contribute to Gav's 'buy me a pint' slush fund. Cause the more of us that chip in, the less he has to pay out of his own pocket and therefore, can afford more beer.  :P

Cheers.

#54 Scoota G

Scoota G

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Tagline:Mark

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:35 AM

I'll be making another donation as soon as my eBay fees are done  ;D

#55 kobes

kobes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Tagline:LIL ZED

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:04 PM

Realized it also been a few months since my last donation so have helped prop it up to the 60% Marker...

#56 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts
  • Tagline:75 260 2+2 RA60 Celica Hatch 74 260

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

I donated a small amount via Chip In to Gavin but am not listed as a donating member. Didn't I put in enough?  ???

#57 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,654 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

I donated a small amount via Chip In to Gavin but am not listed as a donating member. Didn't I put in enough?  ???

Sorry mate, since I changed the PayPal donation to use the Chip In box on the homepage it no longer notifies me via email of PayPal donations. Thanks for your contribution, I've updated your status now.

For that matter if I've missed anyone else feel free to chime in here and I'll do the same for you.

The chip in feature is good from a-this-is-how-much-we-need perspective but it makes it harder to keep track of who donated.

#58 kobes

kobes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Tagline:LIL ZED

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

if my 280z sells, even thou it was not directly from this site, will chip in 5% of the sale price when it goes and i can write sold after the listing.

#59 bullzed

bullzed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:43 PM

For that matter if I've missed anyone else feel free to chime in here and I'll do the same for you.

I chipped in $20, cheers to all the welcoming people on the forum.  :)

#60 perrin_07

perrin_07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:12 PM

when i sell my 260z (either parts or whole, ill be giving 5% to this site).

ill put $10 in my paypal acct now(since it takes 3-4 days to transfer) and put it into donation when its cleared.

Because of this site i now have a plan as to wehat im doing so its worth the money!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users