Bathurst Easter 2010, races and a six hour regularity relay, anyone interested i

dat2kman

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am in the wildcard entry list where those that dont have a team will get put togeather.i have competed in 4 Phillip Island 6 hour relays, plus loads of track days.

i am now looking in the process of collecting brake parts to upgrade the stopping of the beast, a gt2871r has been ordered to go on the forged engine that has been built, gotta fix some driveshafts and finish the rollcage, i know this forum is for zeds but i will share my shots of my Nissan Bluebird with you all,

cant seem to load photbucket so i will put them up later

LGEE if you would like to be a part of a team get in contact with Peter Hetherington Via Z car club Qld, It dont have to be a Z, but rather than being stuck with just anybody, at least you can join in with fellow Datsun guys.

Your Bluey will be fine, and if both teams are full ( ie six cars each) then the entry fee for the team is $3630, ie 3630 divided by 6 + $605, better than cost for wildcard entry. Get onto FOSC if yoy decide to do this and advise them, They will do you a part refund.

While we are at it, ANYONE ELSE Want to be a part of ZCCQ Team Red or Team Blue??

Get in touch with P Hetherington NOW, do this via the link in contacts on the zccq website ( google it you lazy buggers!!!)

I might be able to find some tyres for you. One source is the Porche boys' fronts. I'll have a look see at what's about these days at a good price. Anoher option would be some semi's, especially if you can find some Yoki A050's, from what I've been told they are only a second or so off full slicks and last a lot longer.

Matty Hold the phones unless the 16" rubber is gonna be a "giveaway"  then I'll have 'em for testing etc.

The Group S association had "words" to me at Eastern Ck re my "incorrect" tyres, so for Phillip Island and Bathurst I am going to fit some 205/60x15 Bridgey RE55s softs on my 8x15 rims, and hunt around for a 4.4 H190 diff centre rather than rev the titsd off it with the 4.6.

It says I can in my homolgation docs, Let us know what you can rustle up re the 16's but!!

Pick you up Sunday for Steves thing, then HRCC are doing a thing at the regatta, I was gonna drop in there.

Oh BTW I picked up some "well Wicked" 15 x 10 Performance Superlights in Neg 26 mm offset, At least the Sports 2000 has wide enuf flares to cover em.

Dunno if I wanna keeo em but. They would look spastic on a ZG flared 240/260

Getting rubber is a drama. Might whack up a for sale post for em soonish??

i have 225/50/16 dunlop formula R second hand at various prices usually starting from $75 upto $100 for good ones with good tread. I am in Melbourne so if your coming down for the island i can hook you up when you get here, i have the facility to fit, www.wheeltechwheels.com.au is our website.

Cheers Lgee

I will look up that bloke from QLD as well.

i have 225/50/16 dunlop formula R second hand at various prices usually starting from $75 upto $100 for good ones with good tread.

Jason stuffed up...The wheels he borrowed off me for the Sports 2000 are my spare set of 18x8 two piece OZ Wheels from my 240, so we are on the look out for some freebie 18" slicks from anywhere, most likely the Porsche guys as their fronts are the perfect size for the rims, generally I run a 225 to 245 wide 620 to 640 tall 18" tyre with my rims and a 4.1 diff.

Jason, I know the Superlites won't fit under my guards, the 8's just fit under as it is, plus the back space is very marginal for my dropped spring seats.

Let me know what time your heading through, may need to be a little earlier so I can do a compression test on the Z to see what work is needed over Christmas. After the way it ran at Noosa I'm hoping the fuming was caused by sitting for too long and the run has settled everything down. I will just get the block breather fitted from one of the other engines and run the tubing to the catch tank. I would like to get away with another year before a rebuild with buying the house.

• 2 months later...

Guys an update, one of the Team members has had to pull out, "SHOCK", so Z car Club Qld has one, possibly two vacancies, you dont have to be from Qld, and you dont have to have a Z, but you do have to have the desire to drive Mt Panorama, and it will cost!!

Check the ZCCQ site, contact Pete Hetherington, and tell him you want in.

The two teams have been accepted, but are down a driver, so it should be a gaurunteed start.

I ended up with my mate (lucky) and 3 guys from sydney that have corvette's, so the work is on engine just been finished building, brake upgrade's, the car is at the workshop now just waiting for the hoist to be free we have 18 but i have to wait for the "project" hoist to be free, then its on like donkey kong

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, only a few weeks to go, If anyone is thinking about just going up for a look, and if you are able to assist, the event organisers are looking/DESPERATE for volunteer flag marshals, you will be suitably trained, fed and watered, and you get FREE admission and FREE camping ( PLEASE confirm this with organisers)

Best of all you get placed oh just like a eter or three away from the ACTION around the track.

Register NOW with FOSC , please tell them you are a car club enthusiast and you want to help.

They will really look after you as a thank you for helping them.

www.fosc.com.au

tell em jason Lea in the Datsun Sports 2000 told you all about it!

Not only do you get to be mere metre's away from the track you get to see it for free, close up and in your face, there is always food and drink a plenty also free during the race, plus you get to help out fellow racers like dat2kman and myself, i am a cams official myself i do Scrutineering, flag marshall, dummy grid, photography and timing, even when im not competing i get out there and help others to have fun, be nice to think that all the years i have put in helping people go racing will be rewarded back to me and dat2kman, help if you can. Cheers Laurence

I'm flagging for the first three days, then competing in the regularity for the last two days. Worth it just for the free camping, plus should be nice and close to the action.

