Photo

The Lancefeild Collection (13 Zeds in a Paddock).

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 Mr Camouflage

Mr Camouflage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Tagline:www.wazcars.com

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:02 AM

Hmmm so now I understand where all the 240z's have gone. Between this guy, our wood chipper friend and the guy in outback Victoria with 30 zeds in a paddock we now know where they have all disappeared to.

There's a guy over here with a shed full of them too. Unfortunately its not me :(

#42 Scoota G

Scoota G

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Tagline:Mark

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:24 AM

Well i am awaiting to see what happens with the 2+2 on ebay from the collection i mean $200 com eon

It looks like he's waiting for the ones on Ebay to finish so he has a guide to what people will pay.

#43 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:29 AM

So the guy has 13 zeds rusting in a paddock and somehow he is like a god?  He should be crucified for it...  They aren't even covered..

#44 Sirpent

Sirpent

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • Tagline:John.O.

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:03 AM

So the guy has 13 zeds rusting in a paddock and somehow he is like a god?  He should be crucified for it...  They aren't even covered..

Sco

No one is treating him like a God !

As a matter of fact, and he will probably read this as he does scan this forum, Im sure that the majority of ppl here hold him in contempt for the state of his Zed's.

But then you have to appreciate that he is the owner and if he wishes to send them to hell in a basket, thats his choice, John the owner, obviously loves these cars as they make up the greatest number in his stable, and I dont doubt that for a moment, however they are what they are and as members here we are trying to save them if he decides to part with them.

Im sure every person on this forum has neglected a possesion to the point where we have later hated ourselves for letting it happen, and Im sure that he is feeling the same way about his cars.

Im not having a go at you Sco, so dont take it that way, but dont think for a moment we are all ready to crawl over broken glass to appease him either, this is a crying shame, so lets just try and make the best out of a bad situation if we can.

Cheers

John

#45 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

Not disagreeing that they are his and he can do what he likes with them, but I read too many positive comments about it just cos he owns a lot of zeds.  20x shit zeds doesn't equal one good one.  But anyways, back on topic...  Sorry for going off topic.

#46 Sirpent

Sirpent

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:30 PM

Good evening, afternoon, morning wherever, whoever or whenever you may be reading this.

If you all think this is an interesting way of starting of this update, youre right, and I open with that line for good reason as you will all soon appreciate as I write further.

First down to the state of play with John the Lansfield car's owner.

John chased me up today to discuss the remaining cars, as you all probably know his rolling shell fetched over $1300.00 on Ebay, and the 2+2 $380.00 odd, as he admitted, DRUG MONEY  for the shell to say the least and apparently purchased sight unseen, so I guess the proud owner is in for a suprise one way or another when he goes to pick it up.

Now, I have to vent before going on, and this will make the opening line to this thread make a bit more sense...........

IF YOU ARE A GUEST ON THIS FORUM AND NEED TIME TO GET A FEEL FOR IT AND THE MEMBERS HERE THEN THATS FINE, BUT AT LEAST RESPECT WHAT WE AS MEMBERS AGREE TOO WHEN DEALING WITH A SELLER SUCH AS JOHN AND TOW THE LINE !

John explained to me that he had an open day last Wednesday where some 40 ppl turned up to look at the cars.

After recieving a call on the hour every hour after my initial post, he decided to tell all the callers to come down the same day and from what I can guage they read about it here but wernt forum members !

What Im getting at here is that if you come here to troll as a guest and then undermine what the general concensus is amongst the members, then (CENSORED) off !

This is my opinion, not that of any other member nor moderator, just mine !

Become a member, and contribute both socially and financially, dont hide in the shadows gathering info.

Back to Johns discussion with me this evening...........

John will get back to me shortly regarding the remaining cars, but I wont be posting any more info about the cars nor discussions pricing etc from here on in, when I do get some info I will just post a one worder being *UPDATE* and if any MEMBER wants to know more you can PM me.

Once again, to all the bonefied members, always a pleasure to hear from you all, be it good bad or indifferent, to the "Troll Guests", not to be confused with the causal Guests considering joining, if you want to have a verbal written go at what I have written, go ahead, join and post !

Cheers

John

#47 Riceburner

Riceburner

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:58 PM

This is a forum designed to share information and help people with a common passion/goal that is there zeds :-\ Perhaps we should be welcoming these new zed owners and ask them to join, we are all on the same team trying to keep these iconic cars alive.

Or maybe we should go underground and have a secret wink and handshake...  ;D

Have to agree though, it is a bummer to do all that hard work only to get pipped at the post.

Only joking John, sometimes all you can do is laugh  :) Hopefully he's saving the best for you!

