• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:33 PM

Hey Gav, just noticed, sometimes when I click on an image that someone has attached to their post, the thumbnail disappears, then when you click again on the filename, I get a "404 - Attachment Not Found". I'm using Firefox 3.0.3 It only happens now and then but getting a little more frequent.

#82 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,651 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:42 PM

I noticed this too, only with 1 image. Hmm it must be related to the upgrade I did to the forum recently. The template the forum uses is slightly out of date and may be the cause of the issue.

I will need to look further into it. Thanks for the heads up. If you can post links to threads where this is happening and not happening that would be great.

#83 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

Im with Rev...
front page current topics appear to be a few days old and not refreshing  :P

edit: what the ??? now Reverend Daves posting has dissapeared that I just replied to !!!

#84 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,651 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

Sorry guys, hosting company has been threatening to suspend the site due to CPU usage. This is the reason the frontpage is not refreshing yet, the process itself is CPU intensive. I'm going to try another workaround shortly and see what impact it has. Last update from host was that CPU usage was just under acceptable levels.

I'm going to take a crash course in MySQL and hopefully I can then convert the site from SMF (current) forum into the front page CMS. I would pay someone to do this, but so far it seems pretty expensive.

So I'm sorry about the current state of afairs, believe me its been driving me mental over the last few days, but I'm between a rock and a hard place right now.

#85 reverendzed

reverendzed

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Tagline:I'm Dave & Yes! I'm a real Revhead..er Reverend...

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

Hey Gav, why don't you find out how much it will be and let's pass around the 'cyber' hat around - I'll kick it off with $50 if you decide to go that way - perhaps you could put a temp banner on the front page that people can click on to get the site up and going and put some cash toward helping you achieve the results you want, either that or should we be looking for another hosting company...or is my naivety showing as i don't fully understand all that's involved? anyhow I'll help in any way I can.
Rev.

#86 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,651 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

Hey Gav, why don't you find out how much it will be and let's pass around the 'cyber' hat around - I'll kick it off with $50 if you decide to go that way - perhaps you could put a temp banner on the front page that people can click on to get the site up and going and put some cash toward helping you achieve the results you want, either that or should we be looking for another hosting company...or is my naivety showing as i don't fully understand all that's involved? anyhow I'll help in any way I can.
Rev.

Hi Rev,
Thanks for the offer really appreciate it. Unfortunately upgrading server would become quite expensive with the current host and changing provider is a major hassle right now.

Upgrading hosting would take us from $50AU p/month to $150AU p/month. This would give us a virtual private hosting service. My feeling is that this shouldn't be neccessary for the amount of traffic we get on the site. I think the weak link is the forum software and unfortunately I cannot use disk caching with the forum.

1 option may be to look at Vbulletin (another forum software), but I can't confirm if this will fix the issue or not. To be honest I want to avoid using multiple site software to run the site and it would make life so much easier to manage everything from the 1 system.

I do need to get banner advertising back up on the site and perhaps consider using Google Adsense on forum pages. There are a few options, but right now its just a case of getting CPU usage down so that the site stays up.

Thanks again for the offer much appreciated. Lets see how things go over the next couple of days.

#87 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,651 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:58 AM

Hey Gav, just noticed, sometimes when I click on an image that someone has attached to their post, the thumbnail disappears, then when you click again on the filename, I get a "404 - Attachment Not Found". I'm using Firefox 3.0.3 It only happens now and then but getting a little more frequent.

Not sure if its fixed, but I think it was related to disk space allocation to attachments. I think we exceeded the space. I've bumped it up now, but not sure if it will fix it or not yet. Wait and see.

#88 S30Mike

S30Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:05 AM

seems to be working alot better lately, im getting proper updates on front page and not having white box errors

#89 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,651 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:36 AM

seems to be working alot better lately, im getting proper updates on front page and not having white box errors

Hi mate, the contact us, about and register links were misaligned and should now be fixed on the homepage.

The latest forum posts haven't updated in over 24 hours as I've left that function off while trying to sort the issue out.

#90 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,651 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:47 AM

Well looks like Yandex is being a naughty spider, I've now added additional measure to block it from Auszcar.com. lets see how we go. I have a feeling this is the problem with CPU usage, but not 100% sure. Fingers crossed anyway.

#91 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,651 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:12 AM

Apologies to everyone, but while the upload image function is misbehaving please refrain from uploading images. It appears the files are uploaded, but something strange happens to them and I'm not sure if they will be recoverable yet.

So anything uploaded after the 1st of September looks like its causing problems, which co-insides with the update of the forum software (for security reasons).

I have a vague idea of the cause, but as I say please do not upload images as I can't guarantee the fullsize version is being properly uploaded.

Hope to have the problem fixed shortly.

#92 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,651 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:20 AM

Testing attachments on forum.

Attached Thumbnails

• 10084_49f04f3b77defd765f9ddc33b2859ce945aec911.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users