What you would like your Z to look like?

Toecutter

I know a lot of us here have got Z projects on the go and have a certain look in mind for thier cars so I thought it would be a good idea to post some pics of the "look" your going for! Lets call it an inspirational thread for those that need it! :)

This has been something that has kept changing over the years as far as my Z goes. My early plans for my car were very different from where I'm at now and I'm sure there will be alot more to stew over when it comes to the L28 I'm hoping to get into at some point soon.

So show us what you want your Z to look like when "finished"!!!

Sulio

I'm about 2-3 months away from completion on my 240 and the look is similiar to the one I wanted eighteen months ago, I'm hoping to have my car look very similiar to that of NR240, but not so yellow.

Once I get my roof filled in next week, I can finish the interior off and begin looking at brakes, suspension, etc. Still need to get a front spoiler with vent to finish off the look I want. I suppose the 432r style grill will always be a distant dream. Also the extent I go to with regards to the sound system will depend on my funds after the car is finished, at the moment im standing at $7500 spent and $2000 to go in the near future for roof and alarm system. I suppose once I put some pics up on the site everyone will realise that I do like chrome just a little bit. Taillight surrounds as well as airbox have returned from Mr Chrome to give the car that 'Pimp My Ride' look.

Interested to hear others replies to this very interesting question.

Cheers,

Jack.

I'm happy with my racer, so I'll keep it like the avatar. Hopefully will be getting a tidy up and respray in the next couple of months to look pretty at it's next meeting.

About the only things I will change are the wheels to better 18" rims, Simmons, and if I can bend the rules fit the RX7 bird bath that was originally fitted to it when it first ran in Marque Sports cars in Sydney.

post-199-144023471216_thumb.jpg

wow all of those ones sulio look nice! well i loved that blue 240z thats in japan from when i saw it and it made me want to eventually make a similar wide body kit for my zed, but now it seems like a huge waste of time when the fairlady flares give it such a tough classic look! sr240z is a classic example of one sexy zed, but i'd like mine to still keep the chrome, and mayb even green, there's just so many good looking ones out there it's hard to choose!

i'd like me car to be modern yet classic, so finding the line is what i'm having difficulities with, along with making up my mind :?

IMG_0004.jpg

fender mirrors are something i'd really like to get to finish the look, still deciding whether to go all out on the car or just keep it stock and buy a go-kart/lotus 7 for weekend fun...deep down i know i want the zed done up 8)

Hey guys with those really wide offset front wheels and the heavy steering supplied from Nissan in normal stock cars, how are they reducing the steering drag lock to lock, my wife can't turn the steering wheel enough to park the car now in stock standard form? Is there something i am missing here apart from sheer braun! :? Lynton

I think everybody here likes that one Scott.

Funny thing about the steering, I had 205's on the front before and I've gone to 225 and expected heavy steering but was suprised that there has'nt been much difference! I think the trick is to keep the front tyres reasonably pressurised.

Sulio

Off the post a bit, but this is my previous 260Z (just found a photo)... Love to know where it is now. I had it in early 90s - I was the second owner and I got it with an exercise book of owner notes and details of all work done since new, along with service history and purchase documents. Anyone seen it?

post-148-144023471381_thumb.jpg

• Administrators
Ah my Z is a 74 260 and it was that orange colour when I bought it but it came from SA.

And another nice looking car:

1_big.jpg

2_big.jpg

3_big.jpg

5_big.jpg

Sulio

Funny you should post that Sulio, that was car of the month on zcar.com it truely is beautiful. It just shows that a Zcar doesn't need a front airdamn to be beautiful. Infact in many ways I dislike the airdamn's because they tend to stop the flowing lines of the zcar. I love the NOS bottle in the boot. I've been meaning to email the owner actually :)

Yer very nice colour the silver he's gone for. In an ideal world I've always thought it would be nice to have a heavily modified Z and then a second car relativley clean and stock looking 240 like this silver car. Ah the best of both worlds! Just gotta keep playing lotto I guess.

Sulio

looking at the colours i could roll on, atm i like the idea of this colour, basically the one seen on the miura concept, and the silver along the bottom of the sides seems to lift the car also. i'm hoping to keep my orginal paint job for longer, but when its time for more major body work i'm going to give rolling it all a shot, and if i dont like it go for a dark blue or grey.

the stock front end on that zed looks alright, kind of like a bullet, and pretty similar to what an NA mx5 looks like side on. the front spoiler bits on the miura concept would look nice on it while keeping it old school, and yes i like the miura concept.

post-83-144023471469_thumb.jpg

Interesting to see that colour. Thats a really nice angle to exentuate the beaut lines on the S30. Really goes to show all you need on these cars is some shiny paint and period looking wheels with slightly lowered suspension to look like a million bucks. When I see pics like this I really do feel like getting a second Z!!!!!!!!! Great photo Evan.

Wow I just checked out the original. Good photoshopping Evan. What a difference!! I know what you mean by the rear panel. The grey or black looks best. All the cars I've seen with body colour rear panel have looked a bit off except for a silver Z in the UK that looked ok, pic below the yellow car.

The original below!

3805Aut_3912-640.jpg

1652rear.jpg

Evan, you mentioned the superlites at some point earlier, I reckon you just get the superlites in the new 16" size they are selling and just lower the car. It would look really nice. Like the one in the pic you photoshopped. The superlites are only about $200 per wheel and look so period right and not Tawain special e-bay boy racer, you can get 90% tread tyres if your strapped for cash and get lowered King springs installed. It would look great and you could do it for about $1400 with springs installed. Thats what I did to my car pretty early on even bfore paint and I was pretty reved up to keep going with it because I did'nt have to keep visualising how it would "eventually" look and that inspiration is sometimes needed to finish these cars off.

Anyhows hope you got the cash for the honda!?