#41 stevo_gj

stevo_gj

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Tagline:Steve

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:43 AM

My car got drenched in those rains yesterday so I didn't enter it. I'll still be along around 1030am if anyone is keen to meet up.

#42 garvice

garvice

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9260.0.html

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:50 PM

So how was it?
I was going to come have a look but I picked up a front cut sat morning and was hoping to have it fully stripped yesterday but it ended up going into today. Man new cars have kms of wire and acres of plastic.

#43 mtopxsecret6

mtopxsecret6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

I got there at 11, and it was a few cars only. Mainly colts, 929's. After driving from ipswich.. i didnt even bother getting out of the car, that was a wasted morning for me.

#44 stevo_gj

stevo_gj

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Tagline:Steve

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

I got there at about 11 as well and had a look around. There were some cool 1600s, a really nice 240z with G-nose and RB30ET and a brown original 260z 2+2. There weren't very many cars though probably only about 30 on display.

#45 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:41 PM

Yeah not many cars but not too bad for a first event. That little 60's Mazda Cosmo was awesome. There were quite a few good cars just parked as well. I didn't 'show' as I was originally booked up that day and I really dislike getting up before 10 on a Sunday.

So you got an RB garvice? I'll have to swing around at some point.

#46 mtopxsecret6

mtopxsecret6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:29 AM

there was only like 5 cars when i got there. the only classic was the cosmo.

#47 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

Warwick had over 100 cars at the HRCC test day on Saturday and 80 cars competing in the Sunday Sprints, plenty of old school muscle cars, Japanese, English, Italian, and Aussie classics too ( sorry no pics, was racing )
The dark blue  Datsun 280z got  third outright fastest for the day, behind a open wheeler formula 2 car, and a group C Commodore.
The car show was the pits area, heaps to see, and no rain.
Next one is scheduled for July 24/25, same bat-place, same bat-channell.
keep ya's all posted!

#48 Dr Datto Motorsport

Dr Datto Motorsport

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

Hi everyone, here's a link to pics from the day, if anyone wants pics of their car email me at missdatsun@hotmail.com with the pic numbers, sorry if I missed any as know i didn't get to some cars for photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drdatto/

About 60 cars registered on the day, but alot scared away by the weather, especially Brisbane didn't stop raining all day on Saturday and Doomben race track ruined by festival fever and then Tsunami warnings! but we were happy the rain stayed away long enough to hold the event and I was surprised the area they held it on was really dry and hard ground so will know its a perfect spot if wet weather ever falls again on these events! so we're looking forward to a big event in June for any year model of Japanese vehicles, even though it was a small event it was a enjoyable day out meeting some great car enthusiasts!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users