Howdy fellow zeder's

Just saying hello FYI

I have been involved with Datsuns and rallying since I was 19

starting with 1600's and progressing to Zeds my previous cars I have restored/ built include.

4 1600 rally cars Group G, PRC, CRC etc

1 Bluebird SSS CA18 Turbo Independent Rear, Works Struts, anti lag etc

1 x WRX

2 2 + 2's Roadies

1 260z rally P90, F54 and for a short while a Nismo Aust Modified RB20DET

Its been about 10 years since I have had my own car to work on ( Spent a bit of time on the Rally circuit for others) thought I would do one more So I got myself a basket case form QLD 1970 Chassis 00330.

I’m currently cutting out all of the rust (this may take awhile  :))

Other plans are seam weld the shell followed by a half cage and a Triple webered 2.8 L, P90 head (If I can find one).

Regards Adrian

• 4 weeks later...

G'day Adrian,

Are you planning on racing your new Zed? will we see it on the gravel? I spent an afternoon at the Nar nar goon train 'Station' five weeks ago, thinking that there would be a train every 10 minutes but had to wait two hours to get a train back to the city to catch a flight home....just scrapped in!! I'm not really used to public transport!!LOL. Your not involved with the footy club are you? I think the event I went to caused a little damage at the clubrooms!! Do you run into Simon Evens at the supermarket? Did you race old Tom Robinson in his Zed much??

Catch ya,

Hodgo (also Adrian)

I think it will only see a track about once a year

This one for now is being built as a street car probably with a half cage 4wdb and 250+HP triple webers etc.

Uncertain on how far to go with the mods as it is a low chassis number.

Might be worth some money someday?

I have been mates with Simon since I started rallying he lives in the next rd across from me.

I am not involved with the footy club

Regards AK

Glad to here about the footy club!! Sounds like a good package that your building, a bit of an all rounder? It's a small world, I was only joking about Mr Evens!! A good mate of mine down here used to work for him, in the VW day's and said If I got bored to look him up. You might of run into him, Leeroy?,

Anyway,

Catch ya,

Hodgo