Photo

Bathurst Easter 2010, races and a six hour regularity relay, anyone interested i

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:14 PM

Hiya matt (pzg) 18's fit just nice on the Sports 2000, kinda hard to justify tyres unless I can get soem handmedowns, thy'll be on for just one meet!!
House plans are sounding good, shame we wont be seeing the Green Meanie fangin' 'roun the Mount next easter.

Just got back from upsetting the locals at eastern creek, they kinda don't like my GroupT Historic Prod Sports passing their Group S Prod Sports cars!!!
Satday was 44 deg cels OOHHHH So Hot

1600Dave, your on the way, well done for taking a positive step, now who here is next to step up, Just contact Peter Hetherington via Zcar Club Qld, we will try to fit you in, And 'sides, it is just about the best racetrack in the world, and YOU can get to drive it quicker than the Police patrolled 60 kmh limit, and use BOTH sides of the roadway.
My blue 280Z with 4.1 diff and 610mm tyres was doing 7400 at 235 kmh approx down Conrod, and it was shaking like a fresh rasberry jelly, front end lift, and stock brakes too, when Jack Elsegood in his GTHO XY Falcoon belted past me, at like 270kmh. Scary shizz, but a heck of a lot of fun 
( Not trying to scare you off guys, but I was in the full races sections, not the nice gentle relaxing easy regularity, where YOU ARE NOY SUPPOSE TO RACE  Ahem Ahem)

#22 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Tagline:Past member

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:22 PM

My payment and form are in. Yaa hoo! I can't really afford it but......It's Bathurst!!!!! Come on.

Go Red team

#23 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:19 PM

Likewise - send my form and money off today  :)

I take the view that its one of the very few chances I'll get to drive Bathurst. I was there last weekend with the Sydney Datsun Club, just driving round the track at 60k, can't imagine what it will be like at speed (well, in my case, at a slightly less rate of slowness  ;D ).

It will probably be the only event I do next year, till the wallet recovers, but I reckon for the money, this single event will be far more interesting and exciting than doing a whole year's worth of track days at the usual old Wakefield Park.

#24 Lgee

Lgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:17 PM

i am in the wildcard entry list where those that dont have a team will get put togeather.i have competed in 4 Phillip Island 6 hour relays, plus loads of track days.
i am now looking in the process of collecting brake parts to upgrade the stopping of the beast, a gt2871r has been ordered to go on the forged engine that has been built, gotta fix some driveshafts and finish the rollcage, i know this forum is for zeds but i will share my shots of my Nissan Bluebird with you all,
cant seem to load photbucket so i will put them up later

#25 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:19 PM

Hiya matt (pzg) 18's fit just nice on the Sports 2000, kinda hard to justify tyres unless I can get soem handmedowns, thy'll be on for just one meet!!
House plans are sounding good, shame we wont be seeing the Green Meanie fangin' 'roun the Mount next easter.

Just got back from upsetting the locals at eastern creek, they kinda don't like my GroupT Historic Prod Sports passing their Group S Prod Sports cars!!!
Satday was 44 deg cels OOHHHH So Hot

I might be able to find some tyres for you. One source is the Porche boys' fronts. I'll have a look see at what's about these days at a good price. Anoher option would be some semi's, especially if you can find some Yoki A050's, from what I've been told they are only a second or so off full slicks and last a lot longer.

#26 Lgee

Lgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:16 PM

ok photobucket is back up, cage is on the way in and test fit the seat

Posted Image Posted Image

Here it is in race mode at Phillip Island from last years 6 hour some of you might know it.

Posted Image 

#27 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:00 PM

i am in the wildcard entry list where those that dont have a team will get put togeather.i have competed in 4 Phillip Island 6 hour relays, plus loads of track days.
i am now looking in the process of collecting brake parts to upgrade the stopping of the beast, a gt2871r has been ordered to go on the forged engine that has been built, gotta fix some driveshafts and finish the rollcage, i know this forum is for zeds but i will share my shots of my Nissan Bluebird with you all,
cant seem to load photbucket so i will put them up later

LGEE if you would like to be a part of a team get in contact with Peter Hetherington Via Z car club Qld, It dont have to be a Z, but rather than being stuck with just anybody, at least you can join in with fellow Datsun guys.
Your Bluey will be fine, and if both teams are full ( ie six cars each) then the entry fee for the team is $3630, ie 3630 divided by 6 + $605, better than cost for wildcard entry. Get onto FOSC if yoy decide to do this and advise them, They will do you a part refund.

While we are at it, ANYONE ELSE Want to be a part of ZCCQ Team Red or Team Blue??
Get in touch with P Hetherington NOW, do this via the link in contacts on the zccq website ( google it you lazy buggers!!!)

#28 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:08 PM

I might be able to find some tyres for you. One source is the Porche boys' fronts. I'll have a look see at what's about these days at a good price. Anoher option would be some semi's, especially if you can find some Yoki A050's, from what I've been told they are only a second or so off full slicks and last a lot longer.

Matty Hold the phones unless the 16" rubber is gonna be a "giveaway"  then I'll have 'em for testing etc.
The Group S association had "words" to me at Eastern Ck re my "incorrect" tyres, so for Phillip Island and Bathurst I am going to fit some 205/60x15 Bridgey RE55s softs on my 8x15 rims, and hunt around for a 4.4 H190 diff centre rather than rev the titsd off it with the 4.6.
It says I can in my homolgation docs, Let us know what you can rustle up re the 16's but!!
Pick you up Sunday for Steves thing, then HRCC are doing a thing at the regatta, I was gonna drop in there.

