Photo

The Lancefeild Collection (13 Zeds in a Paddock).

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 Sirpent

Sirpent

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • Tagline:John.O.

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:11 AM

Bruce,

As I mentioned in a previous post, he is thinking about prices and will get back to me, I will see what I can negotiate with him.

So rather than 1000 ppl calling him, if you guys are OK with me conversing with him, I will report back what he is thinking etc as I have done so far.

I spoke to him last night and asked me to give him a few days to think it over.

Cheers

John

#22 Gareth. J.

Gareth. J.

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:44 PM

I have visited John to get parts a few years back, i had relatives in lancefield and ran into him on the main street. I talked to him recently about getting some doors.... He knows his stuff, He's a very easy going and good to deal with! Last time i saw the cars they all looked reasonable, any zed could be fixed with time, but some would require a LOT of time.  13 zeds  :o  I have zed envy! 

#23 OZ001

OZ001

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:53 PM

i hope he sells

#5 HS30-10485 2/72 Red 2 door 240Z L28 motor

Rating between 3-4

3=Salvage value Body less panels and parts
4=Restorable at a cost

my dad is getting into the zeds too hahaha he wants to build one himself

#24 MaygZ

MaygZ

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,7841.0.html
  • Tagline:We all started somewhere. Where are you Lurch???

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:13 PM

For those that can't wait, there are some photos of #5 at

http://www.viczcar.c...ic,6019.15.html

You might be able to see some of the others in a "where's wally' kind of way in some of the shots.

Should this be moved into another Thread as it may well take over the e-bay thread?

OZ001,

Here are some more photos of the red 240Z (originally Lime Yellow).  It is pretty ordinary.  I was given estimates of $12-15K to get the body right!!  Then there is interior and mechs.  The red one is the best 240Z he has (the other, but I thought the pick of the bunch was a blue 260Z 2 seater?

#25 Sirpent

Sirpent

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:15 PM

So, I presume you all found the info helpful?

You ungrateful lot !..............

A "Thankyou John Mr Sirpent Sir" would have been nice............LMAO

#26 MaygZ

MaygZ

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:43 PM

Thank you John.  You're absolutely correct.  You have done some excellent work here and provided some excellent information.  I suspect people are still recovering from shock regarding the sheer number of Zeds in one place all calling out for love and attention.  I'm sure once people recover, gratitude will flow in abundance.

Of course if everyone buys all his Zeds and parts, my part supply will dry up!!

#27 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

NO!!!!
they are all to far away  ;D ;D :P

nice work i am sure you vic boys will find benefit in this..  Im going off to sulk now

#28 Sirpent

Sirpent

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:53 PM

Thank you John.  You're absolutely correct.  You have done some excellent work here and provided some excellent information.  I suspect people are still recovering from shock regarding the sheer number of Zeds in one place all calling out for love and attention.  I'm sure once people recover, gratitude will flow in abundance.

Of course if everyone buys all his Zeds and parts, my part supply will dry up!!

Appreciated,

But credit to you also for bringing this guy to our attention to start with.

To be honest, I can understand John must have a love for all his cars, as we all do for ours, but in fairness he would be better off keeping what he wants and giving the remainder to good homes that will bring them back from the brink.

It would be a shame for them to go to hell in a basket, as he said to me, he would be 450 years old before he could ever restore them all while there are enthuisiasts here that would lovingly nurse them back to the fold.

Lets hope he comes back to me with some reasonable prices.

Cheers

John

#29 Sirpent

Sirpent

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:55 PM

NO!!!!
they are all to far away  ;D ;D :P

nice work i am sure you vic boys will find benefit in this..  Im going off to sulk now

Dont worry Mick

We will share the love with you Tasmanians who learnt how to swim also, Im sure.

LOL...........John

#30 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:33 PM

ohhh cheeky lol :o

#31 WogsRus

WogsRus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:33 PM

Well i am awaiting to see what happens with the 2+2 on ebay from the collection i mean $200 com eon

#32 MaygZ

MaygZ

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

To be honest, I can understand John must have a love for all his cars, as we all do for ours, but in fairness he would be better off keeping what he wants and giving the remainder to good homes that will bring them back from the brink.

