Sign in to follow this  
paulz

240,260z original door mirror

hmmmm he says its from a 260 but I think it could be from a 240...the photo isnt the best..

hmmmm he says its from a 260 but I think it could be from a 240...the photo isnt the best..

could be as the AU spec 240z mirror has the same part number as the AU spec 260z mirror ;)

I've never realised these were so rare and saught after. Sooo

Any interest in one that has a dent in the back of it?

...and no it wasn't me, it was bought like that.

I would expect last minute bidding on that mirror, even with a dent on it, polished up and mounted on the car would still look a treat 8)Lynton

Damn it, I was quietly watching this 1. I've been chasing 1 of these for ages now. I'm fairly certain its a 240z mirror.

I've never realised these were so rare and saught after.

I think its just that they are hard to find. I've not had any luck looking on ebay for 3 - 4 years. I have no idea what they are worth to be honest I guess I'll find out when the auction ends for the 1 on ebay.

hehe mine need a bit of a clean-up but being an early zed, no standard passenger mirror....I have...

1 original Drivers side mirror

1 original US Driver side mirror (absolutely bloody useless adjustment wise)

Huw

Are you mentioning this because you are willing to sell it? Or did you just want to brag? :)

Any interest in one that has a dent in the back of it?

...and no it wasn't me, it was bought like that.

I'm going to be bidding on the 1 on ebay first, however if that doesn't work out I'll definitely get in contact. I'm sure with some massage work the dent can be smoothed out and fixed.

I have one can supply a pic  , pm me for details

Sounds good to me. As I mentioned above I will wait and see how eBay goes, if that falls through then I'll PM you :).

possibly the latter...... :-X

they are a blighter to come by.

Yep they are a pain to come by. My PO thought the 200b mirrors were a nice addition to the Z. I tend to disagree myself but what do I know right? :P

If you have a change of heart, I will give it a good home though.

To be honest, if we can get the stalk replicated I think we could just use the US mirror parts and create the correct RHD replacement part.

Anyone know if the UK market Z mirror was different? Nzeder you seem to have the part numbers?

Damn it, I was quietly watching this 1. I've been chasing 1 of these for ages now. I'm fairly certain its a 240z mirror.

240Z and 260Z mirrors are the same.

240Z and 260Z mirrors are the same.

Part number also confirm this too as the same part number is used for both - however there is also replacement part number of the early number which usually implies new supplier or slight difference in design. This replacement part number is only listed in the 260z body section of the parts manual with the earlier part number shared with the 240z. To me it looks like different supplier was used as there is no year/month in the line which usually shows a design change.

I have one can supply a pic  , pm me for details

[if you still have it i will fix you up asap regards paul

i just checked the ebay mirror...it sold for $168..

The winner bid for it 9hrs before it ended...he really wanted it. Was it you Gav ??

I was a watcher but that's all I did. $168 big ones is a tad high for me. Did a forum member end up with it?