240,260z original door mirror

paulz

• Administrators

Does anyone have an original 240,260z drivers side mirror and or passenger side mirror they wish to sell thanks Paulz ps i am in Melbourne

Still looking for one myself, very hard to find for a RHD car. Best of luck if you find 1 let me know.

I was lucky enough to find one of these a little while ago. 

While I was looking I had some advice that you can alter the LHD mirror (readily available from US $145US from memory).  But it requires breaking the glass, unscrewing the mount and flipping it to the other side.

Glazier should only chg $5-10 to fit a new mirror.  This will sit out a little futher from the car than the factory one but unless you have two car beside one another you are going to be hard pressed to notice any difference.

Good luck

That original mirror should have a rubber gasket under the stem for the topside of the door and an under-side door, metal gasket plate, to grip up onto when the nut is tightend up. Lynton 8)

The mirror pictured is actually mine, you are correct Lynton the photo does not show the mounting components, but I have them.

Dale

I think you need to be prepared to pay around $150+ for an excellent RHD original door mirror ......not a reproduction.....just my 2 cents worth, if you can buy for less than that IMO you have done well depending on the condition of course. Lynton  8)

• Administrators

Zed owners everywhere would Blow Chunks if they found out where you got it from... and how much ;D

C'mon give it up. I need 1 myself, so any leads or help you can give us would be great.

• Administrators

I think you need to be prepared to pay around $150+ for an excellent RHD original door mirror ......not a reproduction.....just my 2 cents worth, if you can buy for less than that IMO you have done well depending on the condition of course. Lynton  8)

I'd consider paying $150 for a mirror not a problem. I can't even find 1 though.

• Administrators

Hmm I might have to get the original mirrors reproduced. I have 2 bullet mirrors but I changed my mind on them. They are nice but I like my zeds original.

I am sure Gavin Strongman, before he sold his silver with orange stripes concourse modified 240Z, he purchased left and right re-manufactured door mirrors from  AllZparts NSW?

The difference is that the mirror swivel and face are chrome rather than stainless steel the stem obviously is chrome same as originals. Can anyone else verify this in Vic? Lynton 8)

• Administrators

just got one off ebay USA thanks for the infor regards Paulz

The LHD mirror stalk is different to the RHD stalk. As mentioned in this thread, not sure if it makes a difference for you or not?

I think one just went on WeeWee Bay

Cheers

For RHD or LHD car? I've seen plenty for a LHD car, but never seen 1 for a RHD car.

• 1 month later...