z31 200zr

zedevan

yeh put up some pics for sure in mebers projects I would love to see more z31's on the sight.

i know there are a few. but they never get shown. i love my 240z and it will always take first place  over the z31 but i think thease cars get to much of a bad wrap.

I think people are scared off them because they dont know enough about them, so not enough of them are getting saved.     

A few pics.  Fitted with an RB25DET with a high mount Greddy manifold and a TD06 running 15lb boost.

Now has  DTM 'Rush' 18x9.5 rear, 18x8.5 front with Nexen 3000s. Trim is stock 200ZR cloth. PO had fitted Defi guages in place of the air vents.  Haven't done anything about them. 

Under bonnet is a bit cleaner than shown.  Will take a few more recent ones when I'm home next week.

The car is just a toy. Hardly driven but nice to have.

post-595-144023568809_thumb.jpg

post-595-144023568816_thumb.jpg

post-595-144023568832_thumb.jpg

post-595-144023568843_thumb.jpg

damn that was in adelaide.

very nice 200zr. that must be one of the later ones.

the main cluster is that original Looks like it but that looks more like 90s than 80s style. from memory they had pretty ordinary looking 80s style cluster besides the 50th aniversary glow ones.

nice car nevertheless. they look so good in black.

TIP: keep it away from lancers they seem to have a taste for Zs... LOL

Yeah, Skyline instrument cluster.  It's practically all Skyline under the skin - engine, 'box, diff, brakes.

I bought a 300kph speedo unit but haven't fitted it.  It's not as easy as I hoped it would be. The cluster isn't a separate piece as the the Z32.  Looks like the whole dash has to come out! 

Datpilot don't buy one unless it is an absolutly top mechanical car otherwise you need to own a bank!

Lynton 8) Just my 2 cents worth.

Not true. Just buy your parts from the USA. Even with shipping they are still at least 50% cheaper than you local Nissan dealer.  eg: valve lifters AU$89 each from Nissan Aus. US$12 each from Courtesy Nissan.

I must have bought about the equivalent of AU$4000 worth of parts for AU$1200 by getting them from the states.

Also just another shameless plug for www.auZ31club.net

• 2 weeks later...

The Z I was looking at got a deposit on it the night before I flew to Hobart to check it out. Most annoying.

Still went down, said hi to the family etc.

The Z31 was sold for $2500, had leaking injectors but also a 14 year history record, most recent service included full brakes, steering rack, tyres, recoed En741b Auto tranny....

So for my next daily/mini project is either a non- running 1979 280zx 5 speed (needs clutch, full service and safety cert etc, prob about $2000 worth to pass), OR a Z31 that needs a new starter motor and TLC, (and about $500 to pass safety cert)

280zx is a grand

300zx is a 'your kidding i'll buy it'

still thinking about it though. for the price of either i could sink it into the R30 and it would be well and truly on its way to being finished...

to be continued

• 1 month later...

Aus delivered Z31 n/a gets delivered tomorrow morning.

Current plans are to keep it on daily driver duties once starter motor is sourced. there is a VG30det in the garage that is getting lonely though...

evil plans

Paid $6k for my Z31 Turbo 5 spd(an impulse buy) , full history - one owner with 130,000 gen km on the clock. A turbo manual is damn had to find particularly one that has not been messed with. never had a hit and no rust (damn rare as well) Injectors had not started to leak but swapped them out anyway ......Got a brand new set from Five0MotorSport in the US for $400 landed ($370 each from Nissan here in Oz!!!!) 

Replaced the shocks with KYB gas and installed King springs and bingo.......a great comfy cruiser that actually handles surprizingly well ..... :P...for a "fat mans" cruise mobile

I don't particularly like the look of the Z31......some say ugly as hell... ::)....but a great highway cruiser with snooze control and power everything.

much prefer a 2 seater but need to back seat now for junior !

post-301-144023575794_thumb.jpg

post-301-144023575808_thumb.jpg

I got my calli for $3000. I replaced the injectors with vl turbo injectors. They are pretty much the same as an RB30 but in a V configuration. the heads look like rb30 heads cut in half. I am going to change mine to manual eventually then do the basic bolt on mods. Intercooler, exhaust, fuel pump, Biger injectors, nistune then last t3/4 turbo and ill be looking around to 200rwkw     

Well this one was very cheap, the tow cost more!

its not in the best nic, needs alot of luvin. interior is shabby, red paint has oxidized too, looks like powdery pink.

Looks wise, yes they arent pretty, but not much was in the 80's, its retro cool cruisy-ness for me!

Friggin thing wonts start, just buzzes from the 'fuseable links'. I havent spent much time fiddling yet