Here's how mine sits at the moment - the head is in the purple container,  the rest of it is spread across the garage floor, and the block is in the boot of the family car ready for a trip to the machinist next week. Should just about have enough time to get it back together before Easter  :-\ ???

a1.jpg

It is planned for each year but there is always the risk it might be cancelled like Wheels on Wide Bay.

Here are the latest pics of my car. It now has the new spoiler on the front. Still some more prep to come for Bathurst.

post-1368-144023561897_thumb.jpg

post-1368-14402356191_thumb.jpg

post-1368-144023561918_thumb.jpg

Galderdi, just make sure that HUUUGE Shovel nose spoiler is well bolted on, at 200 kmh plus! down Conrod, you dont want it to come off, and with that shape, you will get plenty heapd downforce on the front end too.

Well done!

Lets hope team member Dave Healey gets his  ITB 260 Coupe fixed after a slight "off" on the way home from Warwick Sprints last weekend!!!

Galderdi, just make sure that HUUUGE Shovel nose spoiler is well bolted on, at 200 kmh plus! down Conrod, you dont want it to come off, and with that shape, you will get plenty heapd downforce on the front end too.

Well done!

Lets hope team member Dave Healey gets his  ITB 260 Coupe fixed after a slight "off" on the way home from Warwick Sprints last weekend!!!

Thanks, Yes I will add some additional bolts. It was ok as it is at 200Km round Lakeside, but a couple of extra bolts won't hurt.

Nah, the proper rear spoiler for a Z, well 2 seater anyway, is a Group C RX7 Birdbath.

Jason and I may have to have a chat with Greg about getting a couple popped out from the mould Jason has and then a little bit of playing with expander foam to get it fitting better on the hip line of the Z.

Makes a huge difference to the car, knocks a few km/h off the top end, but Turn 1 at EC was taken flat with no backing off, and the amount of crap sucked up off the track onto the rear of the car was incredible.

It's a pity I don't have photos of the car with the bird bath on, but it looks pretty good 8)

are you sure thats spoiler is not sposed to be on the boot.

I have no idea what you mean???  There is no way that spoiler would fit the boot. It is a customer modification of a BRE front spoiler with an extended front lip. I modified it myself so I can't imagine how it could be used on the boot. I do have a mini whale tail if anyone wants to buy it?

Back on track/topic

Update on the Easter Bathurst event, sorry to say but Porsche Cars Australia have taken over the naming rights and are fronting with close to 200 Porkers for the what was supposed to be 6 hour relay for all, that has now become for the rest of us, a bit of a cruise around on the Monday arvo from 1.30 pm till 4.30 pm, and same for Tuesday arvo, and we have paid top dollar for this, it was promoted as a 6hour relay event with teams of all sorts, on the Tuesday  and we had all day Monday for practice and set up.

As well, the events scheduled for three days of Friday/Saturday and Sunday have now been cut short till 12 noon on Sunday cos the Porkers all want to have a bit of extra practice so they can show their supremacy to all, so that means those that paid the big bucks for THREE days will be cut short,

Will you get a refund? fat chance, cos it is very costly to run events for fancy cars, like them.

If you were entering the Fri/Sat and Sun, try asking the question "Why arn't I getting the three days you promoted in the supp regs?"

Wait till you get the answer to that, I did, and if i persue it, I am liable to be kicked out!

If you are entering the Monday/Tuesday, ask the question, " will I get what I was promised in the supp regs, and if it is changed, will I be refunded?"

"Trade practices" got quoted to them and they have gotten a bit upset with some entrants in NSW asking similar questions.

It's a shame to see that the 6 hour relay has been changed, it seems as though it's possibly a combination of CAMS intervening and Charles having to include the Porsches to offset the cost of the meeting.  Unfortunately, despite their best intentions, I think FOSC may suffer as a result as it will leave a lot of people feeling they aren't getting what they paid for and wary of entering next year.

As for the Fri/Sat/Sun, for which I am entered, from what I can see when compared to last year in Regularity I am still doing the same amount of races, 4 plus qualifying. Last year I had a 6 and 7 lap event on Sat and 2 x 3 lap on Sunday (19 laps).  I was lapping around 3 mins or just under, so this year all being well, I believe I should get more laps, with 1 x 20min and 2 x 25min events on Sat and 1 x 30min on Sunday.  This is all on the proviso that it doesn't rain and there aren't a lot of stoppages due to some drivers getting too carried away and binning it.  Time will tell!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is on this weekend fellas!

So, who is racing and who is coming to watch?

I did this in 2008 in my Datto and missed last year so am very much looking forward to going to bathurst again!

This is a great event to watch for anyone who is even midly interested, hopefully the weather holds out though, dipper in the wet sliding towards the then green VB wall was not so much fun...

My name is Tom by the way, My dad, John, and I will be competing in my silver 260z coming over from WA for anyone that is wandering around and wants to say hi, would be great to meet some new people. We are double entered in the weekend and sharing a drive in the 6-hour follow-the-leader....

All things considered the car is up for about 1000k's around bathurst plus the drive up and back from Sydney. The car has recieved new exhaust (extra 10Hp, 30Nm torque at wheels) and 3.9diff instead of the 3.5 in '08 so I'm pegging at mid 2:50's since we did 3:02s all weekend in '08. Also wanna crack 245kph down the hill  :o

Can't wait for a great weekend!