Some more cool Z videos - youtube.com

Toecutter

• 4 weeks later...

dam that thing is QUICK. dam it. what's in it

Here are some more of the same car

and this one with a stronger field including a Nissan R380 Le-Manns car :)

Now about the car and what is in it - I can answer that as I have Japanese magazine article on it.

First before we get to the engine lets understands other aspects of the car.

RIMS are Longchamp XR4 in 15x9 -15 offset fronts and rears are 15x9.5 -21 offset. Rapped in 215/50/15 front and 225/50/15 rears both Advan A048 (yes it has ZG overfenders installed and a large wing on the rear front spoiler is the normal single piece setup and it has light covers with chrome rings). Front brakes are the good brembo 4 pots and rear are also the good brembo 4 pots. These run with an AP adjustable valve and no booster but still a single MC. Fitted with a bolt in half cage. Running 260z (as we know them) stub axles in the rear - not sure on the diff or gearbox setup.

Ok the engine.

It runs a surge tank and 2 pumps - assume pre and post surge tank. A thick cross flow raditor. On the side of the engine are 3 x 50mm mikuni carbs running open trumpeted feed from air taken from in front of the radiator (ie 3 or 4" pipe fitted via radiator support panel). Under these sucky things is a wrapped header that is 45mm and 6-2-1 design. Still running a Dizzy but electronic and controlled by the Wako CD-1200 CDI unit. Now for the engine inside bits.

An L3.0 running 89mm bore and a 80mm stroke (ie L28 crank offset ground or smaller journal to add the extra 1mm stroke - that is an assumption on my part) running standard 44mm inlet valves and 35mm exhaust with a 78 cam (this is what I can make out of the Japanese Kanji) which is 12mm of lift I think. And what I think is an AP twin plate clutch setup (again my Japanese Kanji is no existent so this is my best guess)

So does that help?

Dam, as long as my L26 sounds like that i'll be happy. Love teh amount of drive he can get out of teh corners, i think it's a very soughted car.

Any idea on Hp figures?

Re the drive out of the corner - found the spring rates 11kg/mm and 12kg/mm (616lb/in and 672lb/in) no wonder it sits so flat that thing must hardly move.

Re the power output - no figures indicated but if other correctly build 3.0l are used as a guide it should have 250-280ps at the wheels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You've probably all seen this before, but you will want to see it again.

Sounds fantastic and looks like big money!! I hope it isn't too hard to get a 'regular' L28 to sound like this...:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Found a nice vid of some NA EFI RB20 / RB30 carbed engines being compared; a bit old but a good view for anyone thinking about this sort of setup. The first car was how I wanted my RB to go and sound like but never got that far! Worth a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-c-nYpic6A&feature=related

• 3 weeks later...