Sign in to follow this  
Huw

carby issues

Well, I've been driving my neighbours nuts lately working on the carby tune, anyway, it's roughly synched and balanced (just ordered a tool to do it properly) but strangely it running rich....

strangely because....it only 1 1/2 turns out on richness screw (usually start at 2 1/2-3) but the plugs are still blackening...

however, plug 1 & 6 are slightly white (as if lean) with 2,3,4,5 all rich.

so I'm a bit perplexed...

carbs are kitted (not sure how well) and engine freshly rebuilt...

any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know where to get the hold down clips for the choke cable on the carbies?? (currently don't have clips, so hard to use choke)

Cheers

Huw

another point that i forgot....

when u plant the foot it goes smoothly up to 3.5 on the tacho, sputters and then continues on (not always happily tho)....

well im prob wrong as usual but the needles may be set wrong or you need a new air filter cause mine was doing that to but i am using a duel barrel daf carbie

pauly

Hey Huw,

if you are running SU's I have one of the SU balancing tools that your welcome to borrow.

I'm located in East Hawthorn.

cheers

Bruce

is your distributer working properly, is it loose, whats it set at.... might be a issue to look at....

also are you getting good fuel pressure, or have you checked the fuel pressure first...

make sure these are both are 100% before working on the carbs, or else they will always be out....

Pretty sure my dizzy and points are as good as points get....cause i went through them when I had firing issues a little while back....

fuel pressure is definitely something I will look at, cause when i looked in the float bowls a while back, it seemed low to me.... and we didn't replace the pump when rebuilding the engine......

I think it may either be that or a problem with the needle.....

At the moment, I'm limited to studd that doesn't cost anything tho :-)

will have some re-upholstered seats at the end of the week tho!

Huw