#21 Reaper-Zed

Reaper-Zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Tagline:Lance

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:00 PM

hence why transporting it would be about 100 times easyer/ legal, i dont care about roadworthys at this stage seeming the car will be mostlikely offroad for a good 6 months while i tinker with it plus id want to rego it to vic rego and plates.

#22 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:17 PM

transports only worth it if the cars worth 1000% of the transport cost imho. ie to get a car transported from nearly everywhere in aus it would need to be outside of your budget...

just wait for one to come up for sale in vic, and buy it asap

...i also agree that you dont really need to go into uni for mech eng :D and driving down from qld in one go with another driver isn't to painful at all, somewhere around 18hours

#23 HELLFIRE!

HELLFIRE!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:57 PM

I like the look of your car mate nice job, have done so as you asked, How much you looking to sell for ruffly in a years time do you think? and why selling in a years time?

I have 3 Zeds;

260 2+2 Daily driver
Posted Image

260 2 seater (avatar) to be restored
260 2+2 Parts car

The car I plan to sell is the daily driver, but this will only happen when I restore the 2 seater. I'm currently $900 shy of my restoration budget. When the bank statement hits the magical figure everything will start to happen. When the restoration is finished I will have no need for both of the 2+2s so they will be sold at my leisure.

Good luck with your hunt, get the word out to anyone you know, within 6 degrees of separation is a Zed under a tarp that's waiting for you.

I found my 2 seater by a friend telling me about a car he had seen in a paddock whilst on a fishing trip. He said it was sort of like mine and that I should check it out. I was expecting to find a 280ZX and was blown away when I realised it was a 2 seater. $2000 cash and she was mine.

#24 Reaper-Zed

Reaper-Zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:12 AM

thats mega lucky, Im considering going up to cairns to get it ..... honnestly i am but hmmmmmmmm maybe best i wait it seems to be beaten up in a few places bit annoying driving it back from cairns to do people think its worth it???????

#25 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,382 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:42 AM

Found one in QLD
http://www.carsales....id=12306D70E733
that be great but 4000km is a fair drive HAHAHAHA but its perfect for what im looking at

Before you blow your uni budget flying halfway up Australia to look at it. Ask him to send you more photos. In particular under the car (you want to see those chassis rails). Also under the battery area in particular they rust like anything here due to battery acid and neglect. Sills are another common spot, floor pans. There is rust in the rear hatch which means the rear tail gate area is probably rust and there is a sunroof in it.

Sunroofs are not great because the car has a unibody design meaning that the structural integrity of the car is affected by the sunroof. May or may not bother you.

Also the dashboard pic is not good, its probably cracked up good from QLD sun. That alone costs $800 to fix.

Overall the car looks ok and well priced but honestly get more photos from the guy first.

There are no engine bay pics either.

#26 Reaper-Zed

Reaper-Zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:57 AM

I sent him a email today asking for more pictures and what not. One of my house mates is up for a road trip, fly up drive back, figured we just buy some oil water, basic tools and gaffer tap up there and we should be right hahaha. be a adventure thats for sure, I know it could be more of a issue than what its worth but thats half the adventure isn't it? plus flight up there is about 300 bucks, hopefully only miss 2 nights of work and about 8 hours of uni all up. 2 drivers plus give the car a break at every 1000km should be sweet i think, if the car is rusted out then obviously i wont get it, little rust is fine. What im Worried about is the fact the car is unroadworthy, what permits i need to get for each state, I'm hoping the guy who is selling will just let me use the rego to drive it back but guess ill have to discuss that with him, otherwise im fair lost into what to do. Any thoughts?

#27 ZD44TT

ZD44TT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:26 AM

I've gotta say, out of all the forums I'm on.............this one tops it for newbies lining up to pick one up!

Welcome!

: ).

#28 Reaper-Zed

Reaper-Zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:29 AM

I've gotta say, out of all the forums I'm on.............this one tops it for newbies lining up to pick one up!

Welcome!