It would be a shame for them to go to hell in a basket, as he said to me, he would be 450 years old before he could ever restore them all while there are enthuisiasts here that would lovingly nurse them back to the fold.

Lets hope he comes back to me with some reasonable prices.

He does love his cars.  he, like us, has a very romantic feeling for his Zeds.

He is a self confessed 'gunna'.  He's no worst than me, just been doing it longer and he's lucky enough that he doesn't have a 'hand-brake' holding him back!!

I really think that when it comes to the value of something, he has his feet on the ground.  However, when I was looking at the red 240, I sensed he was torn between what he would like to get for it and what he thought it was really worth in it's current condition.  It was difficult for him to put a price on it (in fact he never did!).  He will need some time to make these descisions, so be patient and gentle with him, but you will need to remind him occasionally.  He wont work at the pace that we all want him to.  After all he took 30 years to gather these babies, you can't expect him to put a price on their heads easily.

#33 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:06 PM

Fantastic work, I think.  Will be interesting when he works out his pricing, just maybe I might be able to get the finances and the potential purchase aligned at the same time instead of one or the other!

Incidentally, is vehicle number 12 the one under the land rover discovery roof in the background of #5, and seen from the other side covered in bumper bars behind #7?  I'm guessing it would be, since thats pretty inaccessible!

#34 S30Mike

S30Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:49 AM

Can you post up photos and info on the 300zx there at all?

#35 Sirpent

Sirpent

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:05 AM

Sorry Mike

I didnt take any pics or take down any details of them.

Cheers

John

#36 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:47 AM

Just catching up on posts. Jeez what a find. John, great idea to post all that info up. Now all I need to do is win the lotto tonight and I'll go down and collect the lot...I'm sure alot of people are following this thread keenly!

Sulio

#37 Brabham

Brabham

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:10 PM

My kingdom for one of those vented bonnets... ;D  and the early 240...

#38 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,399 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:41 AM

Hmmm so now I understand where all the 240z's have gone. Between this guy, our wood chipper friend and the guy in outback Victoria with 30 zeds in a paddock we now know where they have all disappeared to.

It's a shame to see them in such a sad state. Hopefully common sense will prevail and he'll see the opportunity to clean up his backyard, make some cash and put that money toward getting 1 or 2 of the Z's he wants to keep on the road again, maybe even that wild turbo 1 hiding under the tarp.

If they sit there any longer, I think they will actually decrease in value due to the fact that they will deteriorate that much further. Although perhaps some people are desperate enough for a Z they will fork out a good 5k for a rust bucket that looks like swiss cheese in the next couple of years (I hope not for our sake).

@Sirpent - In a way I hope you are right in likening the 240z / 260z to the old XB / XC Falcons, but on the other hand I hope you're wrong for purely selfish reasons I do hope to buy another 240z some day.

#39 Sirpent

Sirpent

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:49 AM

Dont think I am Gav, I have 2 freinds who have become excited about my car and are now looking at getting into Zed's, so as the buyer market increases, and supply deminishes, you know what will happen.

And the Zed's are no passing fad for the simple fact that they are a good looking performaning period coupe from the 70's jus like any of the Aussie Torana's Ford coupes or Charges this country produced.

I will be pushing for Shannons to insure mine for $75K when Im finished, you may all laugh but Im serious.

Cheers

John

#40 Zedback

Zedback

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Tagline:Mike

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:10 AM

Thanks for going to the effort John.  I don't know that Z's are ever going to follow say the Jag e-type price curve, I've always thought they were too much the ordinary mans sports car.
I do hope he decides to let these cars go in time for them to be saved.  Looking in particular at the red one that maygz took pics of, it has rust showing in all the odd spots my '71 has, the majority of which requires custom sheet metal work to replace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users