10 replies to this topic

#1 dave_hl

dave_hl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:56 PM

Im still having trouble with my Wolf 2D ecu in my 280zx. I started talking about it in the alternator topic in electrical section where toecutter helped me but am starting a new thread as it has nothing to do with the alternator.
Anyway my ECU reset itself for an unknown reason and the previous owner thought he had all the settings/fuel maps written down from the last tune but it turns out he didn't.
Through the previous owner, I then found a 260z owner running an L28 with a haltech e6x i think it is, and am trying to get his fuel maps to chuck in my Wolf so it might actaully at least start.
I havent heard back from him in a while now and am anxious to get the car on the road, so im putting a shout out to see if anyone has a fuel map or know what to chuck into the Wolf 2D control bit to make the dam thing work!
i dont know much at all about ECU's so any help with this would be awesome. The engine is a 3.1L stroker with LD28 crank, L28 block, heavy duty tomoe pistons and custom nismo head if that helps.
Thanks all.

#2 djc2004

djc2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:58 PM

you could give tony at B+M fuel systems a call 03 9429 3510. I was there yesterday talking to him and saw a Wolf dealer poster on his wall. He said he wasn't a dealer now but has experience with them, and does a lot of Z work too (working on a 260Z racecar in there at the moment) He loves a chat so it couldn't hurt to ask....

David

#3 djc2004

djc2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:58 PM

you could give tony at B+M fuel systems a call 03 9429 3510. I was there yesterday talking to him and saw a Wolf dealer poster on his wall. He said he wasn't a dealer now but has experience with them, and does a lot of Z work too (working on a 260Z racecar in there at the moment) He loves a chat so it couldn't hurt to ask....

David

#4 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:15 AM

tony at b+M knows his Zs for sure,not to sure about wolf's but will be able to point you towards the right area if he can't help you....

#5 dave_hl

dave_hl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for the replies, ive finnaly managed to make it work, but its in desperate need of a tune. I'm not sure if i should be driving it in its current tuned state to go to be properly tuned incase i did a crap job and it may damage it.
I'll give tony a ring at B&M as you guys suggested and see what he thinks. any idea how much he charges? i guess ill find out when i ring.
cheers.

#6 djc2004

djc2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:29 PM

i think he's around $100 an hour including the dyno.... but not sure. he does work for me up to an agreed maximum which works for me....

#7 dave_hl

dave_hl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 11:28 AM

Well just got off the phone to tony at B&M and he says they no longer do wolf tunes. said they stopped 18 months ago because they didn't make much money. not sure if it was tunes in general they're not doing or just wolfs. anyway now im on the hunt for another garage that will do me a tune, he said to try and find a wolf dealer as they will have all the software and that.
Any ideas/suggestions on places that'll do it?

#8 dave_hl

dave_hl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 05:18 PM

Well i have come across a guy called steve newing in mitcham at a place called EFI hardware. He is a registered Wolf dealer and thinks it will be about $200 for the tune provided it all goes smoothly and there aren't any problems.
I later went through some of the receipts from the guy who owned it 9 years ago, and he bought and had installed the Wolf 2D by the same guy at the same place which cost him $240 for the tune . So that place sounds like a good option. :lol:

#9 dave_hl

dave_hl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:44 PM

yay! joy!
i picked up my car today from the tuner, its running pretty nicely. so now thats all sorted i gotta fix my speedo he somehow broke. i tried to drive up on some ramps when i was at a mates this avo to see whats wrong but my fully sick front air dam wouldn't clear it... anyway, more things to fix like always. at least shes running for now.

#10 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,646 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:43 PM

Hey Dave, that's great news apparently Steve Newing has been in the game for quite a while when it comes to Datsun's and Zcars.

I believe his website is here: http://www.efihardware.com/

#11 dave_hl

dave_hl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:50 PM

Yeah he seemed to know what he was doing. It was actually martin who road tuned it, said it was the 4th 280 hes done work on.
Pretty cool, after i left i realised the speedo was broked (thats not the cool bit), i drove back to them and followed an extremely nice looking looking old school red mustang who was goin to EFI hardware as well. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users