87 replies to this topic

#61 chev z

chev z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

I hope I haven't bit off more than I can chew ,I have entered the track day with only approx. 24 days to go and are yet to have guards fitted and painted, let alone track tested car.
Apparently about 60 cars are entered for the track day, so should see plenty of suspension /brakes setups

Who else from Vic. is going?
If all goes well see you at the Z NATS

P.S. the organisers that I spoke to were very helpfull....welldone

#62 260Coupe

260Coupe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

FYI
For those heading up to Gloulburn for the Zed Nationals, a large contingent of Zed "heads" from Melb and Sydney are staying at Trappers (plenty of parking, bar, pool etc and close to everthing)

Rooms are filling fast 

Best Western A Trappers Motor Inn
www.trappers.com.au
P.O. Box 267 Goulburn, NSW, 2580
ph: 02 48225445
fax: 02 48225440

#63 Z31girl

Z31girl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

GET YOUR ENTRY IN NOW!!!
2011 Nissan Datsun Nationals

If you haven’t already sent your entry in for the Nationals,
IT NEEDS TO BE NOW!!!!!
Call me as soon as possible if you want to attend

Nationals Entry Form & Track day Registration Forms are on website at
http://www.zcarclub..../nationals.html
You can save the forms to your computer or print directly from website

More Information - detailed itinerary, entrants list, Concours categories & track classes will be emailed to entrants next week.
GOULBURN POST ARTICLE
http://www.goulburnp...in/2117840.aspx

Donna

#64 Graeme

Graeme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:27 PM

The Marulan Driver Training Centre is booked for us on Good Friday for us as a test and tune day.
$100 per car.(+30 unless you have a CAMS L2S)

A great way to shake down your car before the Sunday Wakefield day.
Also a good oportunity for interstaters to sample another track.

Just send Gary an e-mail to reserve a spot.

http://www.mdtc.com....actus/index.php

Marulan Driver Training Centre is about 20km north of Goulburn ad easy to find.

#65 DAZDA

DAZDA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Tagline:Brap Brap Brap

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

This 'Click Here' appears to be the entry list.

#66 maddos

maddos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Think I'll cruise down on the Sunday to check this out. Was hoping to take the zed but with the grief I'm having putting engine back together may be a little optimistic taking it on a couple of hundred kilometer round trip test run. I'll have to take the wife's Murano instead to keep with the Nissan theme.

#67 260Coupe

260Coupe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:40 PM

If there any members of the forum heading up to the Zed Nationals on Thursday from Melbourne and wish to join us, NDSOC Members are meeting at BP Wallan (exit off the freeway) at 10am on Thursday for the convoy up to Goulburn

cheers

Alan

#68 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

for any Canberrans, Im meeting Scott (260z) at 7.00am on Saturday at the petrol station carpark ,  intersection of Antil St (northern end) and start of the federal hwy...(next door to formula1 motel)..if anyone wants to tag along.
my mob is 0408 770100

#69 chev z

chev z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:20 PM

As i stated, I only had 24 days to finalise my 240z [ 2 years in developing] so I could participate in the z nationals .Farming and play lead to little sleep ,especially at sowing time which is Now.
Firstly the fiberglass guards were installed and the rears bonded to the original fenders after cutting them back by 3.5 inches.
Then off to the wheel alignment place to do a basic race suspension setup. Resulting in custom tie-rodsbeing manufactured and installed [ approx. $400 ]. This enables 4 deg. of camber.i had previously converted and installed ford xb castor rods which has enabled initially to have 2 deg. castor
To fill the guards out so they won't look like an empty tent,I purchased 25mm spacers for the front in conjunction with 245x40x17 semi slick tyres.The rears created there own problem and 45mm spacers were custom made and in cohoots with 275 x 40 x17 sem slicks fill the guards out magnificently.
The idea of using spacers on a race car didn't sit well with me but over $2000 for custom made rims forced me into this way
Took the car to the painter for a quick, and I mean quick , lick of paint and some body smoothing/blending filler for the fiber panelswhere they attached to the steel guards.
Then it was back to the suspension place to set car up height and weight wise
With only 2 days till testing on good friday, which will be my initial test and only practise day,I am under  the pump.

So TOday.

