87 replies to this topic

#81 tir33d

tir33d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

R888 is a Toyo semi slick. Would luv to put some fat slicks on it.

#82 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:28 AM

Chev Z.  Your zed looks awesome with the wide body.  I walked past expecting to see a 350 chev or similar just from the  sound, it sounds awesome.  I am running the Hilux calipers and R31 rear disk setup (I had the silver and black 260Z with bolt on flares) and I found the Hilux calipers weren't so much the problem, it was more the pads I was using.  Agreed the Hilux calipers aren't the best option, but for a cheap bolt on upgrade, they are pretty bloody good. 

The AZC Willwood setup are brilliant and with the conversion rate for then U.S dollar at the moment, I am really wishing I had the coin for it.

#83 DAZDA

DAZDA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Tagline:Brap Brap Brap

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

Results can be found on the Sydney Z Car Club site.

Full track times can be found by clicking here

#84 DAZDA

DAZDA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:09 PM

A quick event report.  I only entered the Track Day part of the 2011 Datsun Nationals so I decided to drive up from Canberra on the day rather than stay in Goulburn.  I spent some time before the event getting the car ready (bolt check, oil changes, fix a rear damper issue, etc).

Arrived at Wakefield at about 8am to find way more cars than I thought would be taking part, which was great for the event itself but made scrutineering a bit hectic.  The organisers split the day into two parts, in the morning half the competitors would do the hillclimb while the rest did the short track and then after two runs the two groups would swap over.  In the afternoon, it was the full racetrack.  Having never driven the short track or the hillclimb I felt I didn’t really get the right lines sorted out but was reasonably happy that the car did have any issues other than some heat soak in the SU fuel bowls for the first run on the hillclimb.

After what I thought was an extended lunch break (reduced that time on the track for everyone), the full track sessions started.  Overall I was pretty happy with how it went and set a time roughly what I was aiming for.  According to a few people at the presentation dinner, I managed to do enough to win my class, although I thought I saw someone else in the same class lapping faster than me.

I’m a little surprised that somehow even though 3 sessions by 4 laps (including the warm-up laps) is 12 laps total, a few drivers managed more than 12 laps on the timing system.  Either they were double-entered cars and forgot to change the timing devices or they were getting more than their share of the track time... 

Managed to meet a few of the forum guys (sco_aus, GongZ, BenZed) which was great!  :)

A few thankyous;

The Sydney Z Car Club – For hosting the event this year
All the Officials and Volunteers – Without them we can’t go racing
Capital Steering and Suspension – For their ongoing  support
Last but not least My Wife – For her understanding when I spend so much time in the shed

If anyone has any photos of the Blue 240Z with 49 on the side I'd love some copies, please PM me.

#85 chev z

chev z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

DAZDA , if your number plates read YFY E40 go to the NDSOC facebook site , it's a bit hard to read your race number but I think thats your Z...67 pics of alsorts
I was one of the luckier ones who recieved extra track time, my electric lap timer malfunctioned, so they gave me a rerun.
I'm positive my first run was easily my fastest, he says with tongue firmly planted in cheek..lol

#86 DAZDA

DAZDA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:36 AM

What's 'Facebook'?  ;)

I know what Facebook is, I just have no intention of joining...

#87 chev z

chev z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

You don't need to join to look at the site, try punching in NDSOC +facebook...it should come up

#88 GongZ

GongZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Tagline:Watanabe wannabe

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

vroom!

Attached Thumbnails

• 22648_ec1f2c9d0d86e8817d333db786a7cef3dae7972e.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users