Photo

Bathurst Easter 2010, races and a six hour regularity relay, anyone interested i

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#41 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Tagline:Past member

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

Galderdi, just make sure that HUUUGE Shovel nose spoiler is well bolted on, at 200 kmh plus! down Conrod, you dont want it to come off, and with that shape, you will get plenty heapd downforce on the front end too.
Well done!
Lets hope team member Dave Healey gets his  ITB 260 Coupe fixed after a slight "off" on the way home from Warwick Sprints last weekend!!!

Thanks, Yes I will add some additional bolts. It was ok as it is at 200Km round Lakeside, but a couple of extra bolts won't hurt.

#42 Lgee

Lgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

are you sure thats spoiler is not sposed to be on the boot.

#43 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:44 AM

Nah, the proper rear spoiler for a Z, well 2 seater anyway, is a Group C RX7 Birdbath.

Jason and I may have to have a chat with Greg about getting a couple popped out from the mould Jason has and then a little bit of playing with expander foam to get it fitting better on the hip line of the Z.

Makes a huge difference to the car, knocks a few km/h off the top end, but Turn 1 at EC was taken flat with no backing off, and the amount of crap sucked up off the track onto the rear of the car was incredible.

It's a pity I don't have photos of the car with the bird bath on, but it looks pretty good 8)

#44 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:49 AM

are you sure thats spoiler is not sposed to be on the boot.

I have no idea what you mean???  There is no way that spoiler would fit the boot. It is a customer modification of a BRE front spoiler with an extended front lip. I modified it myself so I can't imagine how it could be used on the boot. I do have a mini whale tail if anyone wants to buy it?

#45 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,029 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:04 PM

Back on track/topic
Update on the Easter Bathurst event, sorry to say but Porsche Cars Australia have taken over the naming rights and are fronting with close to 200 Porkers for the what was supposed to be 6 hour relay for all, that has now become for the rest of us, a bit of a cruise around on the Monday arvo from 1.30 pm till 4.30 pm, and same for Tuesday arvo, and we have paid top dollar for this, it was promoted as a 6hour relay event with teams of all sorts, on the Tuesday  and we had all day Monday for practice and set up.
As well, the events scheduled for three days of Friday/Saturday and Sunday have now been cut short till 12 noon on Sunday cos the Porkers all want to have a bit of extra practice so they can show their supremacy to all, so that means those that paid the big bucks for THREE days will be cut short,
Will you get a refund? fat chance, cos it is very costly to run events for fancy cars, like them.

If you were entering the Fri/Sat and Sun, try asking the question "Why arn't I getting the three days you promoted in the supp regs?"
Wait till you get the answer to that, I did, and if i persue it, I am liable to be kicked out!

If you are entering the Monday/Tuesday, ask the question, " will I get what I was promised in the supp regs, and if it is changed, will I be refunded?"

"Trade practices" got quoted to them and they have gotten a bit upset with some entrants in NSW asking similar questions.

#46 ZED660

ZED660

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:47 PM

It's a shame to see that the 6 hour relay has been changed, it seems as though it's possibly a combination of CAMS intervening and Charles having to include the Porsches to offset the cost of the meeting.  Unfortunately, despite their best intentions, I think FOSC may suffer as a result as it will leave a lot of people feeling they aren't getting what they paid for and wary of entering next year.

As for the Fri/Sat/Sun, for which I am entered, from what I can see when compared to last year in Regularity I am still doing the same amount of races, 4 plus qualifying. Last year I had a 6 and 7 lap event on Sat and 2 x 3 lap on Sunday (19 laps).  I was lapping around 3 mins or just under, so this year all being well, I believe I should get more laps, with 1 x 20min and 2 x 25min events on Sat and 1 x 30min on Sunday.  This is all on the proviso that it doesn't rain and there aren't a lot of stoppages due to some drivers getting too carried away and binning it.  Time will tell!!

#47 Lgee

Lgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

Nup im out, i want what i paid for in the supp reggs not some half arsed, patch up job, i will goto Phillip Island instead in August always get a good time there.

#48 ZED660

ZED660

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

I can't say I blame you. If I had entered the 6 hour Reg relay I probably would have done the same!

#49 Whittie

Whittie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:22 AM

Well this is on this weekend fellas!

So, who is racing and who is coming to watch?

I did this in 2008 in my Datto and missed last year so am very much looking forward to going to bathurst again!

This is a great event to watch for anyone who is even midly interested, hopefully the weather holds out though, dipper in the wet sliding towards the then green VB wall was not so much fun...

My name is Tom by the way, My dad, John, and I will be competing in my silver 260z coming over from WA for anyone that is wandering around and wants to say hi, would be great to meet some new people. We are double entered in the weekend and sharing a drive in the 6-hour follow-the-leader....

