#41 Reaper-Zed

Reaper-Zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Tagline:Lance

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

I agree lurch it be a lucky find if i did but luckier things have happened to people got to be optamistic, though I am being realistic im still hopeful to get a decent Zed requiring little work for about 5k, I dont think it can be that far fetched. Just got to start looking real hard..... anyone for a non-stop drive till i find one ???? hahaha might need to do some country driving, its just so hard to find those kind of cars in paddocks. then again for some reason people keep going to my parents home trying to buy my torana and its barely visable from the road.....

#42 reverendzed

reverendzed

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Tagline:I'm Dave & Yes! I'm a real Revhead..er Reverend...

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:55 PM

It's great to have you on board, just remember a contributor is just that... someone who gives as well as receives.  I'm sure as your Zed knowledge grows you'll have plenty to give back.  All the best.
Rev.

#43 Reaper-Zed

Reaper-Zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:00 PM

I agree more then happy to help others as i have said I spray cars as a hobby if anyone wants help with body work in the not to far region of me more then happy to help out, more than anything just keen to get a Zed start working on it and have it to go to events drives etc with other zed owners.

#44 leonZ

leonZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

getting a zed cheap is hard but not impossible i paid $1100 talked down from $1500 and the only major problem was the radiator, i had been looking (hard) for one for about a year, then one day walking to the shop a guy who lives 2 blocks down had one sitting in his front yard and as i walked past he was putting up the sign ;D  lucky i guess

#45 xa1973

xa1973

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:16 PM

;)

Buy a 280zx......$5k will buy you a very tidy good runner........

#46 Brabham

Brabham

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:54 PM

It's a 2+2 so you have a chance. You should be able to get an average 2+2 for about 5k. Just need to be a bit patient and it will need a little bit of work but a lot cheaper than a 2 seater if you are happy with a 2+2. Good luck :D

#47 Reaper-Zed

Reaper-Zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:30 AM

It's a 2+2 so you have a chance. You should be able to get an average 2+2 for about 5k. Just need to be a bit patient and it will need a little bit of work but a lot cheaper than a 2 seater if you are happy with a 2+2. Good luck :D

Would prefer to have a 2 seater so my mates dont sting me with the " can we go in your car" which i get now with my torana ... annoying!

Buy a 280zx......$5k will buy you a very tidy good runner........

without a doubt it would but im not big on plastic, its not as sexc and its got that 80's look im not fond of, 80's was good for one thing. ROCK! hahahaha if i was going to go a 280 might as well get a 300zx

getting a zed cheap is hard but not impossible i paid $1100 talked down from $1500 and the only major problem was the radiator, i had been looking (hard) for one for about a year, then one day walking to the shop a guy who lives 2 blocks down had one sitting in his front yard and as i walked past he was putting up the sign Grin  lucky i guess

Yeah that is a bit of luck / fate? I had a same king of thing happen when i brought my torana, mate at uni said how he spent all weekend putting in the engine of a torana in his mates car that he was selling i asked what it was. 2 days later had me a torana talked him down from 3k to 1300 with a extra gear box and HQ stud pattern fronts, hahahaha. Then again he prob pulled price down coz i was his mates mate. still was good find for me, kind of hoping same thing will happen with a Zed just about all my mates who work as mechanics or spray painters know what im after so hope word gets around the 400k of people down here :P never see zeds in geelong its annoying least i know it wont be as common as my torana :P everything here is prem's and kingswoods.

#48 Reaper-Zed

Reaper-Zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:19 PM

GOT ME A ZED BABY!!!! got a 240 :)

#49 Mr240z

Mr240z

The 1000+ club