I would like better suspension (2+2).

S30Mike

Check to see if you have the Orig. wet legs first, Mike.

Sorry Lurch what exactly am i looking for?

I think ive got Koni Yellow inserts and Tockico springs atm.. they look filthy so i cant judge by the colour, but i checked my receipt history and at some point thats what was installed..

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!

I am currently in the middle of restoring my suspension on my 2+2 and read this thread before attempting it - it's bloody helpful!

I have a question though! It turns out my car has the original 'wet legs' so I have taken them apart to replace fluid etc, however, it turns out that one of my front 'legs' has been running dry for a while by the looks of things, there is wear on the bush and shaft (see pics) and the seal on the top has worn as a result (probably the reason for it being dry - see pic).

I was wondering if there is a rebuild kit available for these items? Are the bushes and seals still available from anywhere? I know it's a big ask but I can only hope!

post-1570-144023540807_thumb.jpg

post-1570-144023540815_thumb.jpg

post-1570-144023541217_thumb.jpg

post-1570-144023541229_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've read this thread with much interest - and i'm now in the process of redoing my 'wetlegs' for my 260z.

Three questions:

1) did we establish if there is a difference in atf fluid amounts for 260z struts vs. 240z struts?

2) When reloading the atf - does it all get loaded in the 'inner' tube assembly?

3) Is there any 'bleeding' required - if so, what is the recommended way to do this?

cheers

I have just done this work with the wet legs in my 2+2 and found when emptying out the old crap that was in there (they varied from 250mls to 330mls) I settled on 400mls each for front and rear. Combined with the lowered King spring that were fitted at the same time the difference is fantastic. At first I thought it to be too hard but after a few drives it is actually not as hard as my VZ C'dore with FE2 susp.