Photo

Bathurst Easter 2010, races and a six hour regularity relay, anyone interested i

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:11 PM

FOSC (google it) are running club races on the Sat and Sund, with practice on the Fri, then on Mon and Tue practice/qualifiying and a six hour regularity relay race, similar to Winton and phillip island type events, you need a L2S CAMS license.
Check out the FOSC site for further details
Qlders galderdi is keen to do the Mon/Tue, dat2kman will do Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon/Tue/, and we are trying to rustle up interest, but, if anyone is interested in putting togehter a six car Zed team from any State, lets do it. the team entry fee is a reduced cost per car then individual entry fee
Races are approx 740, regularity approx 730, team of six cars cost 600 each approx.

If anyone ( admin/mods) is able to post the supp regs on here that would be a help.
Entries close 23 Dec, there will be huge interest in this, I ran it in 2008, and had a fantastic time, To do it again will be even better.
Who wants to join a Zed party on the Mount, Heck they even have a Z in the Promo poster!!!
WOOOOO HOOOOO

#2 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,607 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:37 PM

We should be able to upload the Supp. regs. to the forum Jason ;)

If your entering, can I co-drive your 280? :D

#3 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:34 AM

Awww man, times like these I wish I had money.  Maybe 2011...

#4 ZED660

ZED660

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

Here are the supp regs and the posters

http://www.fosc.com....0/BATH_AD 2.pdf

http://www.fosc.com....RAMA V1 PDF.pdf

Attached Files

#5 Lgee

Lgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:53 PM

me and my mate dave are deffinatly in, my car is off the road having an forged engine rebuild, so that will be an extra incentive to get it going.

#6 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:31 PM

PZG302, you SHOULD def consider this,
It looks like Zed car club Qld have got 12 members wanting IN on this, some will pull out, so ??
Thats two SIX car teams just for the Monday and Tuesday regularity practice/relay.
Some will be there from the Thursday doing Frid/Sat/Sun races as well

I'll be running my little Datsun Sports 2000, some one told me I got a write of in a recent Australian Classic Car Mag??

Get your entries in they will be oversubsribed for sure, and close dec 23rd.
if you haven't run with FOSC, pay carefull attention the the "Experience and what you have done" section so they can assess you.
In 2008 over 750 entered and paid they accepted 600, we ended up getting 55 car full grid feilds in the Sat and Sun races.
Lap 1 turn 1 Hell Corner was always going to be interesting!!!

#7 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:54 AM

Sounds awesome. I will wait till I get some bigger brakes before I tackle this challenge. So maybe the year after for me. But definately on the to do list before I go 6 feet under. Keep us posted though.  ;)

#8 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:22 AM

I'll sit down with the finacial controller tonight and discuss it......Looking at buying a house so Bathurst may have to wait until 2011 for me.

maybe you better come round and convince someone that I should be doing this, at least then there will be multiple bodies and someone will eventually come looking for you  ;D

#9 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:58 AM

With this being a "team" based thing, how do the organisers go about deciding who is accepted if the event is over-subscribed ?

ie, say in a 6-person team, if 5 members of a team are highly experienced, but one has never been on a track before. Is it possible that the one with no experience won't be accepted, leaving the "team" as a 5-car team ?

Or are entries accepted or rejected on a "team" basis rather than looking at each individual driver's ability ?

And by looking at the supp-regs, a car with a non-log booked alloy cage would be eligible for the regularity relay if its on historic / club rego ?

#10 ZED660

ZED660

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

Dave,

I am sure you will find that entries will only be accepted on the basis of demonstrated experience to run in the multi car event as set out in the last page of the entry package.  I doubt they would accept a driver in a 'team' who hasn't sufficiently convinced them of his/her experience regardless of how experienced the other team members were.

Usually to gain acceptance drivers have entered one of the other FOSC events during the year, however with Oran park gone there probably won't be a January meeting as before.

As far as the car goes you don't need a roll cage or log book, quite a few of the cars are registered road cars.  If you look at the Regularity gallery in the attached link you will see the range of cars that compete in regularity.  http://fosc.speedsho...ry/fosc_120409/

Cheers

#11 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for that, pretty much what I thought regarding driver experience. Could potentially make it difficult though, if for example half your team's driver entries are accepted and half aren't - you don't have a team anymore ??? I'm sure the organiser's have it covered somehow though.

I was looking on their website and the only event listed for next year (besides Bathurst) is one event at Wakefield Park. It'll be interesting to see what effect the closure of Oran Park has on circuit availability for many of the "club" type events  ???