Oh BTW I picked up some "well Wicked" 15 x 10 Performance Superlights in Neg 26 mm offset, At least the Sports 2000 has wide enuf flares to cover em.
Dunno if I wanna keeo em but. They would look spastic on a ZG flared 240/260
Getting rubber is a drama. Might whack up a for sale post for em soonish??

#29 Lgee

Lgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:39 AM

i have 225/50/16 dunlop formula R second hand at various prices usually starting from $75 upto $100 for good ones with good tread. I am in Melbourne so if your coming down for the island i can hook you up when you get here, i have the facility to fit, www.wheeltechwheels.com.au is our website.
Cheers Lgee
I will look up that bloke from QLD as well.

#30 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:16 AM

i have 225/50/16 dunlop formula R second hand at various prices usually starting from $75 upto $100 for good ones with good tread.

Jason stuffed up...The wheels he borrowed off me for the Sports 2000 are my spare set of 18x8 two piece OZ Wheels from my 240, so we are on the look out for some freebie 18" slicks from anywhere, most likely the Porsche guys as their fronts are the perfect size for the rims, generally I run a 225 to 245 wide 620 to 640 tall 18" tyre with my rims and a 4.1 diff.

Jason, I know the Superlites won't fit under my guards, the 8's just fit under as it is, plus the back space is very marginal for my dropped spring seats.

Let me know what time your heading through, may need to be a little earlier so I can do a compression test on the Z to see what work is needed over Christmas. After the way it ran at Noosa I'm hoping the fuming was caused by sitting for too long and the run has settled everything down. I will just get the block breather fitted from one of the other engines and run the tubing to the catch tank. I would like to get away with another year before a rebuild with buying the house.

#31 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

Guys an update, one of the Team members has had to pull out, "SHOCK", so Z car Club Qld has one, possibly two vacancies, you dont have to be from Qld, and you dont have to have a Z, but you do have to have the desire to drive Mt Panorama, and it will cost!!
Check the ZCCQ site, contact Pete Hetherington, and tell him you want in.
The two teams have been accepted, but are down a driver, so it should be a gaurunteed start.

#32 Lgee

Lgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:58 PM

I ended up with my mate (lucky) and 3 guys from sydney that have corvette's, so the work is on engine just been finished building, brake upgrade's, the car is at the workshop now just waiting for the hoist to be free we have 18 but i have to wait for the "project" hoist to be free, then its on like donkey kong

#33 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:46 AM

Guys, only a few weeks to go, If anyone is thinking about just going up for a look, and if you are able to assist, the event organisers are looking/DESPERATE for volunteer flag marshals, you will be suitably trained, fed and watered, and you get FREE admission and FREE camping ( PLEASE confirm this with organisers)
Best of all you get placed oh just like a eter or three away from the ACTION around the track.

Register NOW with FOSC , please tell them you are a car club enthusiast and you want to help.
They will really look after you as a thank you for helping them.

www.fosc.com.au
tell em jason Lea in the Datsun Sports 2000 told you all about it!

#34 Lgee

Lgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:49 PM

Not only do you get to be mere metre's away from the track you get to see it for free, close up and in your face, there is always food and drink a plenty also free during the race, plus you get to help out fellow racers like dat2kman and myself, i am a cams official myself i do Scrutineering, flag marshall, dummy grid, photography and timing, even when im not competing i get out there and help others to have fun, be nice to think that all the years i have put in helping people go racing will be rewarded back to me and dat2kman, help if you can. Cheers Laurence

#35 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:10 PM

I'm flagging for the first three days, then competing in the regularity for the last two days. Worth it just for the free camping, plus should be nice and close to the action.

Here's how mine sits at the moment - the head is in the purple container,  the rest of it is spread across the garage floor, and the block is in the boot of the family car ready for a trip to the machinist next week. Should just about have enough time to get it back together before Easter  :-\ ???

Posted Image

#36 Lgee

Lgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:54 AM

mine is not in much better state, im also putting coilovers in,and a big brake upgrade, so its well and truly apart

Posted Image

#37 zedhead26

zedhead26

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:48 PM

does this happen each year? im a bit late for 2010 but ide love to jump in on it 2011. u guys better take shit loads of pictures.. zeds on bathurst is alot like watching girls on girls for me. ;D

#38 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Tagline:Past member

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:25 PM

It is planned for each year but there is always the risk it might be cancelled like Wheels on Wide Bay.

Here are the latest pics of my car. It now has the new spoiler on the front. Still some more prep to come for Bathurst.

Attached Thumbnails

• 14159_f3240b4465e4a8a450ed0e28e2c450f009f86f42.jpg
  • 14157_5bfb384148dcf9c43e644a389b9386346b592eb1.jpg
  • 14155_c9451cd9ff16a3808169a2dabe24f44945aca71d.jpg

#39 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:45 AM

Galderdi, just make sure that HUUUGE Shovel nose spoiler is well bolted on, at 200 kmh plus! down Conrod, you dont want it to come off, and with that shape, you will get plenty heapd downforce on the front end too.
Well done!
Lets hope team member Dave Healey gets his  ITB 260 Coupe fixed after a slight "off" on the way home from Warwick Sprints last weekend!!!

#40 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

Looking great Greg!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users