• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Tagline:Manana!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:35 PM

Gavin

Since the changes I have noticed;

1. It takes several attempts to log in.

2. I get this message in large font on the bottom of each page once I'm logged in;
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website

3. The 'Post', 'Preview' and 'Spell' boxes are just that, small boxes with no text. The 'Spell and 'Post' function okay but 'preview' doesn't.

4. I'm getting the little 'x' boxes included in the thread title text.

thanks.
PeterAllen (IT illiterate)

#2 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,662 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

Gavin

Since the changes I have noticed;

1. It takes several attempts to log in.

2. I get this message in large font on the bottom of each page once I'm logged in;
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website

3. The 'Post', 'Preview' and 'Spell' boxes are just that, small boxes with no text. The 'Spell and 'Post' function okay but 'preview' doesn't.

4. I'm getting the little 'x' boxes included in the thread title text.

thanks.
PeterAllen (IT illiterate)

Hi Peter,
Sorry I missed this post earlier.

1. This could be related to cookie issues since we changed host. What browser are you using Internet Explorer / Firefox / Opera / Safari?

Is this still happening.

2. RE: Copyright in template, that's very strange. I haven't removed any copyright. Its at the bottom of the forum. I wonder if the issue is caused by the fact that previously you had set your own forum template preference? (not sure here - just guessing).

3. I'm guessing this may relate to template settings.

4. Usually indicates that images are missing in Safari and Internet Explorer. Again could be a forum template issue.

Can I ask you to try clearing your cache and cookies?

If you are using Internet Explorer try these instructions:

#3 PeterAllen

PeterAllen

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Tagline:Manana!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:45 AM

Hi Peter,
Sorry I missed this post earlier.

1. This could be related to cookie issues since we changed host. What browser are you using Internet Explorer / Firefox / Opera / Safari? I'm using Internet Explorer

Is this still happening. Yes. I've figured out the patten. 1st attempt the tells me an error has occurred, the 2nd it tells me 'wrong password' (incorrectly) and the 3rd time I get logged in,

2. RE: Copyright in template, that's very strange. I haven't removed any copyright. Its at the bottom of the forum. I wonder if the issue is caused by the fact that previously you had set your own forum template preference? (not sure here - just guessing). Sorry but I don't even know what this means. This format stuff only occurs on the forum page, nowhere else. Could the "Simple machines" web site be doing this (virus, etc) I've run VET several time but the problem is still there

3. I'm guessing this may relate to template settings.

4. Usually indicates that images are missing in Safari and Internet Explorer. Again could be a forum template issue.

Can I ask you to try clearing your cache and cookies? Did all that and nothing changed.
If you are using Internet Explorer try these instructions:

#4 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

Hi Peter,
Any chance you could send me a screenshot or upload 1 here? I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same issue, if anyone else is having the same issue, please let me know.

My email address is: gavindoolan@gmail.com

#5 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

I believe the solution to this problem is:

1. Go to your account settings page. Select the Profile Link.
2. Select Modify Profile.
3. Change preferred language to "English" some accounts have Danish, Spanish for some reason*

See screenshot for what needs to be changed to English.

* I think this may have happened when migrating to the newest version of the forum.

Also attached is an example of the display problem. You only need to worry about this if you are getting this error.

If you cannot get to your profile settings page, please feel free to email me or PM me and I'll fix it for you.

Attached Thumbnails

• 11223_f817c41dfa575dcc0fbd738d8f655bce2f46495b.jpg
  • 11221_801786ac8bac3ffdc25ee8a5e23e83b399e0f7a8.jpg

#6 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

Hi Gav..
front page postings and topics doesnt appear to be refreshing that often...is it supposed to be like that ? or is it instant ie..every 10 seconds ..

#7 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:34 PM

Hi Gav..
front page postings and topics doesnt appear to be refreshing that often...is it supposed to be like that ? or is it instant ie..every 10 seconds ..

The latest posts on the front page are pulled via RSS feeds. The content management system runs a "cron" task every 1 hour that refreshes the latest feeds. So it gets updated on an hourly basis, which is why its slightly different to the forum latest posts box.

#8 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:53 AM

I may have missed something somewhere but why is the time different at the top of the page, it throws all the post times out too.

#9 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

I may have missed something somewhere but why is the time different at the top of the page, it throws all the post times out too.

Should be correct now. According to Melbourne / Adelaide time.

#10 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:27 AM

I believe the solution to this problem is:

1. Go to your account settings page. Select the Profile Link.
2. Select Modify Profile.
3. Change preferred language to "English" some accounts have Danish, Spanish for some reason*

See screenshot for what needs to be changed to English.

* I think this may have happened when migrating to the newest version of the forum.

Also attached is an example of the display problem. You only need to worry about this if you are getting this error.

If you cannot get to your profile settings page, please feel free to email me or PM me and I'll fix it for you.

I ran a database query manually tonight to update all members language preference to English so this should be fixed for everyone now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users