Michael's 240Z

Michael

Well Just got back from a mates place After a Long Long day Spraying my Zed in a Blue metallic basecoat + 2 pack Clear. Looks just Awesome. Will throw pics up tomorrow Phew. im so sleepy =]  So Worth it though. 2.5 weeks of Solid work on the zed Saw it paint stiped Straightend. Flairs, And now paint! :DD:DD Couldnt explain in words how pleased i am with it. Considering its a garage Job! (unexpectedly ><) Pics up tomorrow after work Hopefully =]!

Ah! almost forgot some Snaps! Got around to clearing the doorjams and stuff today, Tight but got pretty much everything you an see, Which is enough for me, Im not looking to go overboard =] Anyway heres some pics, As i said extremly happy with how it turned out Considering it was a garage job =]!

+ Looking at new bonnets, So the stand in old one, which has been hit slightly hasnt been washed lol :P

+ Flairs have not been cut yet. Waiting on wheels before i do that, When we fittet them had stand in 10 inch wide wheels with 4 of us in the back it took a fair jump from all of us before it would hit, I will wait to see how the wheels go before cutting the guards, As in my ride is so stiff if i can get away with it, I will. Just incase a future buyer might want to remove flairs,

Although i seriously doubt i will ever sell :P

post-884-144023558286_thumb.jpg

post-884-144023558292_thumb.jpg

post-884-144023558299_thumb.jpg

post-884-144023558305_thumb.jpg

Wow, very good for a back yard job.

Did you spray the car using that air compressor in the pics? Mine's died recently and looking at replacements, but there's so many 'cheap' options, belt drive, direct with pistons, direct drive like a rotary engine?????? Then there's tank sizes.

Sure did mate,  Was ment to grab a booth but deal sort of went bust, So back to the good old 130 buck compressor haha, Nah its really kind of a pain, But a decent water trap, And a Decent gun (iwata W400) Will sort that out for ya, Just need to be extra careful listening to how much pressure you had, But low pressure = Cruisy day of spraying that almost noone could stuff up =]

+ Thanks guys :D!

• Moderators

there's so many 'cheap' options, belt drive, direct with pistons, direct drive like a rotary engine?????? Then there's tank sizes.

I've been told to avoid the "direct drive" and just go for the motor with the belts on the side. Direct drive seem to fail easily and are loud. As with tanks size, get as big as you can get for the $$ you have. Is it right for spraying you need at least 25cfm and up?

Let me tell you from MUCH experience with frustration that unless you get a compressor with at least a 50lt tank and preferably a 3 cyl to allow for lots of air you will eventually regret your purchase.  You can spray a car off a cheapie but only just especially if you're trying to get a decent 2 pac job however try and run a sander or speed file on anything less than a 3 hp/ 3 cyl compressor and you're in trouble.

Rev.