#21 garvice

garvice

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9260.0.html

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:01 AM

If your looking for a good street tire steve, I still standby my bridgestone potenza adrenalines. Awesome set of tires, even in the wet (which is what I wanted after having a crap set of falcons)
http://www.bridgesto.../Adrenalin.aspx
I believe I paid ~250 for 235 45 17 and about the same for 195 59 15

#22 Glen

Glen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:36 AM

So I've pretty much always gone with whatever was cheapest at beaurepaires. I'm getting some new wheels over christmas (17x7.5 Rota RBs) and I'd like to put some reasonably good tyres on them. Can anyone recommend a 205x45 tyre thats around the 200 dollar mark per corner?

Have to say im fairly happy with my ZE912's so far. Under $200 per corner. I went off the advice of someone that has been there and done alot of different tyres.

http://www.falken.co...nger-ZE912.html

#23 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:15 PM

So I've pretty much always gone with whatever was cheapest at beaurepaires. I'm getting some new wheels over christmas (17x7.5 Rota RBs) and I'd like to put some reasonably good tyres on them. Can anyone recommend a 205x45 tyre thats around the 200 dollar mark per corner?

As said earlier, Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalins are my choice for road tyres.  Just looked up what I paid for the last two sets, and in 205/50-16 I paid about $215 per tyre with GST, and for 215/45-17 I paid $225 per tyre (again, including GST).  I would class these as a bit better than 'reasonably good' tyres, by the way, they'd be up near the top.

#24 stevo_gj

stevo_gj

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Tagline:Steve

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:51 AM

Thanks guys, I'll get quotes for both those styles.

#25 nat0_240_chevZ

nat0_240_chevZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:43 AM

yep i have 235-40-18's on a volk gtc racing wheel,

very light, half the weight of stock mags, big difference in accelleration but more niticeable up hills and breaking traction ie how quick it hit the revlimiter, like a lightened flywheel but bigger & worse,

one of the best upgrades i can recommend asits not just accelerating the dead weight/mass its the rotational inertia which is twice the problem, the dead weight of a wheels is not too bad but when you have to spin it up quick or stop it quick, makes the most amount of difference, ie doing ring work and getting wheels up to speed quickly for good response or lack of when i think about it......lol
nat0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users