Classic Japanese

Yeah, Can't say too much on a public forum. Lets just say, there is a reason why the Zed Car Club QLD will not be involved again. It is a shame not just because it is so close to me, it was/is a really worthwhile event.

Public event, Public forum, Freedom of Speech....Westminster Law

If the facts are the facts, no one can be liable

C'mon George fill us in....... ;D

EDIT: Greg......... ;D

george? haha no if Greg wants to leave it it's fine. He may still has to attend events with these people and there aren't any positives that come from ripping on other people online. Sounds like they had a disagreement and Greg's keeping it between them which is fair enough.

Just think of the positives, we now have Greg's Northside Wreckers on the VicZCar forums :)

Classic Japanese Show & Shine

www.classicjapaneseshowandshine.com

It's at a park in Strathpine on the 18th of October. Basically just a collection of Japanese cars, lots of cool old jap cars and quite a few newer jap cars that I'm not really interested in but each to their own.

Lynton if you are following this are you going this year?

Well I am still in two minds as to whether I will go?

I did go last year and the oval was being renovated so we were placed on an adjacent parklands for the venue which was quite good plenty of trees for shade if you were lucky, however there were less than a handful of any model Zed considering it is sponsored by the Z club of Qld but an excellent turnout of various numbers of alternative Japanese vehicles but to me it seemed more new school than old school maybe I am wrong in my assessment but it was an excellent venue for Japanese cars to be shown with owners who probably have no other car club representation which surely builds Japanese car curiosity and cures interested owners for lusting their cars upon the public certaainly if it is their only annual show and shine or display for all their hard work and presentation?

I did go to the Noosa classic car show which I enjoyed and will probably go along again this year in September the variety of really cool classic cars was sensational once again I think only two zeds (one being mine) were on show? This year it clashes with the 40th and Z clubs birthday celebrations but Noosa is closer for me so I think I will be there instead. Lynton 8)

• 2 months later...

I was there.

The general condition of the cars in there was in a word rubbish

Not all of them but a 2.6 magna with a painted blue rocker cover is not really capable of being in a show

And thats just one

I will not be going to another one of these if its run by the same person / orgnisation

a 2.6 magna with a painted blue rocker cover is not really capable of being in a show

Haha I know what you mean. I think everyone is entitled to like what they want to, and I think it's good they have a passion but sometimes I just think... really?

In the past shows I checked out the z's, 1600's etc and then skipped all the cars down the front. Nothing past 1980 interested me in the slightest :S

just so as we all realise, the jap show this year 2009, had NOTHING to do with the Z Car Club Qld,

I would contend that the current organisers had very few classic type jap cars entered so, they opened the doors to all sorts of jap stuff,  and certainly not "classic" material.

• 1 month later...

Please find details below on the two coming cars shows for 2010 which are being staged jointly between the Rising Sun Collectors Register of Australia and the Mazda "Four of Clubs" Car Club.

CLASSIC JAPANESE DAY - SUNDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2010

Open to all Japanese Vehicles built up to and including 1985. Three trophies by people's choice only. Admission for show cars is $10 for up to two vehicles or $25 for three vehicles and over owned by the same person. Full catering on-site for food and drinks. Venue is the Earnshaw State College on Earnshaw Road, Banyo, Qld.

Ring Alan on 0416 312 189 for further details or email to: rscra@dodo.com.au

ALL JAPANESE DAY - SUNDAY 20 JUNE 2010

Open to all Japanese Vehicles irrespective of build date. Three trophies by people's choice only. Admission for cars is $10 for up to two vehicles or $25 for three vehicles and over owned by the same person. Full catering on-site for food and drinks. Venue is the Earnshaw State College on Earnshaw Road, Banyo, Qld.

Ring Alan on 0416 312 189 for further details or email to: rscra@dodo.com.au

Alan Taylor

Rising Sun Collectors Register of Australia

PO Box 84, Banyo Qld 4014

So just to be clear. The event on Feb 28th is in no way connected to the Classic Japanese Show and Shine? If so woo hoo. I'll be there with bells on. QLD boys lets get behind this event.

Yes, both these events are being run by the Rising Sun Collectors Register & Mazda Four of Clubs

• 2 weeks later...

I think I should be able to make the february one.

Car is in no way a show quality car (I like to think of it as a 10' car, good from 10' away), but I'll polish it up anyway.

Brad

At the end of the day we would love to see any car wether between build or even on a trailers. Don't be discouraged from coming even if it is a rat car come anyway the bigger the better.

My crew is even bringing the apprentice's jet ski. Stuff it I'll even try bring the dog, at the end of the day it's a car show come show your face have fun and get along isn't that what its all about!

As long as a certain so and so does not try anything stupid there is bugger all to worry about, bar have fun and enjoy yourself!!!

Who knows what trophies may be awarded but I tell you what it won't be the guy flippin the bill....

Hope to see anyone with anything there lets make this show something to take note of in the future and get behind it...

Get the back out...Dr Datto

Well I started cleaning my engine bay earlier this week, bit of painting parts, claying existing paint and removing/relocating extraneous parts.

I also installed a new boost valve which is being controlled by my computer instead of the existing bleed valve. Few runs with the new setup and it was building/holding boost very steadily. It was a quick run and I got it home about 30 seconds after the last kickdown. I tell you all this because I open the bonnet and see this

IMG_3864.jpg

IMG_3865.jpg

The gasket was on it's way out as I had noticed a bit of weeping at the front of the engine for a while, but still annoying. I had planned on pulling the engine out and pulling it down for a look (Previous owner did the rebuild but I don't know the state of the engine). However I wasn't going to do that until I got my shed built (won't be until ~ April). So all that was to say I probably won't be making the February show. If I pull the engine down before Feb, I don't think I will be able to stop at a simple head gasket, I will end up getting the while I am at it fever.

So you played with your boost and suddenly you've got oil all over your block "down wind" of you dipstick tube (which is missing?). My diagnosis from those two pics would be a restricted crank case breathing system causing a build up of pressure, causing your oil dip stick to pop out and spray oil everywhere. Now it's either missing and you haven't noticed or you've removed it, but all they generally do is pop the seal and still sit there but with oil dripping out.

Far better news than a head gasket if I'm right.

Actually not quite right.

The boost did not go above 14 pound (which is what I had it tuned for and is much better controlled then the previous bleed valve, I have logging on the computer so can see how the boost reacted).

I took the oil dipstick out to see how much oil I had and to get a clearer photo.

Definitely leaking from head (although I hate to say it).