Rev's new Zed Project

Hi guys well here is the start of a new journey with a new RevZed project.  Just did the deal on this 74 260 (pre emissions) from NSW - it's stock and an auto...so yep here comes my 3rd manual conversion! I'll keep everyone posted as this one gets the 'Rev Build up'.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats  ;D

I knew this car was a good buy when I saw it on the car-sites..

I love the gold colour, not that many around...(except for Lurches)..

anyway, call Canberra Carways, quite a reputable company. They do car transport between sydney & melbourne. (02) 6242 7310  also www.carways.com.au...

Josh, you should also try these guys..

Congrats  ;D

I knew this car was a good buy when I saw it on the car-sites..

I love the gold colour, not that many around...(except for Lurches)..

anyway, call Canberra Carways, quite a reputable company. They do car transport between sydney & melbourne. (02) 6242 7310  also www.carways.com.au...

Josh, you should also try these guys..

Ah! I will do. If it's cheap enough I'll be transporting it for sure. Otherwise I'll drive mine down in the next month or so, and I'm sure we can find a driver (*cough* Scott) to join me on the journey down in your new toy Rev!

Ah! I will do. If it's cheap enough I'll be transporting it for sure. Otherwise I'll drive mine down in the next month or so, and I'm sure we can find a driver (*cough* Scott) to join me on the journey down in your new toy Rev!

For sure!!

Ah just saw this post. Good to see you found a 2 seater. I remember selling my bus and getting the shorter 2 seater and initially found it strange to look back and see no seats or reach out and touch the back tyre whilst the window is down sitting at a set of lights in summer. Will be good to follow the build up of this one!

All the best with the car mate.

Sulio

congratulations Rev.

cant wait for build up process.....

yeah not a big fan of gold either. though like your plans Dave cant wait to see it all happen. 

i love the look of 2 seaters with flares (well got a set for my 240) but i still cringe at the idea of cutting the guards to fit them..... hmmmm still thinking about it........ yep flares are going on cutting or no cutting.

but i bet u miss ur 2+2 than again u got two more so maybe u dont  :P

Gee seeing your new car reminds me of my 260Z I purchased new in 1975 Gold with a cream/white interior and manual of course (see pic). Most 2 seaters were manual and most 2+2's were autos I guess the autos for sale are less desirable and the manuals are held nore sought after and held onto. Bronze body color was more common than the the gold body color at the time. Lynton 8)

post-24-144023533544_thumb.jpg

They were fitted by me after I purchased the car! I believe when I purchased them they were off Japanese spec rally 240Z race cars used in various parts of the world and the cars were pushed over the side the ship when finished with and into the sea as Nissan could not take the fully assembled cars back into Japan something about duties/taxes and Japanese government regulations I don't know if the information was true and correct at the time but it was a win win for me. They were chrome frames and screws with fitted frame gasket inserted to the frame and very thick perspex almost unbreakable by stones perfectly tailor made Lynton  8)