Where to buy avgas in victoria?

Scando

Hi guys

Unfortunately you're not allowed to take fuel drums on the Spirit of Tasmania so I can't bring fuel across for the PI meet.  I have a department of environment log book issued through CAMS so that I am allowed to buy it.

Can anybody suggest some places I can try to buy it?

Thanks

Shane

Not many people using Avgas now are there? I was under the impression that controlled fuel was the go in competition (well it is in Rallying, everyone has dropped 100/130), perhaps Circuit Racing is different?

Anyway, the closest point of sale I could think of would be Morrabbin Airport, unless it is available at Phillip Island aerodrome or the Track itself.

If I was you I would call the Clerk of Course.

HIH

• Moderators

Most times when I've gone to state race series events, they sell fuel at the track. As long as you have a CAMS log book, you should be fine. Last time I bought fuel at Moorabbin was about 13 years ago...should still be available..

Not many people using Avgas now are there? I was under the impression that controlled fuel was the go in competition (well it is in Rallying, everyone has dropped 100/130), perhaps Circuit Racing is different?

It's out of most circuit racing aswell but I can still run it in my class and I have the log book which enables me to buy it.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll give Morrabbin airport a call and see how I go  :)