: ).

cheers  :D

#29 Reaper-Zed

Reaper-Zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:37 AM

Ok just got a email from transport company $810 from depo to depo cairns to melb. bit of a rip so think it be best i went up anyways. would LOVE idea's what people thing about my 2 posts ago. Cheers

#30 RBZ 260

RBZ 260

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Tagline:S chassis Nutter

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:40 AM

few other tips before u start going to cairns.

check pickles.com.au

both damaged and not damged auctions.

had a very reasonable 2+2 sell here in adelaide for 1650. it had rust but definetly dirvable pretty good floor pans. just light rust around back hatch area. engine was clean and was runing.

they do pop up even there. also there was a rear damaged 2 seater 260 with a VG30DETT engine conversion that went for 3600. 2+2 was about 6month ago. the 2 seater was in NSW about a year ago.

if i find something on there ill post it here for you.

also fowles auction group too. massive one in Altona. thats the only spot i think u find a bargain unless there is a clown like me pressing the "bid" button behind the PC trying to snap a bargain too.  :P

other than that. check trading post word of mouth works good. just dont blab how much they worth. also look around u be suprised what u see if u pay attention in peoples yards.

dont rush as of yet. give it a few weeks.

#31 Reaper-Zed

Reaper-Zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

I total agree I work at a servo which is great because i see a lot of cars all day every day to bad only had 2 zeds in 9 months both were 260 2+2's both i have offered to buy neither wanted to sell hahaha annoying! I use to courrier as well through mid victoria but had no luck there, A few of my mates know that im looking for one no dice at the moment finding one though. I agree mostlikely stupid to travel all that way just for a beaten up 2+2 though its in my price range sure something else will come up to. Plus in the mean time i should finnish my torana up before i start trying to cram the shed full of projects hahaha, I just really love Zeds and really would enjoy having one part of my life and also being able to be part of a club with it, my first car ever was a 180B rust bucket paddock bomb, good fun when i was 13 thrashed that car and it never died think thats what made me love datsuns, my mother recently just sold it for $50 hahaha because she was sick of it being in the back yard, I live in town with mates now so it was her call i guess hahaha. I thank you guys a hole lot about all the effort to give me advice, can't wait to have a Z on the road so i can go for a drive with you all one day soon :) cheers I will be a common poster on this forum im happy i stumbled across this site.

Lance.

#32 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Tagline:Past member

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:36 PM

There is a 260z convertable for sale on the Z car Club Qld web site

http://www.zcarclubq.org.au/

#33 MR260

MR260

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:41 PM

Personally I wouldnt go to all the trouble of buying a $2800.00 zed from QLD add $300.00 for flight add over $500.00 for fuel add rego. and accomodation etc. total over $4000.00 and you dont really even know the condition of the car yet.

Im considering selling my Zed for $4800.00 was selling it yesterday but now keeping it, who knows tomorrow

#34 Reaper-Zed

Reaper-Zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

There is a 260z convertable for sale on the Z car Club Qld web site

http://www.zcarclubq.org.au/

25k is a bit out of a uni students league

#35 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,382 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:17 AM

25k is a bit out of a uni students league

Something tells me that Z is going to be up for sale for a long time at that price. Best of luck to the seller though.

#36 Reaper-Zed

Reaper-Zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:40 PM

same here think its a bit far fetched, convertible zed wouldnt apeal to many

#37 Reaper-Zed

Reaper-Zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

Hey does everyone wanna stop bidding on this so i can win it ..... hahahaha I want me a Zed :(
http://cgi.ebay.com....id=p3286.c0.m14

#38 FLEXZED

FLEXZED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Tagline:Loui

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:19 PM

can someone tell me if Grim.Lock has posted the the most times since joining 2 days ago ( 11.08.09 )ffs

#39 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,601 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:35 PM

Hey does everyone wanna stop bidding on this so i can win it ..... hahahaha I want me a Zed :(
http://cgi.ebay.com....id=p3286.c0.m14

Hahaha - there NO WAY you can afford that Zed, mate.
Look, your not going to get anything decent for 4k odd.

#40 Reaper-Zed

Reaper-Zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

can someone tell me if Grim.Lock has posted the the most times since joining 2 days ago ( 11.08.09 )ffs

Im popular :P HAHAHA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users