Installed new fuel filler location, windscreen wiper, gearshift boot, battery/fuse cover panels, headlight guards with the chrome surrounds [ they look sweet as ], mount fire extinguisher and headlight low/ high switch.
Oh yeah raced [actually went quite sedately, I needed a break] to town sometime in amongst that to pickup Blue Hawk brake pads which I will fit first thing Fri  morn. before we track test the car.
OH yeah in between work and car stuff we also modified the car trailer with longer and wider ramps and redesigned the rear of trailer to accomodate the 196cm rear track width

The good news being that the Z basically is ready.
Perhaps not to go at race speed , but should be atleast 80 to 85 %.
Hopefully so  will I.

To those who haven't left yet see you at Wakefield Park...If tomorrow is successful

#70 GongZ

GongZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Tagline:Watanabe wannabe

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:55 PM

I just wanted to be the first one to post a pic from Wakefield Park. No prize for guessing who it is.

Attached Thumbnails

• 22349_0972004dfcf35f2982b27b04830019ccbd7e0d64.jpg

#71 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

What an awesome day.  My PB was 1:14.0 and could be a lot better.  I came first in my class, though I think they gave me the wrong trophy when they couldn't find it. :P  I'm pumped to go and enter more events now.

There was some fantastic Dattos there and a big turn out for the racing.  We had quite a good turn out from the forum.  Big thanks to Z Car Club of Sydney for running the event, it went pretty smooth. 

I'll post any photos I have in the Nationals photo thread soon.

http://www.viczcar.c.../topicseen.html

#72 tir33d

tir33d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

Not a bad effort with the 1.14 im guessing on street tyres also. Amazing how bad that track bug can bite.....

#73 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:00 PM

I wish. It was wearing Toyo RA1s (yes the old ones they don't make any more).  I will go a lot faster next time I'm sure.

#74 tir33d

tir33d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:34 AM

on r888's I have managed to get into the 1.09's, even with my shitty hilux calipers, with wait for it, towing spec pads. I still don't consider myself a great driver down there either. I think with my bigger brakes (shit I better do something about that soon) I would be a .07-.08 and with some head work maybe a .06.
Getting scary speed though at this point, still have to have time for a proper full rollcage

#75 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

Do you drive an R33 or a zed?

#76 tir33d

tir33d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

280zx with ls1 and 6 speed (although you on use 3 and 4 down there)

#77 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

ok cool

#78 chev z

chev z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

1. 09 and only using 3&4 gears , hugely impressive

After just being there and doing a 1.11.5 and getting into 5 down the main straight,I changed into 5 before the finish line,my rev limiter stops me from exceeding 6200rpm, your engine must be revving to buggery , what does she rev too

I am running A t56  6 speed behind a LS1 with slight race cam developing 335rwhp

What are your tyres semi or slicks and what width [235 x40 x 16  ?? ]
What type of rotors and calipers, vented etc
I would love to know so I can improve

i forgot to mention that my car is the 240z with the extra wide rear end...number 43

#79 tir33d

tir33d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:47 PM

7000rpm -  if you have changed your cam you would have also changed your valve springs to doubles. My motor has 230000kms on it. New cam springs and oil pump only. It now also has a massive exhaust (twin 3 inch).
Running 255/40r17 r888 on 8.5" rota wheels. Hilux calipers with machined down s13 disks on front, standard on rear.
I only have limited footage from my last day down there but my first out lap showed as 1.10 and as you will see, tyres were still warming and I was black flagged (they thought I was dumping oil from the smoke coming from the car - it was just the paint on the exhaust burning in)
Was also plagued with a electrical gremlin and a not so accurate tune. Will upload the vid to you tube now.

#80 chev z

chev z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

Basically we have the same set up brake wise,cam , springs and even the 3" exhaust and funnily approx. the same km's on motor
It was my first time at Wakefield so was pretty stoked at my times ...40.4 sec for the short track
Especially being only the second time in the car , the other being on Fri. before Sunday Nats.

The brilliantly presented orange 600z has the Arizona brake upgrade so I am investigating this option.
It surely has to be a huge improvement compared to running the Hilux conversion, our horsepower surpasses the stopping capabilities of them.
The r888 are slicks or semis?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users