Viczcar Meet Sunday 6th August 2006

Natez

Hey

Proposing next cruise and meetup

I purpose July 23rd, its a sunday, Lunch (bbq or just a pizza restuarant) then go for nice afternoon drive maybe not sprited, then possibly few beers at a pub to finish it off before going home, or going for a sprited drive.... but just more of a meet and greet, and get to know everyone here on the site, and check out everyones cars, get some photos etc

its way over a month away... but thats the date after my brother wedding and i know my Z will be up and running, and also during. holiday period... and gives everyone a chance to organise themselves...

• Administrators

Hey Nathan

Sounds like a good idea to me. I've been meaning to organise another meet but have been too busy to really give it a serious thought. I've also found that during the winter months less guys take out their zeds.

Seeing as we have grown to quite a few more members recently, I think we should have a meet and check out some of these zeds around Victoria.

If it's pouring with rain I'd say we should cancel it. I'll send out a group email tonight if I remember. If not give me a reminder :D .

yer i was also thinking that sulio.... and most people if they don't want to take the Z out as its raining, will have a second car to drive... like myself...

so if it is raining, a pub/park/ luncheon place to have a drink/some food and some Z talk would be nice, just to meet and greet everyone who has come along and possibly see some Zeds rather than driving past them

today was rare, a fairlady 2000, and a 260z 2 seater in 1 day... extremly rare for me...

• 1 month later...

I have a location in Notting Hill, (which is basically Clayton), for a BBQ on Sunday. Please tell me if interested in BBQ. Plenty of parking available. BBQ will be indoors under cover with full veiw of carparking area so well suited for the occasion. The address is 5/54 Howleys Rd Notting Hill. Lets say 1:00pm for lunch. All meat supplied on the day just bring drinks.

Sulio

0413 188 024

Just to get an idea on the numbers for food please advise if you intend on attending? If numbers are low we could always reschedule for the following Sunday!???????????

Gav could you please send out an e-mail to all members?

Ok guys well I suppose we did leave it a bit last minute for location and seeing Nate set the date and his car is'nt ready then how about we push it back two weeks? That would make it 1 pm Sunday the 6th of August.. Gav it might be a good time to shoot an e-mail off to that freelance auto journo and advise date for this if he wants to get an idea on the cars in the club and some one on one discussion!?

Come on show of hands on whos coming??????????????

Location can stay the same unless somebody out there has a better spot in mind?

my car will hopefully be roadworthy within two weeks, but i'd say there is a large chance it wont be, i have to get it trailered or towed everywhere which is going to be fun. and i'm not sure if i will be working or not though...

the papers i was given made it unclear whether or not i could, so was at vicroads today with gf transfering her car to her name and asked and they said you can't with defected cars :( so that sucks, i wonder if i can unregister it and semi clear the defect that way so its just an unregistered car? i got a bit of towing practice first moving the crx around until we got temp rego on it, i just dont want to twist the frame in any way, so should i not tow it?

hmmm...Ash, you social butterfly, well I expect it would be hard to set a date that everyone could attend so lets just stick to 1 pm Sunday the 6th of August at 5/54 Howleys Rd Notting Hill. It's basically behind Monash Uni Clayton Campus. As previously stated all meat will be supplied for BBQ just bring along drinks. If interested in going for a cruise afterwoulds perhaps someone thats familiar with the the roads out east can put something together however my rear end is rubbing and still in need of body work. I will try and work something out though so I can join in and finally use my camera and post a little movie of this meet afterwoulds.

Gav, shoot through an e-mail to that journo when you get a chance please and it might be a good idea to rename this post and correct date. Nate seeing you started the post you can actually edit this post and change title to reflect correct date otherwise Gav might be able to change it and send out a group e-mail to all members!???

Sulio

gav changed the heading

i will be there in the daily, suspension is out of the Z getting new bushes and a few things yet to arrive, and more things need to be orderd from the US... mmm fun fun.... but will be there in the old Corona....

Zedrally sends his inability to attend.

Navigating in Ivan's Folly on that particular WE, next one isn't any better, ah shucks, August is a write-off completely...

Hope you all have a great day....