garvice

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9260.0.html

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

Just had a look at the photos :o
If those cars are no good to you guys (saw the shiny engine bays), then my car is going to look crap!

#22 Dr Datto Motorsport

Dr Datto Motorsport

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:58 PM

I think I should be able to make the february one.
Car is in no way a show quality car (I like to think of it as a 10' car, good from 10' away), but I'll polish it up anyway.
Brad

At the end of the day we would love to see any car wether between build or even on a trailers. Don't be discouraged from coming even if it is a rat car come anyway the bigger the better.
My crew is even bringing the apprentice's jet ski. Stuff it I'll even try bring the dog, at the end of the day it's a car show come show your face have fun and get along isn't that what its all about!
As long as a certain so and so does not try anything stupid there is bugger all to worry about, bar have fun and enjoy yourself!!!
Who knows what trophies may be awarded but I tell you what it won't be the guy flippin the bill....
Hope to see anyone with anything there lets make this show something to take note of in the future and get behind it...
Get the back out...Dr Datto

#23 garvice

garvice

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

Well I started cleaning my engine bay earlier this week, bit of painting parts, claying existing paint and removing/relocating extraneous parts.

I also installed a new boost valve which is being controlled by my computer instead of the existing bleed valve. Few runs with the new setup and it was building/holding boost very steadily. It was a quick run and I got it home about 30 seconds after the last kickdown. I tell you all this because I open the bonnet and see this

Posted Image
Posted Image

The gasket was on it's way out as I had noticed a bit of weeping at the front of the engine for a while, but still annoying. I had planned on pulling the engine out and pulling it down for a look (Previous owner did the rebuild but I don't know the state of the engine). However I wasn't going to do that until I got my shed built (won't be until ~ April). So all that was to say I probably won't be making the February show. If I pull the engine down before Feb, I don't think I will be able to stop at a simple head gasket, I will end up getting the while I am at it fever.

#24 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:40 AM

So you played with your boost and suddenly you've got oil all over your block "down wind" of you dipstick tube (which is missing?). My diagnosis from those two pics would be a restricted crank case breathing system causing a build up of pressure, causing your oil dip stick to pop out and spray oil everywhere. Now it's either missing and you haven't noticed or you've removed it, but all they generally do is pop the seal and still sit there but with oil dripping out.

Far better news than a head gasket if I'm right.

#25 garvice

garvice

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:50 AM

Actually not quite right.
The boost did not go above 14 pound (which is what I had it tuned for and is much better controlled then the previous bleed valve, I have logging on the computer so can see how the boost reacted).

I took the oil dipstick out to see how much oil I had and to get a clearer photo.
Definitely leaking from head (although I hate to say it).

#26 garvice

garvice

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:51 AM

Will definitely be putting a pressure input to the computer now.

#27 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:13 AM

The other issue here is the five cylinder modification.
Audi, Volvo and Ford(Focus Turbo) have proved it works, It may not be the case with Nissan, yet, but persevere!

Sorry couldn't resist,
But, look at releiving the rocker cover air pressure build up, as the drainbacks to engine are pretty small, and the crankcase breather is also quite restricted, especially if it wasn't removed and cleaned thouroghly ( gauze pack) at last engine rebuild.
Worst case scenario is it could be head gasket, but I doubt this, as the main oil gallery feed from block to head is between No 3 and 4, this pic is showing weep around five!
I drill them out a little( oil restrictor plug at block deck surface) to give better oil delivery/volume to upper end, but, pay attention to oil return into block, and, oil pressure from pump.

#28 RB30X

RB30X

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

is there any other head gasket symptoms, oil in water, water in oil. either into combustion chamber??? seems strange to just have oil weeping externally from the head flange.

#29 garvice

garvice

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:17 PM

No oil in the water, no water in the oil. Haven't had a chance to pull the plugs to see if oil in combustion chambers (Away from car for few days), it was also running really well so wouldn't have caught it if I didn't pop the bonnet. I did catch it within 30 seconds though. I am hoping it is just a really bad leak, HA! Got to live in hope. It has been weeping for a while, but this time a fair bit of oil came out from the other end of the block.

#30 Dr Datto Motorsport

Dr Datto Motorsport

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:31 PM

Hi Guys, bit more info on the event being held on SUNDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2010

Its open to all Japanese vehicles built upto and including 1985.

Costs to enter your car into the show is $10 per car up to 2 cars or $25 for three and over owned by the same person.

Gates open to the entrants from 7.30am and spectators from 9am. Its free to spectate.
Venue : EARNSHAW STATE COLLEGE Cnr Earnshaw and Tuffnell Rds Banyo 4014. UBD Map 121 Ref E11

Food and drink stall will be available.

Here is a chance to show off your older ride no matter what condition to the rest of the Japanese enthusiast community.

There will be trophies: peoples choice, encouragement, and a couple more. So don't be shy come on out and show off your pride and joy.

If you want more info ring Marek 0418 410 443 or email to rx7s2@optusnet.com.au
Tim 0413 812 204 or email tntholland@optusnet.com.au
Alan 0416 312 189 or email rscra@dodo.com.au

Please note too this is open to anything Japanese pre 1985 built. Motorbikes, Tractors, Forklifts, rockbreakers, Trucks, people, etc etc.

I'll keep everyone posted with more info on the June event when it gets closer, Cheers Miss Datsun

#31 stevo_gj

stevo_gj

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Tagline:Steve

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

I'm probably going hey, sounds like a fun day.

#32 Dr Datto Motorsport

Dr Datto Motorsport

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:23 PM

Hi everyone, one week to go till the Japanese Car Show (pre 1985) being held Sunday 28 February at Banyo, will be great to see all the Z's there and anyone who can't bring along a car pop in and have a look as it's free for spectators, Cheers Kerrie

#33 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

Might be a few heading off to Warwick  to Morgan Park racing circuit. HRCC qld is running a test and tune on the Saturday, and Supersprints on the Sunday on 27 and 28 march.
Thats if you are keen to actually drive a car on the track legally and quickly, rather than showing a car statically.
check out events page on hrcc dot org dot au.

#34 cathartik

cathartik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:12 PM

Wonder if I can make it from inner city brisbane out to banyo without an exhaust on....

May just come along for a look-see rather than try to bring the car

#35 matty260z

matty260z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

I'll come down in the morning for a look, but yeah not entering the zed in.

#36 stevo_gj

stevo_gj

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:12 AM

Hey Guys,

Since a few of us are already heading to the classic Japanese I was thinking we should meet up for some beers around lunch time. So far Shaun says he's keen. Anyone else?

My number is 04!^ *!) ()^

#37 orange-Z

orange-Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

Craig & I will probably show up also but not show the Z.

Alan

#38 stevo_gj

stevo_gj

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

Alan, would you like to grab a beer with us around lunch time?

#39 mtopxsecret6

mtopxsecret6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:52 PM

happy birthday everyone.. its my birthday.. yar y ar uyar... im hoping to come to this for my birthday.. wedding night.. and birthday day after.. with classic japanese.. not my wedding.. cant get any better.. ope to see you all there.. i hope to be there to egin with..

#40 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:36 AM

haha had a few mate?

I'll swing by at some point, won't enter the car though. Haven't had time to clean it or anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users