All things considered the car is up for about 1000k's around bathurst plus the drive up and back from Sydney. The car has recieved new exhaust (extra 10Hp, 30Nm torque at wheels) and 3.9diff instead of the 3.5 in '08 so I'm pegging at mid 2:50's since we did 3:02s all weekend in '08. Also wanna crack 245kph down the hill  :o

Can't wait for a great weekend!

#50 Graeme

Graeme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:16 AM

I'll be waving flags (hopefully at various spots) and should be able to get some good video footage also.
Looks like there will be plenty of datsuns

#51 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:21 AM

Sounds to me like the age old story. Some half baked person organising it ran out of money and let the big boys take over. The big boy's let all the Porsches in and pay their money for max track time. While the plebes get less track time but stuck paying similar money. Of course the organisers still want the non Porsche entrants to come along so they can get your money. But that's all they want from you hence the restricted or lesser track time. Bottom line the Porsche boys get their event partly subsidised by the people who have less.! Why am I not surprised they won't offer a refund even though they have changed the event. Ahhh motor sport you got to love it.

#52 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:15 AM

I'm waving flags Fri, Sat and Sun morning, then competing in the regularity on Sun arvo, Mon and Tues. Pale green Datsun 1600, car number 41, in the Qld Z Car Club "Red" team. I finished the engine rebuild last Friday, got it running for the first time on Sunday. Ran out of time to fit and tune the new, bigger SU carbs so I'm still running the L18 with the factory "Hitachi" SU carbs. My biggest worry for the event is my lack of straight line speed compared to the many others in the field, will need to make sure my mirrors are in perfect working order  ;D

I'll reserve judgement on the event till I've seen how it goes. Although its disappointing that its not a real "Team Regularity" event, I still get 80 minutes track time, plus practice time, plus "Masters" familiarity sessions. If it were still the 6 hour relay format, in our team of 5 mambers I would have had 80 minutes track time, plus practice time, plus "Masters" familiarity sessions.

$700 for maybe 2 hours around Bathurst sounds OK to me.

#53 Whittie

Whittie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:17 PM

I'll be waving flags (hopefully at various spots) and should be able to get some good video footage also.
Looks like there will be plenty of datsuns

I just bought another battery for the camera so should be able to hot swap them and make sure the in-car footage is going the entire weekend. Good vids will make youtube for sure. Hopefully can catch some tussle's with other zeds. Just gotta make sure everyone knows the story "We weren't racing, we were regularly lapping at the same speed as each other"  ;D

Anyone who needs motivation to enter their zed for next year check out my '08 incar zed and '09 incar Supra footage at http://www.youtube.com/user/whittie260

Tom.

#54 NEW240

NEW240

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:06 PM

Hi Tom.
Met you at Oran park last year (Silver Z no 551) we are sharing the same garage, look forward to catching up with you and your dad. Should be a great weekend.
Cheers Vince.

#55 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

$700 for maybe 2 hours around Bathurst sounds OK to me.

I think 2 hours is a bit optomistic. I will be happy if I get anywhere near 1 hour.

Here is the latest pick of my car ready for the event (minus the comp numbers). I now have the Subi LSD in the car. My top end speed is not the best either, lucky I have all three mirrors working.....just hope a wall doesn't jump out and remove them for me. :)

Attached Thumbnails

• 14614_c051cfb127d38b5aad24fdb0a6aa94094d990dd8.jpg
  • 14612_07c435366db14cde3dccec37e1e758175947e0a6.jpg

#56 Whittie

Whittie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:26 AM

Looks good mate!

Looking forward to this more than a little.

Although they say the events are 30min each, you have to allow the warm-up and cool-down times, probably 10mins or so, maybe more. Should still get some good laps in with any luck

#57 Lgee

Lgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

PACKED UP ,JACKED UP WE LEAVE IN THE MORNING AT 5, SEE YOU UP THERE

#58 jackhelm93

jackhelm93

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:17 AM

Guys i have been up there and i think i talked to a couple of you. I didnt realise that was your car galderdi i might just pop up tomorow and have a bit more of a look around. Whos still racing?

#59 PeterAllen

PeterAllen

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Tagline:Manana!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:49 PM

Results:

Regularity Festival
http://www.natsoft.c...06/04/2010.BATH

The Way It Was
http://www.natsoft.c...04/04/2010.BATH

#60 Whittie

Whittie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:38 AM

I'm only on 3G internet here till I get home so it's too hard (and expensive) to get youtube videos going but I did get this good one of Vince and Myself taking the silver bullets bush bashing.

More coming once I'm back in Perth, probably over the weekend.

This was a wholly fantastic weekend and it was great to chat to a few new zed faces. If anyone is considering doing this then I say just bite the bullet and enter! The organisers are accepting ANYTHING that moves and they seem to like the zeds, given the success rate of getting a start in one, so if you put an entry form in it's fairly likely that you will get a spot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users