I have no intention of entering this Easter but it is something I'm going to do in the next year or two, hence my curiousity. I love getting out on new tracks and Bathurst would have to be the ultimate challenge. I intend to get down to spectate this Easter  8)

#12 Lgee

Lgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:09 PM

I am IN!!, my enrty has been accepted as well as my best mate Dave, so we are off to the mountain at easter, wooooohoooo

#13 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:52 AM

Cool as

#14 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:18 AM

Z Car Club Qld has had two teams provisionally accepted for the Monday and Tuesday events, They do have a few vacancies for other Zed (or anything else - Dave 1600??) cars avail.
if interested contact peter Hethrington who is the ZCCQ Team manager via the club Qld website/contact details etc, to let him know ASAP you wish to be in with us.
We really do need six cars per team to share the workload, so if you are thinking of entering and are not already part of a team, DONT WORRY you can join us,
( I am in with two teams of six cars on my Datsun Sports 2000, along with four other Dato Sport 2000's)
The Zed club Qld teams ( Team Red and Team Blue) have only four cars each, so there is room for two more in each?
LGEE are you in a team? What about you 1600Dave?
PZG302, where are you??
Sorry Lurch, I can love you like a brother, but no-one drives my beasties!Why dont you BYO, You'd be more than welcome.
Hurry up guys entries close real soon.
It is regularity so you dont need full on type cars, your general duty road going Z will be fine.

#15 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:18 PM

Nope, I'm not in a team / entered at all. I was making enquiries about officiating instead to get a bit of experience and see what it's all about before having a go myself.

I suppose I could do the "official" thing on the first few race days, and compete in regularity the last two days ?

I do have a few concerns -

My lack of experience in regularity events. I've done a reasonable amount of general track days / supersprints over the last few years though. Don't know if I'd have the experience to have a go (or for my entry to be accepted).

My lack of a "Z" (my old Datsun 1600 would be considerably slower than any Z, let alone a modified one). dat2kman - if you remember the Nissan / Datsun nationals, I was the guy chatting to you about your Sports 2000, as I have a couple of fairladies, and driving a pale green, ex-rally Datsun 1600. I think I managed 4:20 or something like that for the three standing-start laps of Morgan Park ?

My lack of straight-line speed. I spent the weekend just gone at Mt Panorama at the Sydney Datsun Club's Xmas weekend away and was amazed at the length of the straights. My car would be seriously struggling for top end speed (maximum speed would be an optimistic 160 - 170 kph)

I could be convinced to give it a go though. Do my qualifications (and choice of car) sound OK ? Lurch can vouch for my driving abilities (or lack thereof), as he was silly enough to have done a few laps of Winton in the passenger seat  ;D

And Lurch, I'd let you co-drive my 1600 if I thought you could handle the awesome-ness and sheer speed of it  ;)

#16 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:03 PM

1600Dave, with your past track work and time spent you are def not a noob at this, you know how it all works etc
The idea of officiating for the Fri/Sat and Sun will be of great assistance to FOSC, let them know you wish to do this.
Dont worry about the car or it's level of performance, the regularity relay event is all about you as a team member nominating what you think you can get as close to, time wise, and, if you go slightly under or over, you/team loses points. And so on for each other team member.
The idea is that the team that loses the LEAST no of points is the winner.
Generally you will find that there will be two teams that will try to"win", and the remaiing 50 or so teams couldnt give a rats arse, they just all want to have fun. Me, I give no pharque to win, just want to DRIVE RACE CAR.
Z 1600 Sunny 120Y they is all Datsuns, and 'sides if it is going to help a team by including you, it is to the benefit of all. Just 'cos you dont have topline speed down conrod, you will be in a far better position to be able to be closer to your nominated time.
Crikey, a guy called Tom Law in a 1600 VW Beetle has been a regular regulariy winner in NSW for many years, the car is consistent, and he knows it is too
If you would like to contact the Zcarclub Qld and be part of their teams check out the website, the team manager is Peter Hetherington, his contact details are in the contact/committee page. ring or email him to see if they will take you on, tell 'em we spoke, and you ran the NDN09 event, and you know some of the QLD faces.
I can only guide you, as I am a member of a NSW based rally team, ( I am thinking that if the 2000 Sports may expire on the Fri/Sat/Sun, my backup car  for Mon/Tue is an old Datsun 120Y that used to be driven by a sheep farmer in Talmalmo, it sort of goes quickly)
I do rmenber you from NDN, and the 1600, so yep, come and play!!

#17 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:42 PM

Thanks - I've emailed Peter Hetherington, and had already emailed the FOSC guys a few days ago regarding volunteering as an official.

Will see how things go. I would love to drive Bathurst at least once and this seems like a perfect opportunity.

I'm definitely in the "have fun" camp rather than the "must win" camp. I have to be with my old 1600, I think the first thing I've ever got a trophy for was at NDN09  ;D

#18 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

Argh, what have I done  ??? :o

Entry form is filled in, looks like I may be joining "Team Red" if I am lucky enough to have my entry accepted  ;D

#19 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Tagline:Past member

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:43 AM

I was taliking to Peter. He is coordinating team Red. Sounds like you are in :) I am hoping to be in team Red too.

#20 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:00 AM

I won't be there.... >:( :'( :'(

Have justr bought a house so the racing budget has to suffer.....Plus I want to race and can't get the licence upgraded in time, so it looks like 2011 for me.

I also can't justify the entry fee and the other expenses at the moment for a an hour's run around the mountain, mainly because of the house purchase.

Jason, have you fitted up the 18's on the Sports 200 yet? and if so how do they fit? They would fill the guards pretty well. I may also have some slicks soon for that set as I will be going to Yoki A050's hopefully in the new year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users