#48 Sirpent

Sirpent

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

Only joking John, sometimes all you can do is laugh  :) Hopefully he's saving the best for you!
[/quote]

Gareth,

I aint after another "Z", spending what I will be on mine is enough as it is, so dont think that for a moment, I went down there on behalf of the forum to check them out as I was the closest apart from MagerZ, and if I wanted to have them all to myself I wouldnt have posted all the info I did in the thread, if I read what you wrote the wrong way i apologise, but just wanted to clear that up.

Hey I joined 6 months ago, I spent all of 10 minutes as a guest, and I dont be-grudge anyone being a guest and taking their time to join, but it gets up my back that we all try to assist each other and when something like this comes up you have trolls taking advantage, if a guest read the posts and became a member thats cool.

After I posted the pics, I spent a long time the next few days just checking the guest/member status' at the bottom of the menu, seemed there was a load of guest interest in the thread, and obviously they were gathering info.

Its a public forum, everything is fair game, all Im saying is if you use this forum as a resource, then respect it join and appreciate that ppl put a lot of effort in running it, contributing to it, and generally assisting others.

As far as a secret society and handshake, how about calling ourselves the Rust Cutters and when shaking hands bending the pinky into the shape of a Z and titilate the palm of the recipient?

;D

John.O.

#49 Riceburner

Riceburner

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:32 PM

Certainly wasn't trying to offend. How bout 'the never ending zedders'  :D I have a feeling they'll be back. Theres so much great info/advice/help/people on here that can only make your resto easier. Any parts in particular?

#50 Riceburner

Riceburner

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

Maybe for future finds we should keeps specific details. e.g. phone numbers, locations, private for members only.

#51 hunterzed

hunterzed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Tagline:Steve

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:14 PM

Hey Sirpent. Rest asured that most of us on here understand exactly what you're doing and where you're coming from. Not to mention the huge appreciation for what you're doing. As garreth says. Perhaps if this situation comes up in the future we should leave contact details out of the equation until the info is finalised. But all of this is completely up to the vendor and in this case it is John. I just hope that the amount of interest doesn't provide false inflation on the vehicles and that they are bought for the right reasons and hopefully restored and added to the fold rather than being bought for one particular part and then ripped apart by vultures. Just my 2c for what it's worth.  ;)

#52 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,639 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:20 PM

Well I knew a lot of people were looking for Z's, but 40 odd people showing up? That's just crazy, I have a feeling at this rate you are right, the Z will be the next XB / XC Falcon and the days of finding a bargain are becoming increasingly limited.

I have to agree with Hunterzed, and say thanks for taking the time to put everything together. I guess in future you should keep contact details to yourself :).

#53 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,639 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:21 PM

Just to add though, he did have cars on Ebay and it was possible to see other Zeds in the background so anyone browsing Ebay with half a brain would have given him a call anyway or sent him an email through eBay to ask about them ;).

#54 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,639 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

Oh and John just to let you know that we have had 80 new members register within the last 30 days.

That's compared to the previous 30 days where only 38 registered. So maybe those Forum Trolls did register :).

#55 reverendzed

reverendzed

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Tagline:I'm Dave & Yes! I'm a real Revhead..er Reverend...

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:29 PM

Time to bring up the old discussion of a $10.00 paypal joining fee at that rate, any serious Zed person will happily pay $10 for what they value, thoughts/
Rev.
P.S thanks for all you did John, more people appreciate your effort than those who may have exploited it.

#56 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

John.O.  your getting emotionally attached to this guy  :P

hmmmm Its urking me that lurchos has been quiet on this one ...

#57 FLEXZED

FLEXZED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Tagline:Loui

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:51 PM

Time to bring up the old discussion of a $10.00 paypal joining fee at that rate, any serious Zed person will happily pay $10 for what they value, thoughts/
Rev.
P.S thanks for all you did John, more people appreciate your effort than those who may have exploited it.

+1

#58 hunterzed

hunterzed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Tagline:Steve

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:54 PM

Rev.

+2

#59 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

i only sign into post, i'm not sure of how many others there are who do the same...there are many forums where you have to login to view certain threads/sections, and also have a section purely for donating members, and another again for admin.

i think blocking off the whole thing to only paying members would be against the welcoming nature of the club. but as long as we DON'T have a minimum post count to be able to put items up for sale i'm happy!

good work on taking all the photos and getting details, definately interesting stuff, and a lesson on the importance of a garage or atleast a car cover!

#60 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,639 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:50 AM

John - this may be of interest to you :) (See attachment to this post)

Where (not set) = people who have not signed in, in the last 3-4 months. So a mix of forum lurkers (trolls sounds a bit nasty doesn't it?) / members who haven't signed in for that long.

auszcar_member should be fairly self explanatory :)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users