Kato Kids BMW M3 powered 71' 240Z

KatoKid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've still got some little items to address to get this just right  but that can wait and so I've just been enjoying driving it and took it out to Yarra Valley Chrome Bumpers  last Friday.

I was approached by a photographer from Street Machine magazine who took my details saying he was keen to run a feature on the car......I was skeptical this would happen but had a call today from Motor Magazine (sister publication) who wanted to run a short online article: https://www.motormag.com.au/features/1802/datsun-240z-sleeper-has-a-bmw-m3-engine

Came out pretty well and they even used one of my own photos!

BMW-E36-M3-swap-Datsun-240z.jpg

Edited by KatoKid

• 2 weeks later...

in spite of your new mexico location, looks like you;re in melb s.e suburbs

now that you got your plate, why don't we pickup a few fellow z'ers who have mobile wheels and go for a spin around the south suburbs?

lurch reckons its butt boring, but i say we built the cars to drive them

Do you want the size of the bolts to put in your MCA strut tops so they don't contact the bonnet? I replaced mine and they are still long enough to fit a strut bar.

Do you want the size of the bolts to put in your MCA strut tops so they don't contact the bonnet? I replaced mine and they are still long enough to fit a strut bar.

All good, I just need to get around to it!

i'm not much of a hill person but looking at the map, what about

ferntree gully-> sasafras ->boronia ->back to ferntree gully

not sure how long that would take?

That's a pretty short loop, only 20 minutes if that. I know some good alternatives.

well, don;t keep us in suspense

some of us fold with stock brakes may only handle 20 mins on hills driving before the brakes smoke out

i think i drove that run in  a stock 180b a while back. nothing left by the time i got to the bottom

• 2 months later...

Makes me feel better even better about my first start effort! I was fairly shitting myself when it didn't start on first crank so I know how these guys felt.

Edited by KatoKid

Makes me feel better even better about my first start effort! I was fairly shitting myself when it didn't start on first crank so I know how these guys felt.

Yes, but I bet you weren't STUPID enough to start the engine for the first time, then run around giving hi-fives to everyone, and then blipping the throttle, all without looking at the oil pressure gauge. 

Either that scene is staged after a prior start or those chaps are idiots.

• 5 weeks later...

Did the Peter Allen vinyl irrigation hose thing 

I've got the ones from Eric and will put them on when the vinyl ones die

PS. Nice back roads Lurchos !

Edited by KatoKid