Toecutter

Some more cool Z videos - youtube.com

Yeah drivability will be much better, cold starts etc.. peak HP is another matter, but it is an N/A motor and I'm sure the limit is the cam and head work. Still a good result.

Agree, driveability will be the big factor. When I said I expected more, I didn't mean HP. I meant under the curve.

Me too Kato

Particularly considering the AFR’s at the lower RPM on the baseline run were pretty wild.

Just goes to show that well configured Mikuni/Solex or Weber and the right ignition curve with electronic ignition can perform well. The Mikuni's on my 72 have a good progressive feel, not quite fuel injection, but compared with the SU's are like day and night. And yet we haven't really done anything to the jetting yet, I believe the jetting is configured for a standard L28, but could probably use some tweaking for improved AFR's. Ignition curve is probably slightly aggressive given that we do get some pinging under load.

.... the right ignition curve with electronic ignition can perform well. ..//.. Ignition curve is probably slightly aggressive given that we do get some pinging under load.

Hi Gav, What electronic ignition are you using?

Hi Gav, What electronic ignition are you using?

The 280zx E12 module (think they are Hitachi made). It's got a bit of shaft wobble I think. Slightly arc's on the inductor I think. I have 1 of those Mitsubishi ones to go on it instead, but want to recurve it to suit. Not sure if we should throw a bigger cam in it though! It's pretty quick as it is, but would be good to eek a bit more out of it.

Nice video of fellow Datsun enthusiasts enjoying their cars. Very wet but beautiful part or the America’s, the north west.

some very nice looking Z cars. 

Jeff

Not exactly my cup of tea but wow what a car. You need to watch this video a few times to appreciate all of the work and some of the very cool things that have gone into building this car. Only one thing that would make it better IMO is an LCR 3.5 aka the green hornet instead of the LS V8. Bet a very nice build with incredible attention to detail

Jeff

Yea, I've actually been following this on Instagram for a while. As you say, the attention to detail is impressive. Will definitely watch. 

Rob